Ransack

2019 Braves Minor Leagues and Prospects Thread

220 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought the Braves cut Jason Hursh sometime last year?

He was removed from the 40 man. He went unclaimed and accepted a minors assignment. 

Watched the Mississippi Braves in Chattanooga tonight. Pache launched a HR, Waters drilled a 2 run double and added two other hits. Waters and Pache both had some good ABs and showed a pretty good knowledge of the zone. Crazy enough Pache committed an error. He misplayed a single into a double. Luis Valenzuela had some impressive ABs as well. He cranked a perfect gapper to the wall to score Pache in the first. His next AB was followed by a sharp liner at the pitcher. 

Went to Rome last night, my first look at starting RHP Jose Olague. Honesty compels me to say that I didn't see much that excited me. Non-athletic, kind of short-arms the ball, doesn't get great extension. Maybe it was a bad day, but both guys who relieved him, LHP Jake Higginbotham and RHP Jose Montilla looked far more polished, especially Montilla who is about the same age as Olague.

Still impressed with CF Justin Dean.

SS Carlos Paraguate is small and doesn't have great pitch recognition, but he has good bat speed. He nailed a double to the wall on a good shot, and a few more cheeseburgers could have gotten it over the fence. He just turned 18YO, so there's still some projection in his body, but he's probably always going to be a little undersized. Made a couple of nice plays at short as well, has a good arm, good range, and soft hands, just sometimes tries to do too much. 

JDFIII and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Adam Duvall did it again, another HR. Hes done it in 6 of the last 7 games.

It's time to call him up (or move him).

43 minutes ago, jidady said:

It's time to call him up (or move him).

Trade him to the Giants!!! Please!! Newcomb with 2 straight starts with no walks!! Package them together to the Giants!!

35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Trade him to the Giants!!! Please!! Newcomb with 2 straight starts with no walks!! Package them together to the Giants!!

Yes please 

Falconsfan567 likes this

These week's farm reports:

Written version has the affiliate news from last week, transaction analysis, and mailbag.

Podcast looks at the Jasseel De La Cruz promotion, Tristan Beck injury, and talks about how the topic prospects at Rome and Florida are faring at the moment.