Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monolith2001

Khalen Saunders 320-lb DT...does backflips.

48 posts in this topic

While poking around for late round/UDFA QBs,  I was watching Easton Stick and this DT popped out at me giving NDSU a lot to handle.   It appears the young man is making headlines today by demonstrating that he can do backflips at 320 lbs.  I imagine he will be on radars now.  Not sure I would risk much given the level of competition but young man just raised his stock with this trick.  Sorry if the twitter link doesn't format.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1085570546744676352

Highlight Reel

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Don't care for backflips, I remember several yt videos of margus hunt doing amazing crap, and a dt jumping out of the pool. The question is can he play and what does his tape look like?

It does show that he has explosive traits tho.... Obviously It has no practical football applications. 

Vandy likes this

Dang dude is super athletic at that size. He's catching passes like Warrern Sapp. I like using late round picks on athletic projects.We aren't going to hit on a 7th rnd QB that's worth putting in a game.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
rugger8 and Faithful Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Don't care for backflips, I remember several yt videos of margus hunt doing amazing crap, and a dt jumping out of the pool. The question is can he play and what does his tape look like?

Hard to say...as I said, we're talking FCS linemen he was going against.  And I agree it's a parlor trick but you have to be pretty athletic to do a backflip at all and doing it at 320 lbs is downright impressive enough to make a thread. :D

papachaz and Cole World like this

Athleticism is so overhyped. Dion Jordan was popping backflips too. Look at how successful his career has been. The only plus that’s comes from athleticism in most cases, especially with big guys, is that it shows they can move. Other than that it doesn’t mean **** when it comes to playing football

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

The funny thing is he found his niche inside after he ended up with the colts and gained 20 lbs

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

While poking around for late round/UDFA QBs,  I was watching Easton Stick and this DT popped out at me giving NDSU a lot to handle.   It appears the young man is making headlines today by demonstrating that he can do backflips at 320 lbs.  I imagine he will be on radars now.  Not sure I would risk much given the level of competition but young man just raised his stock with this trick.  Sorry if the twitter link doesn't format.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1085570546744676352

Highlight Reel

Wrong sport, that's gymnastics.

Dude’s definitely got explosion. The standing backflip was most impressive for a big man. We shall see over the next few months as to if he’s legit. 

I vaguely remember an UDFA DT being hyped up on the board 10+ years ago because he weighed over 300-pounds and did back flips.  I just remember him because they called him “The Flipping Hippo”.  Cool name.  People were freaking out because the Saints picked him up, but then he never made it out of camp.  

Doesn’t necessarily apply here, just reminded me of that anecdote.

Let’s be honest. Those saying he’s legit and watch him,  there is no freaking way in **** you even knew who he was before today. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Let’s be honest. Those saying he’s legit and watch him,  there is no freaking way in **** you even knew who he was before today. 

Bruh, guys in the Draft forum have been mentioning him for a second. Can't speak for everyone but I know some of us look up everyone on the EW Shrine Game and Senior Bowl rosters.

I looked him up after Dane Brugler mentioned him in November as a small school guy to watch. Doesn't matter much when you found out about him, but not everyone here is faking

kiwifalcon, citsalp and Cole World like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm not saying he's legit but as I said in my OP, I noticed him when looking at NDSU QB film.  I don't usually notice linemen unless I'm looking for them.  Only reason I looked him up further was due to the backflip video.  I'm inclined to believe that those who are saying to keep an eye out know more about the kid than those who are dismissing him.

Here is the video I noticed him in when watching Easton Stick.  This is the whole game but I think you won't have too much trouble seeing why he jumped out on that first series that I time indexed to below.  NDSU won the national championship (when do they not) and can definitely hang with FBS schools. 

Edited by Monolith2001

6 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

I vaguely remember an UDFA DT being hyped up on the board 10+ years ago because he weighed over 300-pounds and did back flips.  I just remember him because they called him “The Flipping Hippo”.  Cool name.  People were freaking out because the Saints picked him up, but then he never made it out of camp.  

Doesn’t necessarily apply here, just reminded me of that anecdote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sports/football/25nfl.html

7 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Bruh, guys in the Draft forum have been mentioning him for a second. Can't speak for everyone but I know some of us look up everyone on the EW Shrine Game and Senior Bowl rosters.

I looked him up after Dane Brugler mentioned him in November as a small school guy to watch. Doesn't matter much when you found out about him, but not everyone here is faking

Sorry but there’s a lot of fraudulent activity around these parts on a daily basis. Part of the reason I don’t visit the draft forum or do mocks is because I don’t want to pretend. For whatever reason it feels like peeps see who’s rated high, look him up on YouTube then pretend they’ve watched his entire career. I don’t want to be that guy. But I do know there are some guys who watch more college than NFL. 

45 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sorry but there’s a lot of fraudulent activity around these parts on a daily basis. Part of the reason I don’t visit the draft forum or do mocks is because I don’t want to pretend. For whatever reason it feels like peeps see who’s rated high, look him up on YouTube then pretend they’ve watched his entire career. I don’t want to be that guy. But I do know there are some guys who watch more college than NFL. 

Def won't act like that, tbh I pretty much won't know who a guy is unless he's coming out this year, and even then I won't have known till September, if even then :lol:

I don't even keep up with college ball for anything but the draft

ya_boi_j likes this

29 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Def won't act like that, tbh I pretty much won't know who a guy is unless he's coming out this year, and even then I won't have known till September, if even then :lol:

I don't even keep up with college ball for anything but the draft

Same here. I watch my Canes when I can but that’s where it stops. Only reason I watched the playoffs was to root for Clemson since they represented the ACC. 

frfr it’s nice seeing these articles because they make you feel obligated to search the player. I don’t care about the backflips but when you’re called the Aaron Donald of small schools you gotta look him up. 

And before the few idiots who take my posts to heart swoop in, I was only half serious with that post

42 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sorry but there’s a lot of fraudulent activity around these parts on a daily basis. Part of the reason I don’t visit the draft forum or do mocks is because I don’t want to pretend...

I'm sure you're dead on about posters projecting more knowledge than they may have (we are all probably guilty of it on a number of subjects).  I don't usually concern myself with other people's representations if I can verify myself.  If I care enough, I'll run off and look at some stuff and give my 2c when I am more informed.  I think that is a more constructive way to improve the quality of discussion. 

In this thread there were a number of drive-by's from comparing him to an unrelated players or dismissing a very clear demonstration of power generation, quickness and body control as if those traits don't matter at all.  Sometimes you can end up being another "that guy" while trying not to be "that guy".  I know, I've gone back and read some of my own stuff :lol:.

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

I'm sure you're dead on about posters projecting more knowledge than they may have (we are all probably guilty of it on a number of subjects).  I don't usually concern myself with other people's representations if I can verify myself.  If I care enough, I'll run off and look at some stuff and give my 2c when I am more informed.  I think that is a more constructive way to improve the quality of discussion. 

In this thread there were a number of drive-by's from comparing him to an unrelated players or dismissing a very clear demonstration of power generation, quickness and body control as if those traits don't matter at all.  Sometimes you can end up being another "that guy" while trying not to be "that guy".  I know, I've gone back and read some of my own stuff :lol:.

Don't get it twisted, it's not a concern about what other people think, it was more of a half/half joke of a question. But at the same time peeps are fake so let's keep it 100 lol. I'm as dumb as a box of rocks about a lot of things.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I've seen that to many times to count....

One of my favorites is...when a guy is getting some shine in the media

" I been telling people about him... he's been in my mocks all year"

:rolleyes:

ya_boi_j likes this