Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight of God

And With The 14th Pick the Atlanta Falcons Select

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ltstorm2 said:

I hope he has better tape.  Wasn't impressed with this.  

Umm is there something wrong here.

Pocket pushing disengagement tackles for a loss ummm ok not impressed hmmm can’t help you sorry.

Jeffrey Simmons should be our 14th pick. 

If he’s not there, grab Cody Ford and Trysten Hill, DT UCF in the 2nd. 

I'll take any of  Q. Williams, J. Williams, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, C. Wilkins, D. Lawrence, J. Simmons at pick 14 and think we done extremely well.  Im not as enamored with Gary from michigan so far as alot of people are it seems when i watch him play compared to all of those guys i listed.   I also wouldn't be mad if we ended up with G. Williams, D. White, or D. Baker although their not as big of needs i think they are elite level talent at their positions and im never against taking a elite level player at a position we can for sure upgrade. C. Ford im iffy on as well and thats not because i don't like him i actually do just not as much as those guys i listed for value.  If we trade down and pick up a extra pick then Gary and Ford come into play for me there and i'll take those and a pick and be happy as well.

I'm in the Simmons camp at the moment. Yes, I'm likely just pretending he'd pass the filter, but he's a great prospect.

2 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Jeffrey Simmons should be our 14th pick. 

If he’s not there, grab Cody Ford and Trysten Hill, DT UCF in the 2nd. 

Never watched this dude before. Holy helI, how is he not talked about more? That first step is obscene. 

Off a quick search, looks like mostly 4th-5th round grades on him. He's gonna be better in the pros, no doubt about it.

EDIT: took one game to make him a draft crush. I see zero way we double dip at DT this draft, but if we did I wouldn't be upset. I want us to get Hill.

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Haven't really dug in yet but at first glance I'm good with Devin White, DeAndre Baker, Christian Wilkins, Jeffrey Simmons, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell, Byron Murphy, Dexter Lawrence, Greg Little, Jonah Williams and Cody Ford. I'll whittle that list down to a three or four player BPA group after free agency, combine and pro days. Several of em will be on the board if we stay at #14. We can get a player there. Hopefully the BPA and not a need reach.

Therein lies the problem.   After last season TD and DQ are in the hot seat.   AB is getting older...he can't wait around much longer.    We had needs at the end of 2017, but now we have even more.

TD can draft for several different positions early in the draft and be seen as filling a need -and- drafting BPA.   That's not necessarily a good thing, having -that- many needs.  But....if TD thinks CB is BPA.... I dunno, man.    Unless the player is the next Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson or Darrelle Revis, I would rather draft for the lines or LB.

TD showed his priorities are still skewed in the last draft.  TD thought having a 3rd string smallish RB like Ito Smith was more important than drafting Maurice Hurst.   That one hurt.  

FFS1970, concerning TD's drafting ineptitude, you and I could go on and on and on...

Edited by egoprime II

12 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I seen both of these coming :lol:

I think this guy shoots up the draft boards. If he somehow manages to fall to the 2nd it would be a huge steal. Saw a couple of mocks that had him going 22nd in the first round to the Ravens. Dude can play both DE and DT. Good first step and great agains the run. 

I hope winning that last  game doesn't come back to hurt us. I hope Lawrence is there. This may be the year to trade back a few picks and pick up an extra 2nd and 4th. I interested in who we pick up in FA. That should result in who and what position we draft.

I am not interested in trading up or back.  The talent pool is so deep for DL that inevitably a great day 1 starting prospect is going to be there at #14.  The issue is we are probably going to have to make a tough decision.  There may be a Jachai Polite sitting there with Cody Ford and possibly Dexter Lawrence.  I believe if the OL has the highest grade, we take him, if not its a DL.  I cant help but thinking about a double dip in the 1st.  These DL are gonna start flying off the board and if we get our OL 1st, we can come back up in the end of the round for a Rahsan Gary or Brian Burns possibly. 

1989Fan and vitaman like this

7 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Never watched this dude before. Holy helI, how is he not talked about more? That first step is obscene. 

Off a quick search, looks like mostly 4th-5th round grades on him. He's gonna be better in the pros, no doubt about it.

EDIT: took one game to make him a draft crush. I see zero way we double dip at DT this draft, but if we did I wouldn't be upset. I want us to get Hill.

I know man I don’t understand it either. He declared early so I think that’s partly why, but he has some special traits. Insane first step and penetrating ability for sure. Reminds me of Christian Wilkins, but holds up better versus the run.

I think we could possibly get him in the 3rd (risky for us to wait that long), but I feel like he’s a top 50 talent in this class for sure. I want us to consider him as well. I think he will be a riser come draft day. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I seen both of these coming :lol:

All that said I won’t cry if we end up with Wilkins :)

@Knight of God and @Vandy that’s why I’m not big on Ferrell, when you consider he had Wilkins and Lawrence pushing that pocket, I think that I could sack the qb with those guys on the interior!

15 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Haven't really dug in yet but at first glance I'm good with Devin White, DeAndre Baker, Christian Wilkins, Jeffrey Simmons, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell, Byron Murphy, Dexter Lawrence, Greg Little, Jonah Williams and Cody Ford. I'll whittle that list down to a three or four player BPA group after free agency, combine and pro days. Several of em will be on the board if we stay at #14. We can get a player there. Hopefully the BPA and not a need reach.

but don't just about any of those guys (and hopefully we'll take one of these) fit BPA AND need???  :)

I am good with any of the following:

Greedy Williams, Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, or Devin White. One of those four should fall to us but I don't mind trading up to get Oliver.

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I am good with any of the following:

Greedy Williams, Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, or Devin White. One of those four should fall to us but I don't mind trading up to get Oliver.

No one has really talked about greedy but I agree if greedy werr somehow available I might take him. I really think he’s a unique talent

I want Cody Ford at 14. It’s time to FINALLY invest in a top quality young OLine prospect who has tons of versatility. He can start day one at either guard spot or potentially right tackle. He could be our guy for the next 10+ years.  

DQ said this offseason will be about adding some nastiness, Ford is far and away the most nasty OL man in the draft. Let’s get him at 14. 

Edited by shock
Geneaut, Stryka and TrueFalcon316 like this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

All that said I won’t cry if we end up with Wilkins :)

@Knight of God and @Vandy that’s why I’m not big on Ferrell, when you consider he had Wilkins and Lawrence pushing that pocket, I think that I could sack the qb with those guys on the interior!

But Ferrell still beasted when Lawrence went on suspension. The kid can play period. He routinely beat whatever tackle he was up against. 

Stryka likes this

Dexter Lawrence.  We need a big power guy that can collapse the inside of the pocket.  We already have Grady on the roster so we need more of a power guy beside him.  Our edge guys will play better if we get more push in the middle.  It also helps us get off the field on 3rd and 1.

Stryka likes this

11 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

But Ferrell still beasted when Lawrence went on suspension. The kid can play period. He routinely beat whatever tackle he was up against. 

We agree to disagree. I see another Clemson DE that got by on overpowering collegiate opposition coupled with their powerful interior DL (they’re deep beyond those two) but is stiff and won’t do much in nFL

Fernando C. likes this

17 minutes ago, shock said:

I want Cody Ford at 14. It’s time to FINALLY invest in a top quality young OLine prospect who has tons of versatility. He can start day one at either guard spot or potentially right tackle. He could be our guy for the next 10+ years.  

DQ said this offseason will be about adding some nastiness, Ford is far and away the most nasty OL man in the draft. Let’s get him at 14. 

Im all aboard the Cody Ford train.  He looks like you can pencil him in as the RT day one.  He could possibly play guard but I think he is a natural right tackle as that has been his job.  However.....I would be hard pressed to pass up on a Christian Wilkins who seems to check all the boxes for the Falcons and DQ.  Fast and Physical Wilkins is 6'4 315 but plays like a smaller quicker DT.  He is also the constant leader for his squad and you don't have to question his desire.  He wants it.  4 productive years and was balling since he was a freshman.  High motor and high character.  Plus he and Grady on 3rd down mean trouble for QBs inside.

46 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

No one has really talked about greedy but I agree if greedy werr somehow available I might take him. I really think he’s a unique talent

It's too bad, it would give us 2 consistent really good cbs, and make it tough passing the ball on us. We would immediately become a top 10 defense.

13 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Umm is there something wrong here.

Pocket pushing disengagement tackles for a loss ummm ok not impressed hmmm can’t help you sorry.

So he is good at clean up? Agree with the other poster, that wasn't impressive. He came unblocked on 2 plays and most other plays he made the tackle after the DEs forced the pocket closed. 

As stated before, hope there is better highlights.