MSalmon

Who has been on this Message Board the longest?

314 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

The only one that I ever had grudge match discussions with was muskokasfinest (or something like that) and Grendel ( he loved Brian brohm and was virulently against Matt Ryan) @muskokas finest © Was a great debater unlike Grendel 

Yes musucky lmao whatever happened to him? I had some debates with him as well. 

Just now, osiruz said:

I don’t know. He was fun to discuss with

Osiruz and Geneaut like this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I remember back in the days when I was lurking, if there was a cap question the guys would message, “capologist” and out of nowhere...poof. There you were

Back in the days before spotrac or overthecap existed!  I remember the first contract I dug into was Ray Buchanan's deal and that started the whole thing. 

2008. Man the years fly. Some years have seen more trolling than others, but I have LOVED this message board. We fight, we wallow, we celebrate (depending on the occasion). Our own little football family.

papachaz and Geneaut like this

59 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Ha ha he sure could. Dude was a smart troll overall. I did hate the spam when he was mad though

He had a way with words. When he wasn't trolling hard he'd start a few good posts about another subject, but he'd get an odd jab at Ryan in there sometimes that was actually witty. Like you said though when he was mad it was all out attack mode. 

I considered it performance art and got a chuckle out of it. Trolls today are a pale imitation of his genius.

Edited by Geneaut

4 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

He had a way with words. When he wasn't trolling hard he'd start a few good posts about another subject, but he'd get an odd jab at Ryan in there sometimes that was actually witty. Like you said though when he was mad it was all out attack mode. 

I considered it performance art and got a chuckle out of it. Trolls today are a pale imitation of his genius.

Well said. I think the trolls of the past were really just contrarians who loved debating and were articulate. Now trolls are just idiots and spammers

Geneaut and papachaz like this

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Back in the days before spotrac or overthecap existed!  I remember the first contract I dug into was Ray Buchanan's deal and that started the whole thing. 

Still need to ask. They still don’t know

Geneaut and capologist like this

10 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Well said. I think the trolls of the past were really just contrarians who loved debating and were articulate. Now trolls are just idiots and spammers

Yep. He'd make a multi-paragraph post about needing to sign some fairly unknown STs or Defensive player. He'd have stats and background info on the guy, and make a pretty good case. Then he'd end his posts something along the lines of we needed Player X because Matt wasn't going to be capable of converting 3rd downs the next season because he couldn't get outside the pocket consistently. So you'd have some good content, and then he'd spend the next 10 pages of posts arguing about Matt's 3rd down conversion percentage rates against teams with left handed head coaches ( complete with stats that probably showed Matt had bad records against that ), and never discuss the player the thread was supposedly about. Art!

Edited by Geneaut
kschreck and MSalmon like this

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

He posts here now, under the UN Handsome Jimmy.

rivalscentral.net

15 hours ago, gazoo said:

I got on here just after Reeves was head coach. Maybe 1997, somewhere in there.

i recall using that pain in the butt dial up internet and during heated debates with MWJR and SCfalconfan constantly getting bumped off and having the dail back in! Hahaha.

That AOL running man was the bearer of good news.

12 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I joined mid-season 1998. 

2 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

I joined in mid-1998... and miss all the great football talk that used to happen on here. 

Yup, you both were already on here when I joined 

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yup, you both were already on here when I joined 

It was a great group back then.  Lots of knowledgeable football debate and a level of civility that has gone missing since.  

capologist and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

It was a great group back then.  Lots of knowledgeable football debate and a level of civility that has gone missing since.  

Tell me about it. The other day I got a warning for telling another poster to go **** a baby. It's contagious.

MSalmon likes this

6 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Ha ha they sure did. Swift must have had 20 screen names lol 

My Right,

Swift

Swift Kick

Spot on Tan

Right on C Tan

those are the ones I can remember.

MSalmon likes this

No clue, for the most part I have been a lurker for however long.I liked Tuggle, miss Gritz and Supes art, god that **** really was the best. Remember when rivals central was more entertaining and wasn't dead? I actually preferred reading that board more than this one :slick:

I've heard a lot of old timers hopped ship to other forums, but those one's just don't feel like home like this place does.

I was a lurker in the late 90's (young boy on my 56k modem) and didn't register until around 2002 or 2003 I believe.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon