Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

804 posts in this topic

Reds Raisel Iglesias decided to tell the media hes unhappy. Iglesias said he doesnt like how his manager is using him and doesnt want to be in the game unless it's a save situation. 

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reds Raisel Iglesias decided to tell the media hes unhappy. Iglesias said he doesnt like how his manager is using him and doesnt want to be in the game unless it's a save situation. 

Hey Raisel.  How about “do your job!”

Last time the Nats were this bad in May they finished last in MLB. They used their #1 pick from that year on Strasburg. 

Already talk that the Nats will fire Dave Martinez unless the team turns it around. If they dont turn it around that would be a surprising flop for the once hot candidate and former right hand man of Joe Maddon.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Already talk that the Nats will fire Dave Martinez unless the team turns it around. If they dont turn it around that would be a surprising flop for the once hot candidate and former right hand man of Joe Maddon.

I think they will turn it around.  They've got too much talent (albeit young) not too.   Starting pitching is good.  Bullpen is a problem like a lot of teams.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I don't think all of this can be laid at the feet of Dave Martinez. The Nationals have had 4 managers in the last 8 years and haven't won squat. Somehow it's always the manager's fault.

9 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Second career no hitter for Fiers.

The 2 no-hitters by Fiers are the only 2 complete games of his career.

Sinclair, who bought all the regional Fox networks, says they want to take the industry into streaming. They believe streaming the networks on your device is the way to expand the audience. They also think the legalization of sports gambling is driving viewership to new levels. 

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Sinclair, who bought all the regional Fox networks, says they want to take the industry into streaming. They believe streaming the networks on your device is the way to expand the audience. They also think the legalization of sports gambling is driving viewership to new levels. 

But Fox already provides live streaming for all their events. MLB has a live streaming service.

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But Fox already provides live streaming for all their events. MLB has a live streaming service.

I guess he means adding them to Sling and those types of services. I dont think they offer them on those platforms for every market. I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I guess he means adding them to Sling and those types of services. I dont think they offer them on those platforms for every market. I could be wrong.

No. They're not on those services. It's a standalone app like the ESPN app. You can't watch that on a TV package. One thing I will say that he could be talking about is making it to where subscribers to internet TV can use their login info to watch streaming apps. Right now internet TV subscriptions aren't accepted on streaming apps. You need a real cable or satelite subscription in order to use live streaming apps. The next step would be to allow internet TV subscribers the ability to watch live streaming apps.

Rays acquired Travis d'Arnaud from LA for cash. d'Arnaud signed with the Dodgers after his release in NY. He spent a week as a Dodger.

Just saw where the Braves are one of 8 teams Madison Bumgarner can block a trade to. Time to put those thoughts to rest.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just saw where the Braves are one of 8 teams Madison Bumgarner can block a trade to. Time to put those thoughts to rest.

What he did was block a trade to the eight teams likeliest to make the playoffs. It's his way of turning an 8-team no-trade clause into a full no-trade clause. It's pretty clever, really.

14 hours ago, jidady said:

What he did was block a trade to the eight teams likeliest to make the playoffs. It's his way of turning an 8-team no-trade clause into a full no-trade clause. It's pretty clever, really.

It's also a good way to get something major in return for waving his right to block a trade to one of those 8 teams. He pretty much has 150% of all the leverage and if he doesn't get what he wants then he says no.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, Unkn0wn said:

They're already on Sling. That's how I watch these days.

I'm guessing they want to consolidate their now-substantial sports offerings on their own streaming platform. 

If you don't think the baseballs are juiced and different now than they were a few years ago then maybe this will convince you.

I also wish I could find those stats Chip was rattling off about the major increase in homeruns at the Triple-A level this year after they switched to using the same ball that's used in the majors.

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If you don't think the baseballs are juiced and different now than they were a few years ago then maybe this will convince you.

I also wish I could find those stats Chip was rattling off about the major increase in homeruns at the Triple-A level this year after they switched to using the same ball that's used in the majors.

AAA HR rate is up from 1.7 a game to 2.56 this year. Five players are one 70 HR pace at AAA. El Paso has hit 89 HRs in 37 games this year. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

AAA HR rate is up from 1.7 a game to 2.56 this year. Five players are one 70 HR pace at AAA. El Paso has hit 89 HRs in 37 games this year. 

That is incredible. It's awful. Don't know why MLB decided that they needed to juice the balls to artificially inflate homerun totals.