MSalmon

Who has been on this Message Board the longest?

314 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I actually stopped posting for a couple years during that time. It got so out of hand. 

It was pretty bad. I got into it bad defending Vick as much as I defend Ryan these days. I remember posting tons and tons of stats showing in support of Vick. Me and Gazoo and FFS70 and a few others defending Vick when the vast majority wanted Schaub starting.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Me, you, Cappy, Shay, Cooter, MWJR, Direwolf, Antmillenium, ClownOrg and Banker are the only ones I can remember. There was a picture of the group taken. Cappy might have it. My favorite was going in Reeves' office. Also seeing all the workout stats posted in the weight room. Fin was leading the group. You and I talked to Ron Hill at training camp. On the field.

That’s right, Reeves office had that signed football or photo from Shannon Sharpe to Reeves. Pretty awesome to be standing in the private off of the head coach of the Falcons back then! 

Forgot about those workout stats too.....yep, I recall Finn leading. I guess I don’t have early onset of dementia after all :)

Do you remember when we were at camp tha day and that hot female news broadcaster hit on me? You hit me in the arm and said “dude, she was hitting on you” haha. She was freaking smoking

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

It was pretty bad. I got into it bad defending Vick as much as I defend Ryan these days. I remember posting tons and tons of stats showing in support of Vick. Me and Gazoo and FFS70 and a few others defending Vick when the vast majority wanted Schaub starting.

I actually was on the Schaub side :o but for completely objective reasons. I hated the posters who lobbied for Schaub because they attacked Vick and his supporters in the most childish and ridiculous ways. All they did was rile up the Vick crowd. The boards became toxic and every thread was a Vick thread. It didn’t feel like the Atlanta Falcons, it felt like the Michael Vick message board 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I actually was on the Schaub side :o but for completely objective reasons. I hated the posters who lobbied for Schaub because they attacked Vick and his supporters in the most childish and ridiculous ways. All they did was rile up the Vick crowd. The boards became toxic and every thread was a Vick thread. It didn’t feel like the Atlanta Falcons, it felt like the Michael Vick message board 

The worst was Swift. Swift hated Vick as much as he does Ryan. Its why it always used to crack me up when newbies on the board accused Swift of hating Ryan because he wasn't black. They didn't know the truth that Swift hated Vick too.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

16 minutes ago, gazoo said:

That’s right, Reeves office had that signed football or photo from Shannon Sharpe to Reeves. Pretty awesome to be standing in the private off of the head coach of the Falcons back then! 

Forgot about those workout stats too.....yep, I recall Finn leading. I guess I don’t have early onset of dementia after all :)

Do you remember when we were at camp tha day and that hot female news broadcaster hit on me? You hit me in the arm and said “dude, she was hitting on you” haha. She was freaking smoking

Yeah I think it was a signed football from Shannon Sharpe thanking Reeves for developing him. Maybe from a Pro Bowl. On second thought I don't think ClownOrg was at the marketing event. I believe I'm mixing that up with a MBGT. Don't recall the hot babe, but it could be dementia, or maybe you were dreaming. :)

gazoo likes this

I was on the Vick train at first, until Reeves got fired.  At that point I became a lot more critical of Vick.  He wasn't progressing at all.  His best statistical year in Atlanta was his first year as the starter.  By the time he screwed up his life, he was a very inept football player.  If he had spent his time studying/working on learning the game, and how to be a consistent passer, he could have been the best ever.  All I can think whenever Vick is mentioned is how much he wasted his talent.

Put Ryan's head on Vick's body, and you have the greatest QB in history, and it isn't even close.

capologist, Falconsfan567 and gazoo like this

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:46 PM, MSalmon said:

I joined in 1999. @gazoo .I’m thinking is the longest tenured MB member, or @capologist. Both were on here when I joined.

I've been here about that long. Actually probably 1998.  My original user number was like 486 or something.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, MSalmon said:

Yup. I lost like 20k posts and had to modify my screen name 

I had to start over as well.  I had several thousand posts that I lost.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

I've been here about that long. Actually probably 1998.  My original user number was like 486 or something.

I think my user number was 700 something. That tells you the growth of this mb

10 hours ago, robertap said:

I was on the Vick train at first, until Reeves got fired.  At that point I became a lot more critical of Vick.  He wasn't progressing at all.  His best statistical year in Atlanta was his first year as the starter.  By the time he screwed up his life, he was a very inept football player.  If he had spent his time studying/working on learning the game, and how to be a consistent passer, he could have been the best ever.  All I can think whenever Vick is mentioned is how much he wasted his talent.

Put Ryan's head on Vick's body, and you have the greatest QB in history, and it isn't even close.

I remember when I came back from visiting training camp for 2 weeks and posted my observations on Vick of him being the last to arrive and the first to leave.  Thought I was going to get to ran off the boards...lol  Had all the athletic ability in the world but his head wasn't in it.  Follow a team for two weeks and you'll learn a lot about the players if you watch for the right things...

13 hours ago, gazoo said:

Who was all part of that form the boards? I recall MWJR, Cappy, You, Cooter and direwolf  maybe, but I can’t recall anyone else although there were 20 of us. 

I recall the used two suggestions I made for the website about drop down menus and a little coaches segment on what to look for in upcoming games for the students of the game.

My favorite part was going in the war room and seeing the Falcons draft board. I distinctly recall MWJR being with me, and we had been argu8ng about Byron Scott’s 40 yard dash, and his draft card confirmed my argument! Haha

Byron Scott was drafted in 2003 draft so it must have been shortly after that draft we toured.  Also, I got to talk to Ron Hill in depth who was head of our scouting department.

In 2003 Doug Johnson was our starting QB after Vick broke his leg I think!

I actually came across those Byron Scott's 40 time threads when looking at the early 2000s archived pages of the boards via wayback machine.com. There was also some point back then where it looked like a bunch of people were trying to call you out about making an edit to a post & then blowing it up into some huge ordeal. What in the world was all that about?

Yeah, in 2002 Doug Johnson got to play significantly when Vick went out with a sprain early in a game against TB. Johnson was absolute garbage in that one w/ 150 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 52% comp, 30.8 rate. The following week, ATL had a road game against the Giants & it seemed as though nobody thought there was any chance we'd win that game with Vick out & Johnson as the starter. Although Johnson played much better (257 yards, 1 TD ( and 1 TD rushing), 0 INTS, 76% comp, 121.6 rate) it was honestly the defense that won that game for Atlanta, combined with the Giant's stud D-line all getting hurt during the game. Fun fact, Matt Bryant kicked a 38 yard FG for the Giants in that game. Anyhow, Vick came back the following week & Johnson went back to cleanup duty for the rest of the year.

The following preseason is when Vick broke his leg. Most people knew we were screwed, but there were a handful of psychopaths that were so transfixed on that game Johnson had vs the Giants that they acted like everything would be just fine. What always puzzled me about that is why didn't those people pay any attention to how terrible he was in the week prior vs Tampa? I mean, that was far more in line with what he'd shown to that point in his career compared to the numbers he put up against the Giants. What did Johnson end up doing with those 8 starts to kick off the 2003 season?

A 1-7 record w/ 1655 yards, 8 TDs, 12 INTs, 56% comp, 67.5 rate

gazoo likes this

14 hours ago, gazoo said:

I knew shiney mcshine personally, he dated a friend of mine way back when. Trust me, he wasn’t swiftkick.

Can't remember when, but on my old account everyone was wondering where shiney was. and Swift and I was talking in PM. he told me then that he used to be the admin, shinney. As cool as Swift and I were, I see no reason why he would lie on something like that.

17 minutes ago, citsalp said:

Profile says 1969...LOL  1999 very probable.

you win!!!! but how did you manage to keep your body like that? I would like to tell my wife. 

citsalp likes this

Just now, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

you win!!!! but how did you manage to keep your body like that? I would like to tell my wife. 

LOL, that's not me, that's my old GF from 10 years ago.  Hated to see her go.

1 hour ago, k-train said:

I actually came across those Byron Scott's 40 time threads when looking at the early 2000s archived pages of the boards via wayback machine.com. There was also some point back then where it looked like a bunch of people were trying to call you out about making an edit to a post & then blowing it up into some huge ordeal. What in the world was all that about?

Yeah, in 2002 Doug Johnson got to play significantly when Vick went out with a sprain early in a game against TB. Johnson was absolute garbage in that one w/ 150 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 52% comp, 30.8 rate. The following week, ATL had a road game against the Giants & it seemed as though nobody thought there was any chance we'd win that game with Vick out & Johnson as the starter. Although Johnson played much better (257 yards, 1 TD ( and 1 TD rushing), 0 INTS, 76% comp, 121.6 rate) it was honestly the defense that won that game for Atlanta, combined with the Giant's stud D-line all getting hurt during the game. Fun fact, Matt Bryant kicked a 38 yard FG for the Giants in that game. Anyhow, Vick came back the following week & Johnson went back to cleanup duty for the rest of the year.

The following preseason is when Vick broke his leg. Most people knew we were screwed, but there were a handful of psychopaths that were so transfixed on that game Johnson had vs the Giants that they acted like everything would be just fine. What always puzzled me about that is why didn't those people pay any attention to how terrible he was in the week prior vs Tampa? I mean, that was far more in line with what he'd shown to that point in his career compared to the numbers he put up against the Giants. What did Johnson end up doing with those 8 starts to kick off the 2003 season?

It's Bryan Scott people!!! LOL!!

gazoo and k-train like this

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's Bryan Scott people!!! LOL!!

LOL. Maybe that was the problem all along... people were looking at a dude named Byron's numbers rather than Bryan's.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, Sidecar Falcon said:

Wasn’t there a lot of posters who lost their old SN when they transferred to the new format. Or did I make that up? Lol

I lost my original board name for being a "bad" boy.

4 hours ago, capologist said:

I remember when I came back from visiting training camp for 2 weeks and posted my observations on Vick of him being the last to arrive and the first to leave.  Thought I was going to get to ran off the boards...lol  Had all the athletic ability in the world but his head wasn't in it.  Follow a team for two weeks and you'll learn a lot about the players if you watch for the right things...

I'm pretty sure that I wasn't one of those running you off.  I always respected your opinions.  But dude, we were both dead wrong on Doug Johnson.  ;)  

capologist likes this

2 hours ago, robertap said:

I'm pretty sure that I wasn't one of those running you off.  I always respected your opinions.  But dude, we were both dead wrong on Doug Johnson.  ;)  

Yeah, unfortunately, Doug's head wasn't screwed on straight either.  I found out after his time in the NFL, he admitted he was more concerned about the party life and goofing off instead of doing what he needed to do to succeed and that this was part of his problem with Spurrier at Florida also.  

13 hours ago, k-train said:

See if you can find the old threads where I was nearly assassinated on here for saying I had information that Peerless Price had agreed to a FA deal with us. For two days while the contract was drafted I was eviscerated with invective as not a hint of the potential signing showed up anywhere.

Then the news broke that Peerless Price just signed a FA contract with us.! Haha

I also said when we signed him he was called alligator arms in Buffalo and he wasn’t a true #1.