Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

723 posts in this topic

Adam Eaton has made some bewildering comments. Eaton basically spoke up against giving minor leaguers better treatment. Eaton says if he had been able to financially support himself in the minors he may not have been as motivated to make it to MLB. He actually said he thinks their being exploited but it's for the best. I'd love to see the reaction the next time he walks into a clubhouse on a rehab assignment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cardinals announce Jordan Hicks has a torn UCL. Hes out for a year.

That's a major blow to the Cardinals chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mets are a dumpster fire. Now comes out that their agent turned GM has been making game decisions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Mets are a dumpster fire. Now comes out that their agent turned GM has been making game decisions.

 

 

LOL!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets are denying. GM had deGrom removed from a game earlier in June over a potential injury. Mets say that's not unusual for the FO to request a player to be removed for caution. Nobody has been able to confirm it was an isolated incident or not despite the Mets denial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venters is back. Hes been called up by the Nats. He didnt give up many hits in AA for the Nats but his control was still an issue. He walked 6 and hit 1 batter in 7 innings. 

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Venters is back. Hes been called up by the Nats. He didnt give up many hits in AA for the Nats but his control was still an issue. He walked 6 and hit 1 batter in 7 innings. 

He's still better than Rosenthal, so I see it as an upgrade. Not a great one, but firing Trevor Rosenthal was a win for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The family of the 2 year old struck by a ball in Houston earlier this year released details. She has a fractured skull, subdural bleeding, brain contusion and a brain edema. She is also on medicine to prevent future seizures after having one while in the hospital. Here's hoping every team will extend netting.

Falconsfan567 and youngbloodz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

The family of the 2 year old struck by a ball in Houston earlier this year released details. She has a fractured skull, subdural bleeding, brain contusion and a brain edema. She is also on medicine to prevent future seizures after having one while in the hospital. Here's hoping every team will extend netting.

That's horrific!! Teams should have extended the netting years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While im going to act like an expert on this issue,  but if people paid mor attention to the game than their phones this wouldn't be such a hot button topic, just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

While im going to act like an expert on this issue,  but if people paid mor attention to the game than their phones this wouldn't be such a hot button topic, just my opinion. 

Was this a case of someone not paying attention? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

While im going to act like an expert on this issue,  but if people paid mor attention to the game than their phones this wouldn't be such a hot button topic, just my opinion. 

You can say that but it's absolutely impossible to watch the field every second of every game. I don't know about you but it's not easy for me to stand up and let people in and out of the isle and stuff like that and watch the game at the same time. That also doesn't mention talking about taking care of your children.

Why would anyone object to increasing the length of netting?

EDIT: Also, even if you are paying attention, depending on where you're sitting, the reaction time to get out of the way or get your hands up? Not everyone has that kind of reaction time to protect themselves.

Edited by Falconsfan567
Born Again Georgian likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked for the Mobile minor league team their inaugural season and saw a guy get his nose exploded.  He just turned at the wrong time.  I avoided a number of line drive foul balls because I was paying attention to the game along with my customers. 

Honestly im all for the netting,  but if you're there for the game and not the social gathering behind it,  there wouldn't be that much of a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can pay attention to every second of a game and still be hurt. Some of these balls are coming off the bat over 100 MPH. Those are difficult for a pro to react to. A normal person, child especially is going to have a more difficult time moving and navigating the people around them. MLB stadiums are such a great experience, I love watching the game but I love being in the environment. The Braves especially provided a wonderful experience at SunTrust. I hope the Braves expand the netting so parents and everyone can enjoy the wonders of baseball and their family/friends with peace of mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

You can pay attention to every second of a game and still be hurt. Some of these balls are coming off the bat over 100 MPH. Those are difficult for a pro to react to. A normal person, child especially is going to have a more difficult time moving and navigating the people around them. MLB stadiums are such a great experience, I love watching the game but I love being in the environment. The Braves especially provided a wonderful experience at SunTrust. I hope the Braves expand the netting so parents and everyone can enjoy the wonders of baseball and their family/friends with peace of mind.

Exactly what I was saying.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I know it's a fantasy, but my Rangers are playing over their heads right now.  They own a WC spot and have cut Houston's lead (in a week) from 11 games to 4.5 games from first. I am not one of those giddy nuts that thinks they will be some Cinderella team, but for now let me enjoy the ride. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Right now I know it's a fantasy, but my Rangers are playing over their heads right now.  They own a WC spot and have cut Houston's lead (in a week) from 11 games to 4.5 games from first. I am not one of those giddy nuts that thinks they will be some Cinderella team, but for now let me enjoy the ride. 

I told you back during the winter that I liked what they were doing loading up on all these veteran players. If they didn't play well they could flip them but they've turned out to play really well as a team.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I told you back during the winter that I liked what they were doing loading up on all these veteran players. If they didn't play well they could flip them but they've turned out to play really well as a team.

Yes, but it is also the young guns coming through for them. If they can bolster the pitching staff at the deadline, they have a shot at being competitive, maybe not the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half of MLB is on pace to set a new franchise record for team HR. Angels are just 1 HR off making it over half.

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never understand why the Padres brown and yellow uniforms are so popular with people. I think it looks like someone puked all over the uniforms. But people seem to love them so much so that the Padres are probably going back to them permanently next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!!! I just realized, we have a Japanese baseball player playing for an American baseball team in a European futbal stadium. LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!! Tie game!!! Yankees scored 6 runs in the top of the 1st and the Red Sox scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 1st. Both starters knocked out the game in the 1st inning!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now