Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

798 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Can someone explain to me how Odrisamer Despaigne continues to get multiple chances year after year to pitch in the majors when all he ever does is get shelled? He's 32 years old and got a career -2.9 rWAR, 4.94 ERA, 4.35 FIP, and 1.416 WHIP across 349 2/3 MLB IP.

He finds a home as pitching depth on bad teams. White Sox got him from Cincy for that reason.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

He finds a home as pitching depth on bad teams. White Sox got him from Cincy for that reason.

It's just insane that young pitchers aren't given as many chances as someone like him.

David Ortiz arrived at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston yesterday. He underwent a second surgery and is resting in ICU. The Boston Red Sox sent a medical plane to bring Ortiz to Boston to ensure hes getting the best medical care.

The Rangers are surprising people, especially me. Yes, they need more pitching, but the young lineup is scoring runs, and Woodward is doing a nice rookie managerial job. 

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Padres now lead 15-11 in the 12th inning after being down 6 runs to start the 9th inning.

Bananas! 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Shohei Ohtani hit for the cycle tonight.

And Jake Bauers hit for the cycle Friday night. 

Angels DFA'd Cody Allen.

I wanted Cody Allen signed during the offseason and would still take him in a heartbeat!! He got off to a tremendous start this year before things went south. So there's some hope there for a rebound.

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

White Sox will be the first team in MLB to have netting foul pole to foul pole 

That's great!! They've got that in Japan and it doesn't hinder the fan experience. This is something that MLB should have done years ago.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

How bad is it going in DC? Scherzer bunted a ball off his face during BP.

That’s their season so far in a nutshell. 

What kind of stupid bunting was that?

You play like you practice, Max.  You’re not going to bunt like that in a game, so why do that lazy crap in practice?  There’s a reason you’re supposed to square around with a slight bat angle and level the bat out as the ball gets to you so you bunt the ball to the ground.  Just standing upright and sticking your bat out at a ridiculous angle is how you get a broken nose, ya big dummy.

You practice like you play, and you play like you practice.  Lesson learned, Max.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

In true Scherzer fashion, he will start tonight with a broken nose.

This is what hitters will see tonight 

TheTrue7 likes this

Some of y’all have undoubtedly seen it, but it’s being reported that MLB has given permission for the Rays to explore becoming baseball’s first multi-city team. There is apparently interest in playing early season games in Tampa, while closing out the season in Montreal. 

jidady likes this

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Some of y’all have undoubtedly seen it, but it’s being reported that MLB has given permission for the Rays to explore becoming baseball’s first multi-city team. There is apparently interest in playing early season games in Tampa, while closing out the season in Montreal. 

I think that it's brilliant, but I wonder how playoff home games would work. A one-game elimination home game would be difficult to negotiate. Tampa should get it for weather reasons, but I would expect that they'd have to alternate. 

ATLBrave likes this

Its pending MLBPA approval if they go forward. I dont see the players ever approving this. That's a lot of traveling, where do you live? Where does your family live? Also, both stadiums have issues. I'm pretty sure Montreal can get one of the expansion teams if they build a new one.