MSalmon

Who has been on this Message Board the longest?

314 posts in this topic

Been on other message boards since 2001. I joined this one in 2009 after lurking for all of 08. It seemed like there were more knowledgeable heads back then, and then there was swift.

papachaz likes this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Best burgers I've ever had in my life. I ate two. Sac ate three. PM the recipe.

Man!!! You better share that burger recipe with everyone!!! Lol

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

I got on here just after Reeves was head coach. Maybe 1997, somewhere in there.

i recall using that pain in the butt dial up internet and during heated debates with MWJR and SCfalconfan constantly getting bumped off and having the dail back in! Hahaha.

OUCH!  MWJR could hurt you with his sarcasm. 

gazoo likes this

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

I think you had 3 :)

Dales Steak Seasoning, hickory chips and charcoal briquettes baby!

Roll dehydrated onions into the ground beef, cook on high flame.  You are right, those puppies are all world when made right.

15 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Man!!! You better share that burger recipe with everyone!!! Lol

gazoo likes this

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I believe that was 2002. Levak invited about 20 of us to the Branch for a Marketing session to help reshape TATF. Best Falcon experience I've ever had. Included a full Branch tour. Locker room, training room, weight room, draft room, team rooms, Reeves' office, you name it. Got to quiz a scout and finished with free lunch in the cafeteria. Butta. Wont forget. There's a pic of us out there on the web somewhere.

Remember when Dan had arranged for me to meet Brian Xanders in his office and I got to see the spreadsheet he used for cap stuff?  Man, that was a high point in my fandom, especially when he told me that my sheet was so close to what he used that they wondered if I had an inside source...LOL

9 minutes ago, capologist said:

Remember when Dan had arranged for me to meet Brian Xanders in his office and I got to see the spreadsheet he used for cap stuff?  Man, that was a high point in my fandom, especially when he told me that my sheet was so close to what he used that they wondered if I had an inside source...LOL

I remember back in the days when I was lurking, if there was a cap question the guys would message, “capologist” and out of nowhere...poof. There you were

I was here in 2001 under vick_tha_slick. I lost like 3 separate accounts due to migrations to new boards. I don’t like posting much but I read every day. 

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

I got on here just after Reeves was head coach. Maybe 1997, somewhere in there.

i recall using that pain in the butt dial up internet and during heated debates with MWJR and SCfalconfan constantly getting bumped off and having the dail back in! Hahaha.

Yep, I had Earl's TV dial-up. The big communications companies didn't even offer Internet at the time. 

It was slow, and there wasn't many people on at the time...good times:D

papachaz and Skeetbird like this

I can't remember - but I was a lurker for a long time before I really started becoming an active poster.   I believe it was right before the first Super Bowl though and I was living in Florida.    A friend that I worked with was actually a Falcon fan too - and told me about it because we were both starved for Falcon news.   I used it just for that at first - reading about anything Falcons.

6 hours ago, k-train said:

This is what the website looked like when I joined

5c402c8952759_ScreenShot2019-01-17at2_16_23AM.png.f2991887fb82a06ef8395884172a222d.png

I miss the overheard portion where the best post got displayed 

9 hours ago, gazoo said:

And I’ll be on here another 30 years! Hahaha

I guess I will too lol

back then if you were a noob it took along time to get posters to interact with you. I don’t think you talked to me for a year lol 

gazoo likes this

7 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

Lurked for years, joined in '08. Got one screen name banned, behaved ever since.

How in the heck did "you" get a screen name banned?

papachaz likes this

13 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

You're like the board equivelent of Betty White

in more ways than one....:lol:

as for tenure  I know I was around the last year of Cornelius 'Biscuit' Bennetts time with the Falcons, maybe the last two...so what was that,  97-98??

MSalmon likes this

13 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Wasn’t there a lot of posters who lost their old SN when they transferred to the new format. Or did I make that up? Lol

you are correct i joined in 99. Lost mine when the switch occoured

papachaz likes this