GATXBOI

Falcons coach Dan Quinn releases statement on Takk McKinley

69 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, thofin21 said:

Draft a DE at 14 

Hope Takk gets the help he needs and everything works out. But the team needs to also be thinking worst case scenario as well and have a plan.

thofin21 likes this

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

He doesn't have mental capacity to understand this...thats why hes in this situation.

God speed! 

He has more mental capacity than many NFL players who would already be in legal trouble now. The fact that he and his friends were smart enough to get help says a lot. It’s good that it was done in proper way, not after he got in big trouble. I am not worried about Takk. 

Flying Falcon and GreggT like this

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lmao. You sound like R the great when James stone had one good game. 

I'm not talking about James Stone,, I'm talking about Brian Hill who only got one oppertunity to run the ball in one game,, and He plowed the field,, go watch it ,, He in that one game was more impressive than any one player on our team all year!! Don't believe that? Go watch it again... He plowed the field as he ran over and through the opposing D# .. 

Better be careful what you say here.. I have a feeling he's going to get more playing time,, You may have to eat a lot more crow than you think...:rolleyes:

The Daywalker likes this

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

When we drafted him,, and he came up,, I thought to myself... this guy don't look big enough to play WR,, much less DE...He was skin and bones...I have to be honest and say ,, I was very disappointed that we drafted him.  I was scratching my head thinking ,, how could we get such a small DE.?? He didn't look big enough to play CB,, Those where the words I told my son... Now,, I don't really care about all that now.. I'm concerned for him.. But I could see that he had a problem when he walked in at the draft.  Wishing Tak all the best for him and what he should do to get better...  Prayers up for Tack ...

Uhmmmmm what? Lmfao

I'm glad to see that fans here are thinking of Takk.  Mental health is a scary issue.  Most people like myself think about getting help but are too prideful to admit that there is a problem, soooo I can't imagine what he could be going through.  Yes, others are thinking about draft priorities, but that can WAIT!!!!

Go Dirty Birdz

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm not talking about James Stone,, I'm talking about Brian Hill who only got one oppertunity to run the ball in one game,, and He plowed the field,, go watch it ,, He in that one game was more impressive than any one player on our team all year!! Don't believe that? Go watch it again... He plowed the field as he ran over and through the opposing D# .. 

Better be careful what you say here.. I have a feeling he's going to get more playing time,, You may have to eat a lot more crow than you think...:rolleyes:

WTF, English cannot be your first language. I mean congrats on being multi-lingual and all but....seriously W..T...F

6 hours ago, 81KJW said:

Wow  just when I think this can't get any more irritating wow now we need to 2 DE a stand for 1 DE. Just great. Sometimes it's irritating being a falcon fan. 

Yeah, so sorry Takk's poor mental health is "irritating" to you because it may mean that a football team you watch on TV may not be quite as good as you thought they would be.

JFC

1989Fan likes this

3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

When we drafted him,, and he came up,, I thought to myself... this guy don't look big enough to play WR,, much less DE...He was skin and bones...I have to be honest and say ,, I was very disappointed that we drafted him.  I was scratching my head thinking ,, how could we get such a small DE.?? He didn't look big enough to play CB,, Those where the words I told my son... Now,, I don't really care about all that now.. I'm concerned for him.. But I could see that he had a problem when he walked in at the draft.  Wishing Tak all the best for him and what he should do to get better...  Prayers up for Tack ...

...no man, I distinctly remember you praising the FO.

You doing ok?

Vandy likes this

First and foremost:  Prayers for Takk to have the strength to use all of the professional and spiritual help available to emerge from this.

And as a Falcon Fan, please let me point out that having  an opposing QB at the line of scrimmage contemplating the the mental status of the 6'4" 230 pound beast who will be barreling down his blind ain't the worst thing for a defense.

:ninja:

I hope Takk gets everything worked out.  Sometimes I wonder about the effects of CTE on these guys.  Not to say that this is the situation here, but it wouldn't shock me in the least.

8 hours ago, E. T. said:

Sometimes life and health comes before football....

It always does. If if doesn't your priorities are jacked up.

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

...no man, I distinctly remember you praising the FO.

You doing ok?

Hey, I wanted the bigger DEs in that draft.. But when we drafted him,, I looked at it like the FO knows more than I do.. and they do and I know that.. And for sure,, He did pump himself up big time by game day.. But it truly shocked me he could be that small on draft day and then be so bulked up come game day.. I've never seen that before in my Falcon Fan life .... No one cares for people more than I do..  and any Falcon player is a little special to me since I'm a fan.. I care for all people no matter who they are or where they've been,, My Dad was the worst alcholic in my town... I've dealt with it all,, But It made me to be an understanding person who has dealt with a hard life..And having to deal with my Dads addictions helped me all the years i've worked in the Jail Ministry...And seen many  many men change their life threw the Savior,  I know , I'VE BEEN THERE. And thankful I had the best Mother in the world.. if is was not for her,, there's no telling where I'D BE. 

12 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

He doesn't have mental capacity to understand this...thats why hes in this situation.

God speed! 

So much ignorance in that post alone. You don't even know what happened and you are trying to diagnose him. 

GreggT likes this

23 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

This is crazy lol

22 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

You’ve certainly eaten your share of crow in here lately....

Though I don't know him personally, from the little I have seen, Tak looks like a genuinely good person.  

I really hope that he gets the help he needs.  Forget football, this is a good young man that deserves the best care possible.  I am sure that the Falcons are providing him with that.  

Good luck, Tak.  Come back when you are ready.  

9 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

So much ignorance in that post alone. You don't even know what happened and you are trying to diagnose him. 

He obviously had a mental breakdown...what am I missing here?

I wished him God speed recovery.....take that hatred elsewhere dude! This board has enough of it.