TRUju2111

Cam Newtons season and career in jeopardy

88 posts in this topic

I am hoping they take Kap because after multiple years off I think he will be bad. He wasn’t great to begin with, and being away from the game generally doesn’t help a QB. Aside from that, he should get a shot again.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

11 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I am hoping they take Kap because after multiple years off I think he will be bad. He wasn’t great to begin with, and being away from the game generally doesn’t help a QB. Aside from that, he should get a shot again.

Kaepernick was awful.  He had basically one good year in the NFL and people are still talking about him 6 years later.

3 hours ago, E. T. said:

Wow, that would be a huge loss for them. 

Just throwing this out there...…...could they possibly give Kap a call???

Nope!!! Foles maybe

9 hours ago, Jpowers said:

If a quarterback has to sit out an entire year based off an injury to the shoulder.... It's potentially career threatening. 

Imagine if Ice had to possibly sit out an entire year. My God at this board..... 

It will turn out like Andrew Luck. He will be fine on 1 year rest. They will sign Kaepernick for a year

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I personally think Carolina will be the worst team in the nfc south next season, cam or no cam. 

It's the NFL. Can't ever do that. I remember how it was for the Falcons going into 2016 after missing the playoffs 3 years straight from 2013-2015, or how it was for the Saints coming into 2017 after missing the playoffs 3 years straight from 2014-2016. Same goes for the Eagles going into 2017 after missing from 2014-2016. You just never know. 

PokerSteve likes this

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I personally think Carolina will be the worst team in the nfc south next season, cam or no cam. 

Another thing, the Panthers have never had back to back winning seasons, which continued in 2018, so that gives them a better chance in 2019. With Cam Newton, it's an odd year pattern for them, 2013, 2015, and 2017 they had good seasons, but 2014, 2016, and 2018 they had losing records. They were lucky to make the playoffs in 2014 with a 7-8-1 record because the division was so bad that year. Since 2013 the only year the Falcons had an outright better record than the Panthers was in 2016, doesn't matter how many times we've beaten the Panthers, but they've still won certain games we just can't win for some reason. Like beating AFC opponents, or the fact that in 2017 they upset the 13-3 Patriots in New England or the 13-3 Vikings at home last season. The Panthers beat 3 playoff teams this season, the Cowboys, Ravens and Eagles. The Falcons did not beat a single playoff team this season. See what I'm trying to explain. The Panthers also lost more close games in 2018 than us. If the Panthers are healthy again they're still a threat whether people believe it or not. 

Edited by mqg96

11 hours ago, Jpowers said:

If a quarterback has to sit out an entire year based off an injury to the shoulder.... It's potentially career threatening. 

Imagine if Ice had to possibly sit out an entire year. My God at this board..... 

Tell that to Mr. Brees.

9 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

Tell that to Mr. Brees.

Brees never missed a year. Injured at the end of his last season w Chargers (2005) and played the next year for Saints (2006). That said his shoulder recovery was amazing. If only the Dolphins weren’t so dumb and turned him down, only to trade a 2nd for Culpepper with a bum knee.

1 hour ago, wartownfalcon said:

Nope!!! Foles maybe

I could see them going for Foles or Teddy. They would have to give a good bit for Foles though, at least a 2nd.

not sure how they feel about their existing backups. It would be interesting to see what happens with guys like Fitzmagic, Tyrod Taylor, McCown, etc. as one year rental options.

11 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Just please don't let Carolina go get Lawrence some how when he is eligible. Please lol

Oh don't worry, someone in our division will end up with him.  Bank on it.

Wow!  Get well soon Cam.   He may be immature - but he's a great athlete and talent - and I wish him well.

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

Oh don't worry, someone in our division will end up with him.  Bank on it.

If he ends up in TB history says he will flop. :D

29 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Wow!  Get well soon Cam.   He may be immature - but he's a great athlete and talent - and I wish him well.

*whispers*

He's also done a lot for his community and I think we are all too hard on him

Tandy likes this

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Kaepernick was awful.  He had basically one good year in the NFL and people are still talking about him 6 years later.

My god i tell people this all the time

g-dawg likes this

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

As long as QBs like Josh Johnson and Mark Sanchez can get jobs and start in games...Kapernick is good enough to play QB.

slickgadawg likes this

Might be a blessing in disguise. Cam had never lived up to the winner and #1 pick the Panthers believed him to be.

He's decent, but he is not accurate, relies too much on his legs, and doesn't have the temperament to lead the team when they've losing and things are not going his way during a game causing him to pout on the sidelines.

JMHO

3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

It's the NFL. Can't ever do that. I remember how it was for the Falcons going into 2016 after missing the playoffs 3 years straight from 2013-2015, or how it was for the Saints coming into 2017 after missing the playoffs 3 years straight from 2014-2016. Same goes for the Eagles going into 2017 after missing from 2014-2016. You just never know. 

3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Another thing, the Panthers have never had back to back winning seasons, which continued in 2018, so that gives them a better chance in 2019. With Cam Newton, it's an odd year pattern for them, 2013, 2015, and 2017 they had good seasons, but 2014, 2016, and 2018 they had losing records. They were lucky to make the playoffs in 2014 with a 7-8-1 record because the division was so bad that year. Since 2013 the only year the Falcons had an outright better record than the Panthers was in 2016, doesn't matter how many times we've beaten the Panthers, but they've still won certain games we just can't win for some reason. Like beating AFC opponents, or the fact that in 2017 they upset the 13-3 Patriots in New England or the 13-3 Vikings at home last season. The Panthers beat 3 playoff teams this season, the Cowboys, Ravens and Eagles. The Falcons did not beat a single playoff team this season. See what I'm trying to explain. The Panthers also lost more close games in 2018 than us. If the Panthers are healthy again they're still a threat whether people believe it or not. 

I know you're a guy that looks a lot into what history says. But the reality is that everything you just said is pretty irrelevant. Use your eyes man. The Panthers look like a very old team with not much potential. Cam looks terrible, he hasn't been the same since his MVP year. Everyone else is old and passed their prime outside of Christian McCaffery. The Panthers just fail the eye test for me. They need to rebuild at this point. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

*whispers*

He's also done a lot for his community and I think we are all too hard on him

Don't think Cam is a bad guy. I do think he's a bad QB though

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

As long as QBs like Josh Johnson and Mark Sanchez can get jobs and start in games...Kapernick is good enough to play QB.

No he’s not - because he represents “a cause” this is a narrative 

55 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Might be a blessing in disguise. Cam had never lived up to the winner and #1 pick the Panthers believed him to be.

He's decent, but he is not accurate, relies too much on his legs, and doesn't have the temperament to lead the team when they've losing and things are not going his way during a game causing him to pout on the sidelines.

JMHO

Yep.

Carolina Panthers QB winning percentage:
Jake Delhomme - 59%
Cam Newton - 54%

WhenFalconsWin likes this

47 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Don't think Cam is a bad guy. I do think he's a bad QB though

I don't dislike his personality, I just think he's kinda fake, corny, and tries waaaaay too hard to be unique.

Agree 100% on the second part. Just like Vick was... Cam's been an amazing football player at times, but he's never been a good QB.

JD dirtybird21 likes this