TRUju2111

Cam Newtons season and career in jeopardy

88 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, k-train said:

I don't dislike his personality, I just think he's kinda fake, corny, and tries waaaaay too hard to be unique.

Agree 100% on the second part. Just like Vick was... Cam's been an amazing football player at times, but he's never been a good QB.

It's not that Cam has a "flawed" personality. He seems like a very fun person. It's just not the personality that I prefer my franchise QB to have. Cam is polarizing, controversial, and immature. I want my franchise QB to be a professional and essentially "boring." 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

It's not that Cam has a "flawed" personality. He seems like a very fun person. It's just not the personality that I prefer my franchise QB to have. Cam is polarizing, controversial, and immature. I want my franchise QB to be a professional and essentially "boring." 

Yeah, I expect a QB to be a leader... and not just when it's convenient for them.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

No he’s not - because he represents “a cause” this is a narrative 

You can think whatever you want about him.

End of the day garbage QBs like Sanchez and J. Johnson are starting for teams.

Johnson has 8 TDs and 14 INTs in his career. He did not play in the NFL after he left the Bengals in 2013 before returning in 2018 for the Redskins. He has always been AWFUL.

Kaep last played in 2016 with a 2:1 TD to INT ratio in his career. His last season where the 49ers were god awful he had 16 TDs to only 4 INTs. 

I can argue this all day long. As long as pathetic QBs like the ones I listed are starting in NFL Games, a guy who has Kaeps ability AND has led his team to a Superbowl is MORE than enough to start for a team in todays NFL.

You don't have to think Kaep is a good QB, But he is FARRRR better than some of the crap being played right now.

slickgadawg and RING OF HONOR like this

15 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The same way Quinn played Mack in the superbowl with a broken leg 

I don't think you blame the coach... team doctors, Cam, Cam's doctors, GM, the owner had input in it as well. Why blame the coach???  We don't know what the doctors told Cam and Co.....????s rest after the season....surgery after the season????? Obviously, Cam must have agreed to keep playing.  

⚡Slumerican⚡ and 1989Fan like this

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

or you could say Cam's fun as long as they win - but instantly becomes a HAs when they lose....guarantee you his act grows old with teammates

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Kaepernick was awful.  He had basically one good year in the NFL and people are still talking about him 6 years later.

Kap had the one good year surrounded by great players at the time. The NFL figured out how to defend Kap and once they did he was DONE!!! Just look at his career stats -- 28-30 as a starter and 1-10 in the last 11 games he started. I would never want him as back up much less as a starter. This has nothing to do with kneeling...dude was flat out awful

g-dawg and OilFuturesTrader19 like this

Hoping the panthers will cut Poe to clear up cap space to sign a qb. Would be nice to have Poe back on the cheap.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Johnson has 8 TDs and 14 INTs in his career. He did not play in the NFL after he left the Bengals in 2013 before returning in 2018 for the Redskins. He has always been AWFUL.

Kaep last played in 2016 with a 2:1 TD to INT ratio in his career. His last season where the 49ers were god awful he had 16 TDs to only 4 INTs. 

I can argue this all day long. As long as pathetic QBs like the ones I listed are starting in NFL Games, a guy who has Kaeps ability AND has led his team to a Superbowl is MORE than enough to start for a team in todays NFL.

You don't have to think Kaep is a good QB, But he is FARRRR better than some of the crap being played right now.

You're bringing up Johnson and Sanchez like they were starters all year long. It took multiple injuries for them to see the field..... 

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Kap is better than half the quarterbacks in the league...

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Half the starting quarterbacks in the NFL are garbage...

Edited by slickgadawg

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

If that we’re true he would have a job. It’s all about selling tickets and winning. Eric reid got a job, so it isn’t all about the kneeling.

QBs better than Kaep: Ryan, Brees, Newton, Winston, Wentz, Foles, Prescott, Smith, Stafford, Trubisky, Rodgers, Cousins, Wilson, Gorropolo (sp?), Brady, Darnold, Roethisberger, Mayfield, Flacco, Mahomes, Carr, Rivers, Luck, Watson, Mariota, Dalton, Goff

that leaves an argument that Kaep is currently as good or better than: Manning, Bortles, L. Jackson, J. Allen, Rosen, Keenum...not sure which, if any, of those he is ‘for sure’ better than.

8 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If that we’re true he would have a job. It’s all about selling tickets and winning. Eric reid got a job, so it isn’t all about the kneeling.

QBs better than Kaep: Ryan, Brees, Newton, Winston, Wentz, Foles, Prescott, Smith, Stafford, Trubisky, Rodgers, Cousins, Wilson, Gorropolo (sp?), Brady, Darnold, Roethisberger, Mayfield, Flacco, Mahomes, Carr, Rivers, Luck, Watson, Mariota, Dalton, Goff

that leaves an argument that Kaep is currently as good or better than: Manning, Bortles, L. Jackson, J. Allen, Rosen, Keenum...not sure which, if any, of those he is ‘for sure’ better than.

I will help.  Kaep isn’t better than any of them.

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

If you count 2nd and 3rd stringers....maybe. Not sure if he is as good as any starting QB in the NFL TBH.

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

NFL GM's and owners don't want to go through that situation again regardless of which side you believe was right. If I were them I wouldn't either.

OilFuturesTrader19 and g-dawg like this

4 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

LOL when is the last time you saw Kap play? I’m sure all this time away from the game means he probably is an even crappier QB

Kap ain’t coming back. All he can hope for is that more companies like Nike use his face and “cause” to sell more of their products made by child labor in foreign countries 

Edited by 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

23 hours ago, quotemokc said:

If he sits out the year it gives Rivera another mulligan surely

<Dan Reeves chuckles>

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I know you're a guy that looks a lot into what history says. But the reality is that everything you just said is pretty irrelevant. Use your eyes man. The Panthers look like a very old team with not much potential. Cam looks terrible, he hasn't been the same since his MVP year. Everyone else is old and passed their prime outside of Christian McCaffery. The Panthers just fail the eye test for me. They need to rebuild at this point. 

Look man, we have said the same thing about so many other franchises over the years when it looked like they were worse than the Panthers right now and they turned around to an immediate division crown or a Super Bowl appearance/victory. It's happened to the Falcons, Saints, Rams, and Eagles like I already said. Nothing else needs to be said. There's too much parody in the NFL where underdogs can rise to first while the heavy favorites or preseason hyped teams can fall to worst. Just look at the Panthers losses with Cam Newton last season.

2 September 16  at Atlanta Falcons                24–31  1–1  Mercedes-Benz Stadium   Recap
6 October 14 at Washington Redskins             L 17–23   3–2 FedEx Field Recap
10 November 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers  L 21–52  6–3 Heinz Field Recap
11 November 18 at Detroit Lions   L 19–20   6–4 Ford Field Recap
12 November 25 Seattle Seahawks  L 27–30  6–5  Bank of America Stadium Recap
13 December 2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers  L 17–24  6–6 Raymond James Stadium Recap
14 December 9 at Cleveland Browns  L 20–26  6–7 First Energy Stadium Recap
15 December 17 New Orleans Saints  L 9–12  6–8 Bank of America Stadium Recap

The Steelers in Pittsburgh was their only blowout loss, the rest of their games were decided by 6 points or less or even a field goal or less. The Falcons also went 7-9 but while we had close losses too, we had MORE blowout losses than them. The Panthers could have easily been in the playoffs last season if those plays went their way despite a very hurt Cam Newton and other hurt players on their team such as their O-line or Greg Olsen being out for parts of the year. In 2017 the Panthers led the league in games decided by a possession or less but went 11-5 (better than our 10-6 Falcons) and they were the only team in our division to beat the Patriots (in New England) and the Vikings. They're still talented enough to make a turnaround. Our success over the Panthers since week 16 in 2015 is deceiving us, but in reality the Panthers have still been just as good as us or better against our common opponents when it matters most.