2019 MLB Season Thread

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This woman thought she was going to die  

Remember all those times when MLB players voted Bryce Harper as the most overrated player in the game? There may have been something to that...

F*ck that dude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CC Sabathia is only 14 strikeouts away from 3000. When he reaches that mark he'll become the first since John Smoltz on April 22, 2008 and just the 17th ever to reach that mark.

1. Walter Johnson = July 22, 1923
  2. Bob Gibson = July 17, 1974
  3. Gaylord Perry = October 1, 1978
  4. Nolan Ryan = July 4, 1980
  5. Tom Seaver = April 18, 1981
  6. Steve Carlton = April 29, 1981
  7. Fergie Jenkins = May 25, 1982
  8. Don Sutton = June 24, 1983
  9. Phil Niekro = July 4, 1984
  10. Bert Blyleven = August 1, 1986
  11. Roger Clemens = July 5, 1998
  12. Randy Johnson = September 10, 2000
  13. Greg Maddux = July 26, 2005
  14. Curt Schilling = August 30, 2006
  15. Pedro Martinez = September 3, 2007
  16. John Smoltz = April 22, 2008
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived for posterity's sake: SI's top 100 baseball players:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/21/top-100-mlb-players-2019-bryce-harper-manny-machado-mike-trout

And their follow-up article the next day justifying many of their picks:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/21/top-100-notes-nitpicks-trea-turner-chris-sale-jacob-degrom-alex-bregman

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I don't think I will get MLB. extra Innings this year as the Rangers are basically Fielding a minor league team 

God I wish Cuban would have bought the team a few years ago.

I like what they've done. They need to rebuild so they've signed a bunch of guys that if they do well they can flip for prospects.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I like the trade for young arms, but they are years away. It is Mainly the castoff failed minor leagers position players invited to camp I'm talking about.

We know your pain. Before last year we were just throwing the kind of guys out there. Hoping they did something so we could get any kind of prospects in July.

38 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Do they really think $1M is going to increase interest in the derby? For some it will but for the big names another $1M is nothing to them.

I think you underestimate what people will do for $1M especially if it's only for one evening of swinging a bat.

Aaron Judge was asked about the $1M and said he will not be persuaded to participate because of it. He actually cited the toll it takes on your body with not enough time to recover. I'll be interested to see if actually does pull in some more of those established guys making big money already.

20 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Aaron Judge was asked about the $1M and said he will not be persuaded to participate because of it. He actually cited the toll it takes on your body with not enough time to recover. I'll be interested to see if actually does pull in some more of those established guys making big money already.

Odd stance considering Harper went off *after* he won the HRD last year.