TRUju2111

Cam Newtons season and career in jeopardy

88 posts in this topic

Sounds like Car is prepared for the worst, which were the words from Car top brass. This would put them in the gutter of our division for a while unless they hit on a guy this year?

Edited by TRUju2111

5 minutes ago, papachaz said:

career? the article I read on NFL.com says they're even expecting him to have surgery, seriously considering just resting it.

@AtlantaFanatic  Cam's having problems with his throwing shoulder

Thanks. I knew about his hurt shoulder but I didn't realize it was career threatening. 

papachaz likes this

10 minutes ago, papachaz said:

career? the article I read on NFL.com says they're even expecting him to have surgery, seriously considering just resting it.

@AtlantaFanatic  Cam's having problems with his throwing shoulder

If a quarterback has to sit out an entire year based off an injury to the shoulder.... It's potentially career threatening. 

Imagine if Ice had to possibly sit out an entire year. My God at this board..... 

ya_boi_j, TRUju2111, Stryka and 3 others like this

This seems blown out of proportion to me. They asked Tepper to compare his injury to Luck and he said "if you told me sitting him out a year and he would come back healthy and all that, then why wouldn't you do that?" but at no point did he say that was a likely scenario. He presented a hypothetical situation as his answer. 

44 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

If a quarterback has to sit out an entire year based off an injury to the shoulder.... It's potentially career threatening. 

Imagine if Ice had to possibly sit out an entire year. My God at this board..... 

Swift would be back in a heartbeat

falconsd56, JDaveG, citsalp and 1 other like this

Cam Newton going into 2019 is like how it was for Matt Ryan going into 2016. Very dangerous Panthers team in 2019 y'all, and the even year curse for them or not having back to back winning seasons has already passed for 2018, so anything can happen with the 2019 Panthers. 

7 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Cam Newton going into 2019 is like how it was for Matt Ryan going into 2016. Very dangerous Panthers team in 2019 y'all, and the even year curse for them or not having back to back winning seasons has already passed for 2018, so anything can happen with the 2019 Panthers. 

I personally think Carolina will be the worst team in the nfc south next season, cam or no cam. 

Pacific_Falcon and Plunket76 like this

2 hours ago, HEIST said:

Yup. How they let Ron keep his job after playing him injured all year is a mystery to me.

The same way Quinn played Mack in the superbowl with a broken leg 

4 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Luck says, hold my beer

andrew-luck-ruled-out-week-15.gif?w=620

mtldirtybird likes this

Wow, that would be a huge loss for them. 

Just throwing this out there...…...could they possibly give Kap a call???

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

Wow, that would be a huge loss for them. 

Just throwing this out there...…...could they possibly give Kap a call???

I sure hope they do!

They already took a chance at Reid...Why not bring in Kaep if Cam can't go all year?

Rivera knows his HC job is on the line. They will have to take a chance on something. I don't see them going QB in round 1 of such a weak class and the FA QBs in general are awful.