Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight of God

And With The 14th Pick the Atlanta Falcons Select

63 posts in this topic

Just now, osiruz said:

It's too bad, it would give us 2 consistent really good cbs, and make it tough passing the ball on us. We would immediately become a top 10 defense.

I could see Trader Tom and DQ following for him though. He’s a unique talent. I remember reading before the Julio trad in a very similar draft they considered going for Patrick Peterson.

A playmaker like Greedy with his length and speed would be a playmaker in this defense.

Osiruz likes this

3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

All that said I won’t cry if we end up with Wilkins :)

@Knight of God and @Vandy that’s why I’m not big on Ferrell, when you consider he had Wilkins and Lawrence pushing that pocket, I think that I could sack the qb with those guys on the interior!

LOL MS......But could Beasley? :)

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL MS......But could Beasley? :)

Yeah I think that he could. If you beef up the interior I think both Takk and Vic would be successful. Now does it require a first round DT? That’s the question. One thing to consider is how bad our secondary was last year. Is Alford and even tru on their last legs? Is Oliver ready?

i just am not feeling the idea of a first round DT. None of DQs past teams had one. The highest ever was second rounders. He seems to do very well with third rounders and even fifth rounders both at Seattle and here.

Now back to pass rushers. Watch Sweat and watch Ferrell. No contest on who’s the better athlete and bend necessary for the pros. Ferrell reminds me of shaq Lawson 

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I could see Trader Tom and DQ following for him though. He’s a unique talent. I remember reading before the Julio trad in a very similar draft they considered going for Patrick Peterson.

A playmaker like Greedy with his length and speed would be a playmaker in this defense.

Honestly....I cant see us going CB in the 1st after going CB in the 2nd last year. CB would definitely be a need if we were to cut Alford but I think with Oliver, Tru, Poole, Blidi and Bethel we can supplement in FA or late in draft to add a CB prospect.  Greedy is the truth and another in a long line of good LSU CBs. I don't think we take him in 1st unless we sign a starting OL and DT/DE in FA.

MSalmon likes this

1 hour ago, runshoot said:

So he is good at clean up? Agree with the other poster, that wasn't impressive. He came unblocked on 2 plays and most other plays he made the tackle after the DEs forced the pocket closed. 

As stated before, hope there is better highlights.

That’s just a snap shot.

Go have a look at the bowl game he played in jeezzz..

You guys are tripping over a quick glimpse I’ve posted pretending this is all he’s got.

Against LSU he ruined there offensive front and in that bowl game he ruined that team aswell.Theres plenty of footage around of him doing what I first mentioned in my initial post.

PS Mel Kiper has Simmons NFL comparison as very close to Chris Jones of the Chiefs.If this is half pie accurate I’ll take that for 100 thanks Alex.

Francis York Morgan likes this

13 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Honestly....I cant see us going CB in the 1st after going CB in the 2nd last year. CB would definitely be a need if we were to cut Alford but I think with Oliver, Tru, Poole, Blidi and Bethel we can supplement in FA or late in draft to add a CB prospect.  Greedy is the truth and another in a long line of good LSU CBs. I don't think we take him in 1st unless we sign a starting OL and DT/DE in FA.

It’d surprise me a bit, but at the same time he’d be a hard prospect to pass up if within drafting distance. 

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

It’d surprise me a bit, but at the same time he’d be a hard prospect to pass up if within drafting distance. 

I get that.  drafting him would mean missing out on an elite OT or DE/DT.  I don't think we can afford to do that this year.  Last year we were in shape to do that or at least we thought we were.  2018 showed us how much help we need on the lines. I think we HAVE to go OT/DE/DT in 1st.

43 minutes ago, Stryka said:

I get that.  drafting him would mean missing out on an elite OT or DE/DT.  I don't think we can afford to do that this year.  Last year we were in shape to do that or at least we thought we were.  2018 showed us how much help we need on the lines. I think we HAVE to go OT/DE/DT in 1st.

I think we’re going tgevriute you suggest, but I also get the logic of a corner like greedy being not only BPA but a position of need

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I think we’re going tgevriute you suggest, but I also get the logic of a corner like greedy being not only BPA but a position of need

It would be a crazy rush on DT/DEs to make Greedy available at #14.  He seems to be locked into the top 7 or 8.  I am definitely not opposed if we think we get our OL/DL beefed up via another route.  We need somebody with some hands back there.  Alford used to make the play more often than Tru but now neither can make a play on the ball that involves catching it.

5 minutes ago, Stryka said:

It would be a crazy rush on DT/DEs to make Greedy available at #14.  He seems to be locked into the top 7 or 8.  I am definitely not opposed if we think we get our OL/DL beefed up via another route.  We need somebody with some hands back there.  Alford used to make the play more often than Tru but now neither can make a play on the ball that involves catching it.

Exactly. I expect a rush on this meager rb and few top tier OL as well. It’ll be interesting to see what falls out at our spot. 

Back to secondary, I agree we need some hands back there. Tru has never been able to hold on to a ball and Alford has regressed

Stryka likes this

I know these are highlights and I still have not watched any full-length film on this guy but.........thumbs up.  

I'm tempted to say,, DE,, But!! We should take best player available that includes the OL, DL ,, Who ever is best at our pick,, That way , we don't pick a bust....  WE need to make sure we get a great player. This is IMO the way to make sure we don't wiff ... But as I've said many time already,, I'd rather get proven OL in FAcy.. ,