Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

922 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Some of y’all have undoubtedly seen it, but it’s being reported that MLB has given permission for the Rays to explore becoming baseball’s first multi-city team. There is apparently interest in playing early season games in Tampa, while closing out the season in Montreal. 

It's is an absolutely stupid idea. I could understand it if we were talking about something more reasonable like St. Pete and Charlotte, but Montreal? That's not even in the same dang country!! This is far different than when the Bills were playing some of their home games in Toronto. That wasn't a bad deal.

Chuck Hernandez has been fired again. This time as Mets bullpen coach. Mets pitching coach Dave Eiland has been fired too.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Its pending MLBPA approval if they go forward. I dont see the players ever approving this. That's a lot of traveling, where do you live? Where does your family live? Also, both stadiums have issues. I'm pretty sure Montreal can get one of the expansion teams if they build a new one.

Not to mention the insane tax the players would have to pay. They would have to pay taxes in Canada and the U.S. 

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Chuck Hernandez has been fired again. This time as Mets bullpen coach. Mets pitching coach Dave Eiland has been fired too.

Mets offense is terrible and the pitching coaches take the fall? Makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Mets offense is terrible and the pitching coaches take the fall? Makes sense.

Looks like they're blaming the bullpen. They hired Phil Regan as the new pitching coach. Regan is 82 years old. Their new bullpen coach is Ricky Bones. Bones was fired after last year as bullpen coach. Mets are such a mess.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'd love for the Braves to somehow get him back into the organization. He was terrific as the minor league pitching coordinator. 

JDFIII likes this

Ken Rosenthal said MLB knows the Rays players would need help with taxes, a housing allowance and probably more money overall to make it work. Even then Rosenthal admits it's a tough one to get through the MLBPA.

JDFIII likes this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Pretty cool moment from Pujols. He happened to notice a fan wearing his jersey when the Angels came out to take the field. 

This is why I'll never love anything (other than my children) more than I love baseball. 

jidady and Dawggone like this

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Forget the stands, MLB needs to add netting below the catcher's waist. Too much of this happening

Oh my God, that is brutal! 

3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Louisville. Classy..

There needs to be some kind of discipline handed down to this kid!! There's absolutely no reason for this!!

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Can someone please decipher this?

Looks like hes saying the zone doesnt matter, it's about hitting your catchers target. If you dont hit the target it's not a strike in this guys brain.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Looks like hes saying the zone doesnt matter, it's about hitting your catchers target. If you dont hit the target it's not a strike in this guys brain.

Which is ridiculous!!! But yeah, it was a very dumb thing to say.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There needs to be some kind of discipline handed down to this kid!! There's absolutely no reason for this!!

LOL it probably wasn't even the worst thing said during the game.

Why would you suspend someone when they didn't break any rules?

Albert Pujols just homered. This is his first series back at St. Louis in eight years, which is kind of hard to believe.

Rays will have a media session on Tuesday to discuss their 2 city idea. Rays beat writer is saying hes hearing it could be just a ploy to gain more leverage for a new stadium in Tampa.

Reporter Tim Healy was nearly attacked while asking questions in the Mets clubhouse. Manager Mickey Callaway kicked it off with ....

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reporter Tim Healy was nearly attacked while asking questions in the Mets clubhouse. Manager Mickey Callaway kicked it off with ....

Rumblings that Callaway could finally be fired after all this. There was a report weeks ago that the Mets clubhouse was a total disaster.