Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

797 posts in this topic

Simba just turned in one of the weirdest double plays I've ever seen!! No infield fly rule was called so he let the ball drop. He then grabbed it and stepped on 2nd for the force out and then got the runner in a run down between 2nd and 3rd for the double play.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nats have fired pitching coach Derek Liliquist.

I wonder do you even look before you post sometimes? I posted the video of Rizzo talking about this last night.

When people post from phones, it's not always easy to see what's been posted before. Various browsers and operating systems have different displays.

Falconsfan567 likes this

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

When people post from phones, it's not always easy to see what's been posted before. Various browsers and operating systems have different displays.

Ok. I didn't mean any ill will behind it if that's the way it came across.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok. I didn't mean any ill will behind it if that's the way it came across.

It did read as kind of irritable, at least to me. Unknown does nothing but bring positivity and useful information to this community, so it made me feel a bit protective. I'm glad that I read it wrong. We're all annoyed enough with a couple of trolls invading lately.

Just now, jidady said:

It did read as kind of irritable, at least to me. Unknown does nothing but bring positivity and useful information to this community, so it made me feel a bit protective. I'm glad that I read it wrong. We're all annoyed enough with a couple of trolls invading lately.

Yeah, I can see how it might have come across that way. I certainly didn't mean it. Unknown is one of my favorite posters here. If I'm not quick enough to post info he has usually beat me to it.

jidady likes this

I actually use him as a bellwether for how the Braves are playing. On the rare occasions when he complains about something, I KNOW it's bad.

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

I actually use him as a bellwether for how the Braves are playing. On the rare occasions when he complains about something, I KNOW it's bad.

I would say he's the most level-headed poster here.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Reds released Matt Kemp today!! Nick Stenzel takes his spot in the lineup!

I have a feeling he'll end up back in LA... again.  If that happens there might be some rumblings around the league about the Dodgers doing shady business. 

Dodgers:  Matt,  we're gonna trade you,  but we want you to suck it up and get released,  then we'll resign you. 

It was not a good night for the Ross brothers.

Tigers Tyson Ross = 1 1/3 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 1 SO

Nationals Joe Ross = 0 1/3 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 0 HR, 1 BB, 0 SO

Nats are having a tough go in all areas. Their plane had engine issues last night. They had to stay on the tarmac for 7 hours. They finally got off and just spent another night in Philly. They have a game in Milwaukee at 7:40 tonight.

How bad is the Boston pitching situation? David Price went on the IL and they called up former Brave Ryan Weber to replace him. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

15 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

When did they start referring to it as the IL, wasn’t it DL before?  I’m just now noticing this. 

MLB changed it during the offseason 

1 minute ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

What in the kung fu panda is going on around here? 

Giants were getting blown out so he pitched the 8th inning. He pitched in a game for them last year too.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Giants were getting blown out so he pitched the 8th inning. He pitched in a game for them last year too.

It feels like we've seen more position players pitch than even before this season. 

4 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

It feels like we've seen more position players pitch than even before this season. 

There was a record number of position players that pitched in games last year. So far this year that hasn't slowed down. It's why MLB is putting in the thing for next year that you've got to designate specific players that can pitch in games and in order to qualify they've got to pitch in either 20 games or 20 innings. Can't remember which one it is.