GATXBOI

Falcons coach Dan Quinn releases statement on Takk McKinley

69 posts in this topic

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons defensive end Takkarist McKinley is with a family member in Oakland, California, after undergoing a mental evaluation prompted by a friend's call to Los Angeles police.

Falcons spokesman Brian Cearns told The Associated Press McKinley "is in a good spot" and has been in "constant communication" with the team, including coach Dan Quinn. Cearns said McKinley is staying with an uncle.

TMZ Sports reported Tuesday night that a friend became concerned for McKinley's well-being and summoned police. No criminal charges were filed. TMZ Sports says McKinley was cooperative when detained by officers.

It is not known what prompted McKinley's friend to call police. Cearns says the situation has been resolved.

McKinley, who played collegiately at UCLA, was a first-round pick by the Falcons in 2017. He led the Falcons with seven sacks in 2018.

Takk's always been a bit crazy, so I'm not sure I've heard anything that makes me "concerned."  He just needs to channel his craziness into more sacks and tackles for loss.  I'm still high on Takk!

2 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

He obviously had a mental breakdown...what am I missing here?

I wished him God speed recovery.....take that hatred elsewhere dude! This board has enough of it.

You also said he doesn't have 'mental capacity' 

I'd be willing to bet he has more than you..... 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, Draftnut57 said:

Brian Hill is still on the team,, and when they put him in that one game he carried the ball about 6 times for around 90 yards.. Fans here don't bring that up because they made fun of me wanting to get him in the draft,, BTW,, he was the only player I got right in my Draft game.. :tiphat:

Brian Hill looked good enough to keep around!

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You also said he doesn't have 'mental capacity' 

I'd be willing to bet he has more than you..... 

You dont know me and I choose not to know your I.Q level.

Obviously, if someone had a mental breakdown ....his capacity of making decisions is questionable thats a tacit understanding. 

But, you can go ahead and be an ahole to little kids in your block.....dont bring your hatred on this board.

Have a blessed life ahead!

48 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

You dont know me and I choose not to know your I.Q level.

Obviously, if someone had a mental breakdown ....his capacity of making decisions is questionable thats a tacit understanding. 

But, you can go ahead and be an ahole to little kids in your block.....dont bring your hatred on this board.

Have a blessed life ahead!

You don't know takk. I'm just as qualified to diagnose you as you are to diagnose him

DD: Objective Elite likes this

Two things can be true at the same time. People can be concerned for Takk's mental health and concerned for the team's future at the same time. Just because you care about one doesn't mean you don't care about the other.

People like to make every issue into some binary choice and that is just not the case.

13 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Two things can be true at the same time. People can be concerned for Takk's mental health and concerned for the team's future at the same time. Just because you care about one doesn't mean you don't care about the other.

People like to make every issue into some binary choice and that is just not the case.

It’s a delicate point you make, but I agree.  If it was Matt Ryan In the same situation, people would be vocal about concern for the man and the team

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You don't know takk. I'm just as qualified to diagnose you as you are to diagnose him

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I wish him nothing but health and prosperity. His friend did the right thing in calling authorities, because if he didn't the story might have been worse. I loved his draft day speech as I still have it recorded and since that day I know we got a stud. I'm happy that he is with family and when he comes back to the team his spot will still be here and warm. Takk if you somehow are reading this we are all here for you man and whatever you need we got your back. We in this brotherhood together!

On 1/16/2019 at 0:43 PM, HolyMoses said:

First and foremost:  Prayers for Takk to have the strength to use all of the professional and spiritual help available to emerge from this.

And as a Falcon Fan, please let me point out that having  an opposing QB at the line of scrimmage contemplating the the mental status of the 6'4" 230 pound beast who will be barreling down his blind ain't the worst thing for a defense.

:ninja:

Even in this thread, no love for the avatar?

On 1/16/2019 at 10:02 AM, mattyicefalcon said:

He doesn't have mental capacity to understand this...thats why hes in this situation.

God speed! 

Breh.. What? Are you a doctor or physician? Yall talkin about this man like he defected or something. Yall don't even know what happened beyond just the headline. 

On 1/16/2019 at 7:02 AM, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Thought he scored off the charts on some Toughness and Competitive scale...

Always thought Takk was a one trick poney with no bend and a loose cannon after seeing him at draft. Hope things work out for him, but as a team, Better start contingency planning...and that doesn’t mean Beasley, Reed, Shelby, or Irvan as starters

Thats TWO first round mediocre pass rushers selected by DQ...

Lets not make him the great talent evaluator some may believe....

Toughness and mental health have absolutely no correlation.

HolyMoses likes this

3 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Toughness and mental health have absolutely no correlation.

Difference of opinion. Many armed forces units entire trading curriculums are built on mental health, mental toughness, which transitions to physical toughness.

Its okay to have a different opinion.