MSalmon

Who has been on this Message Board the longest?

314 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

DJ11. My brother. We used to go to Gazoo's house to watch games. Cappy came to my pad to witness us close out our first back to back winning season. Gazoo hates me now but I miss him and Cappy. True Falcons.

I don’t hate you bro, I know you are really cool in person and always enjoyed hanging out with you. I still have that burger recipe ;) from those burgers I cooked that day.

We went to training camp a few times as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

Enjoyed the debates about Keith Brooking extension when I first joined. I believe that was 2002.

My name was AmbroseSkyPatrol back then.

Oh man, I remember you bro, we always saw eye to eye on stuff back in the really old days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I joined in 1999. @gazoo .I’m thinking is the longest tenured MB member, or @capologist. Both were on here when I joined.

 

Been here awhile. The most memorable period was the 'Daddy's Home' supertrolling. I remember seeing a lot of cappy, KoG, Bankerbozo, and Gazoo. Seem to remember someone called Voice of Reason as well.

Francis York Morgan and gazoo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I don’t hate you bro, I know you are really cool in person and always enjoyed hanging out with you. I still have that burger recipe ;) from those burgers I cooked that day.

We went to training camp a few times as well. 

Best burgers I've ever had in my life. I ate two. Sac ate three. PM the recipe.

Francis York Morgan and gazoo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Best burgers I've ever had in my life. I ate two. Sac ate three. PM the recipe.

I think you had 3 :)

Dales Steak Seasoning, hickory chips and charcoal briquettes baby!

Roll dehydrated onions into the ground beef, cook on high flame.  You are right, those puppies are all world when made right.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I joined in 1999. @gazoo .I’m thinking is the longest tenured MB member, or @capologist. Both were on here when I joined.

 

I was standing on the internet and they built the first message board around me. You're right about Gazoo and Cappy. They're the ones I remember from back at the beginning.

 

I should edit in that my original handle was jerrasic. Somewhere along the way in my hot headed youth some other member and I had our logins banned lol.

gazoo and Francis York Morgan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few throwback nics I can recall when I joined in 2001:

Gazoo, DJ11, SacFalconFan, DaddyKnowsBest, Shay, Decfon1, SwiftKick, Moderator, Shiney McShine, BankerBird, JohnnyBuc, Meagan, TonaBull, BucShaq, Antmillenium, MWJR, ShpForXxx, Direwolf, SCFalcon, Rev Hal, McMVP, AlbinoDonkey, BEllis, JetPac, Falcon56, Skeetbird, Cooter and ClownOrg. I met most of those guys. No matter the racial, religious or political divide, we were a brotherhood back then. Good times. Won't forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

02 or 03 for me. Couple different accounts due to forgotten user names over the years. Never posted much. I remember Banker and Rev, and McMVP. I literally have used this MB for my Falcons news since. Mostly lurking but if I have a few brews I might chime in on whatever grinds my gears. 

Havent lived in GA since ‘01 so this is my Falcons news go to 

Edited by urban_achiever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Here are a few throwback nics I can recall when I joined in 2001:

Gazoo, DJ11, SacFalconFan, DaddyKnowsBest, Shay, Decfon1, SwiftKick, Moderator, Shiney McShine, BankerBird, JohnnyBuc, Meagan, TonaBull, BucShaq, Antmillenium, MWJR, ShpForXxx, Direwolf, SCFalcon, Rev Hal, AlbinoDonkey, BEllis, JetPac, Falcon56, Skeetbird, Cooter and ClownOrg. I met most of those guys. No matter the racial, religious or political divide, we were a brotherhood back then. Good times. Won't forget.

57chevy, bobbybooshay, Antmillenium, 7dust.......I remember buying  a table for us Falcon board members to an event Flacons put on, and we had Falcons OL coach Pete Mangurain sitting at our table. I asked him a million questions about Keenan Forney, Todd McClure and our other OLs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gazoo said:

57chevy, bobbybooshay, Antmillenium, 7dust.......I remember buying  a table for us Falcon board members to an event Flacons put on, and we had Falcons OL coach Pete Mangurain sitting at our table. I asked him a million questions about Keenan Forney, Todd McClure and our other OLs.

Yeah I remember that. Another great Falcon event I'll never forget. You also had Demorrio Williams at the table with us. It was his rookie year. He was like a deer in the headlights thinking these freakin TATFers are ruthless. That was in 2004. We went to an NFCCG that year.

gazoo and Francis York Morgan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the old chat room.   JA used to let everyone know when he was going to be there and everybody would shoot the breeze for a bit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

I joined in 1997 I believe. Some of the posters I remember back then were Gazoo of course, Chandler is God, BEllis24, JohnnyBuc, Direwolf and many others. I lost many thousands of posts during one of our changeovers. 

I remember direwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Me too bro. Me and Swift were the only two realists on the board. TATF couldn't handle it. The truth hurts. We caught plenty bans. Swift got the perma perma perma ban. I got two perma bans but got voted back in. Once by Levak and again by Larry. Larry gave me another point a few weeks ago though so one more ban and I'm probably gone for good like Swift. Free Swift. I miss him. He was right about so much. And yes he was not a troll. He was a bonafide Falcon fan. Trust me. Way more than some of these guys wanting to bail because the Aints might play in the Benz.

Good ol swift, I didn't know he got the boot and hasn't been back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gazoo said:

I don’t hate you bro, I know you are really cool in person and always enjoyed hanging out with you. I still have that burger recipe ;) from those burgers I cooked that day.

We went to training camp a few times as well. 

Gotta remember - we're all brothers and sisters in our love for the Birds, however it comes out. Certain guys who root for the Falcons to fail or leave Atlanta notwithstanding.

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined during the 2004 season but didn't regularly post until the 2007 season. I usually just lurk around until the offseason, as my favorite part of AFMB is discussing free agency and the draft with everyone.

Francis York Morgan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

I joined during the 2004 season but didn't regularly post until the 2007 season. I usually just lurk around until the offseason, as my favorite part of AFMB is discussing free agency and the draft with everyone.

Same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now