Ransack

2019 Braves Minor Leagues and Prospects Thread

219 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Waters is the real deal. The game I got to see live I think he impressed me more than Pache. 

An OF of him, Acuna, and Pache could be absolutely incredible!!

maorifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nolan Kingham threw a Maddux in his last start for the Fire Frogs; a 9-inning complete-game shut-out throwing only 85 pitches. The game lasted only a little over 3 hours. It was the first minor league complete game thrown by a Braves pitcher since Bryse Wilson turned the trick for Rome in July 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Interesting... 

He played some OF in spring training, not much but some. He's also played some 1B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Riley will play at least one game a week in LF now. Braves want him to be ready if something happens to either Acuna or Freeman. Hes also on an absolute tear. He homered tonight and has 9 HR in his last 46 ABs.

ATL Fan in the DMV and jidady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a Twitter post where someone said that the Braves don't have a ton of impressive farm talent. I'm far from the expert on the Braves farm situation, but that just seems like a very ignorant statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Saw a Twitter post where someone said that the Braves don't have a ton of impressive farm talent. I'm far from the expert on the Braves farm situation, but that just seems like a very ignorant statement.

Still plenty of talent there. Just guys like Waters,  Pache, Riley and Anderson would top any teams farm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Still plenty of talent there. Just guys like Waters,  Pache, Riley and Anderson would top any teams farm. 

Yeah that's what I thought. A Fried, Soroka, Anderson, and Folty top 4 in the pitching rotation could potentially be as good as any team in the majors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah that's what I thought. A Fried, Soroka, Anderson, and Folty top 4 in the pitching rotation could potentially be as good as any team in the majors

Yep, I'm very excited about Anderson. Just the Soroka, Fried and Anderson trio could be the best since Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz. Not saying they'll be HOFs but they'll be a very formidable trio. Similar to what the Mets thought they had with Matz, deGrom and Harvey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yep, I'm very excited about Anderson. Just the Soroka, Fried and Anderson trio could be the best since Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz. Not saying they'll be HOFs but they'll be a very formidable trio. Similar to what the Mets thought they had with Matz, deGrom and Harvey.

Here's to be closer to the former than the latter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jidady said:

It's getting to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if we traded somebody for pitching in order to create a spot for him. 

Something has to be done. We can't keep him at Gwinnett much longer with the way he's raking!!

JDFIII likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing with Riley is that he needs to get consistent playing time. Unless Donaldson goes down, or we are willing to move Inciarte to part time,he won't get that up here - as much as we all want to see him now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Anthopolous is ready to play Riley in LF on a regular basis. That's a defensive liability right now since hes just learning the OF. If he takes to it well then I could see it eventually later in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now