HolyMoses

My Son Has a School Trip to New Orleans This Weekend, I Just Spent $40 to Make It Bearable:

56 posts in this topic

I was in New Orleans last weekend and there were literally more Eagles jerseys and clothing out on the streets in the French Quarter than there were Saints. It was really, really weird. One dude even had an Eagles Sproles jersey.. friend I was with pointed it out and said "man, that's just COLD." To the locals credit, nobody seemed to be giving any of the Eagles people any grief whatsoever.

HolyMoses and Osiruz like this

2 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You know, I’ve actually heard that New Orleans isn’t a bad place and that the fans aren’t terrible in the super dome, but I’ll still never take a step into that city unless the Falcons are playing there. 

New Orleans is an amazing city and the majority of its fans are good people.  Their fanatic minority give the average Saints  fan a bad name.  Same goes for the other 31 fanbases   

Edited by Falconsin2012

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You know, I’ve actually heard that New Orleans isn’t a bad place and that the fans aren’t terrible in the super dome, but I’ll still never take a step into that city unless the Falcons are playing there. 

Y'all might hate me for this but I've been to NO several times and I will give them credit. That city doesn't care about anything but the Saints. They don't talk about the Pelicans or anything. It's really a strong community down there. Atlanta has so many people from so many places (plus it's such a bigger city) that it's hard for us to really rally around the Falcons like they do with the Saints. Talking with the people down there, it seemed like everyone I talked to was born and raised there in southern Louisiana where as when I talk to people here in our city, they are from everywhere but here. I've actually had mostly good conversations with fans down there even while wearing my Falcons gear. It's a dirty, smelly, old city but the food, culture, history, and alcohol are good and it's something everyone should experience at least once.

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

New Orleans is an amazing city and the majority of its fans are good people.  Their fanatic minority give the fans a bad name.  

Yeah, I’ve actually got some good rapport with some saints fans. Every fan base has bad eggs. Eagles are basically all bad eggs with some exceptions tho. 

1 minute ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Y'all might hate me for this but I've been to NO several times and I will give them credit. That city doesn't care about anything but the Saints. They don't talk about the Pelicans or anything. It's really a strong community down there. Atlanta has so many people from so many places (plus it's such a bigger city) that it's hard for us to really rally around the Falcons like they do with the Saints. Talking with the people down there, it seemed like everyone I talked to was born and raised there in southern Louisiana where as when I talk to people here in our city, they are from everywhere but here. I've actually had mostly good conversations with fans down there even while wearing my Falcons gear. It's a dirty, smelly, old city but the food, culture, history, and alcohol are good and it's something everyone should experience at least once.

To be fair, the pelicans haven’t done anything in their entirety of existence. And that’s nice to know, I’ll probably try going to a Falcons-saints game there once, although that’ll be difficult since I live in WI lol. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

To be fair, the pelicans haven’t done anything in their entirety of existence. And that’s nice to know, I’ll probably try going to a Falcons-saints game there once, although that’ll be difficult since I live in WI lol. 

Neither had the Saints until 2009

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

The Jazz did well once they left New Orleans. It's just not a basketball town.

11 minutes ago, Porkins said:

I was in New Orleans last weekend and there were literally more Eagles jerseys and clothing out on the streets in the French Quarter than there were Saints. It was really, really weird. One dude even had an Eagles Sproles jersey.. friend I was with pointed it out and said "man, that's just COLD." To the locals credit, nobody seemed to be giving any of the Eagles people any grief whatsoever.

That's because the locals aren't who are in the French Quarter, it's 80% tourists, 15% locals who work in the Quarter and 5% locals hanging out in the area.

Game day can change that a bit, but it's still heavily slanted toward tourists.

rugger8, Porkins, HolyMoses and 2 others like this

I've gone to Mardi Gras a few times sporting my Falcons gear and had a great time cutting up with Saints fans.....but, of course that was way before they won their SB. Conversations were so much different back then.

2 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

That's because the locals aren't who are in the French Quarter, it's 80% tourists, 15% locals who work in the Quarter and 5% locals hanging out in the area.

Game day can change that a bit, but it's still heavily slanted toward tourists.

Our Uber drivers all had some words for us, but they too were pretty good natured. Of course, their ratings and tips are dependent upon customers not being pissed off at them.

I would like to visit NO, had a friend from NO who is a die hard saints and lsu fan with a deep hatred for the falcons and cowboys and unexplainable affection for Reggie Bush. Seems like an ok city to visit and eat good food but I heard its very dirty.

7 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I would like to visit NO, had a friend from NO who is a die hard saints and lsu fan with a deep hatred for the falcons and cowboys and unexplainable affection for Reggie Bush. Seems like an ok city to visit and eat good food but I heard its very dirty.

It's only dirty in the French Quarter for the most part, and that's because tourists love to lodge, drink and cut up, and the trash follows. Every night sweeper machines roll thru the streets of the Quarter and vacuum and power wash the streets and sidewalks, then it's rinse and repeat...

If you get on the outskirts of downtown in the University and Garden District, or in the the surrounding suburbs, its clean.

55 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I lived in N 0 for 6 years and enjoyed my time there.  Still hated the Saints football team and my wife worked with the team doctor.  

HolyMoses likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

New Orleans is an amazing city and the majority of its fans are good people.  Their fanatic minority give the fans a bad name.  Same goes for the other 31 fanbases   

Imagine if fans of other teams judged our fanbase off of Gazoo!