MSalmon

Who has been on this Message Board the longest?

314 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Here are a few throwback nics I can recall when I joined in 2001:

Gazoo, DJ11, SacFalconFan, DaddyKnowsBest, Shay, Decfon1, SwiftKick, Moderator, Shiney McShine, BankerBird, JohnnyBuc, Meagan, TonaBull, BucShaq, Antmillenium, MWJR, ShpForXxx, Direwolf, SCFalcon, Rev Hal, McMVP, AlbinoDonkey, BEllis, JetPac, Falcon56, Skeetbird, Cooter and ClownOrg. I met most of those guys. No matter the racial, religious or political divide, we were a brotherhood back then. Good times. Won't forget.

Man whatever happened to Rev Hal?  He had that cucumber for an avatar.  Banker was a trip too.  I'm pretty sure Shiney still isn't wearing pants, SacFalc is probably at 4 million posts, and Clownorg lived in a house in PA with 14 cats. 

I'm one of the originals, started posting on Mr. Prez's site in '96 with the likes of Cooter, Ant Millennium, Shay, etc. I think the Falcons official MB started in '99 and we all migrated there.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

13 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

Like 2002 here.  Vick’s first year is when when I really got into the NFL.  Been through a few names and various sabbaticals since then, but keep coming back.

Right there with you, I joined in 2002, the year of divisional realignment.

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

No - he didn't die.  I'm still friends with him on Facebook.

Whew!   Sure glad to know that.  lol 

Sorry.  I thought I'd seen it a few months ago. 

16 minutes ago, thamill said:

Man whatever happened to Rev Hal?  He had that cucumber for an avatar.  Banker was a trip too.  I'm pretty sure Shiney still isn't wearing pants, SacFalc is probably at 4 million posts, and Clownorg lived in a house in PA with 14 cats. 

I'm still friends with Hal and Banker on Facebook - they are both doing fine - I think they just kind of had a lot going on in their lives and moved away from the boards.

thamill likes this

2 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I'm still friends with Hal and Banker on Facebook - they are both doing fine - I think they just kind of had a lot going on in their lives and moved away from the boards.

I always enjoyed those guys comments.  I remember Carolina fans wanting to get Banker in trouble with BofA because he worked for them and Carolina's stadium was BofA stadium.  Haha good ol Carologic.

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

in more ways than one....:lol:

as for tenure  I know I was around the last year of Cornelius 'Biscuit' Bennetts time with the Falcons, maybe the last two...so what was that,  97-98??

You were definitely on the mb when I joined. Dire wolf was another. 

3 hours ago, falconsfan84 said:

Joined in 2007, rarely post though.  Mostly just lurk and read all the arguments and debates :lol:

That's the best, saves time and energy. I never meant to sign up on the board but was drawn in by the arguments (bankerbird, prof, capologist, ffs1970, Banker, KOG, Rev, swift) etc..

papachaz likes this

15 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Yup. I lost like 20k posts and had to modify my screen name 

Same here. I joined around 2000 but lost a ton of posts 

33 minutes ago, osiruz said:

It was worse, kinda wish we brough back swift for comedy relief. Him and Gazoo would have those grudge debates that took years.

Ha ha they sure did. Swift must have had 20 screen names lol 

Dutty Ole Bird and papachaz like this

44 minutes ago, osiruz said:

That's the best, saves time and energy. I never meant to sign up on the board but was drawn in by the arguments (bankerbird, prof, capologist, ffs1970, Banker, KOG, Rev, swift) etc..

The only one that I ever had grudge match discussions with was muskokasfinest (or something like that) and Grendel ( he loved Brian brohm and was virulently against Matt Ryan) @muskokas finest © Was a great debater unlike Grendel 

Dutty Ole Bird and papachaz like this

I have no idea how long. I used to be far more active on FalconsRoost ( morecowbell ), but I had an account here for quite a long time. Nowhere near the oldest I imagine.

papachaz likes this

13 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Ha ha they sure did. Swift must have had 20 screen names lol 

at least! the thing with him though, it was easy enough to spot an alias. And that dude could get an IP change and have a new name up and running in less time than it took me to type this, and I do 70 wpm....:lol:

Geneaut and kschreck like this

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

at least! the thing with him though, it was easy enough to spot an alias. And that dude could get an IP change and have a new name up and running in less time than it took me to type this, and I do 70 wpm....:lol:

Ha ha he sure could. Dude was a smart troll overall. I did hate the spam when he was mad though

papachaz likes this