•  
  •  
  •  

Falcons coach Dan Quinn releases statement on Takk McKinley

32325460_10215221606509381_3366539333908561920_n

Will McFadden

ATLANTAFALCONS.COM

SFB_Takk-McKinley.jpg

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Falcons coach Dan Quinn released the following statement on defensive end Takkarist McKinley Tuesday night:

“We were recently made aware of the situation involving Takk in Los Angeles earlier today. Any time a situation occurs that is or could be related to mental health issues we take it very seriously. We will do everything we possibly can to support and assist Takk, as our players’ mental and physical well-being are always our top priority.”

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-coach-dan-quinn-releases-statement-on-takk-mckinley

The initial reports made it sound like he was in legal trouble...

This is very serious and I hope he gets the help he needs. Mental health is no joke...

7 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2019 08:36 PM

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Falcons coach Dan Quinn releases statement on Takk McKinley

32325460_10215221606509381_3366539333908561920_n

Will McFadden

ATLANTAFALCONS.COM

SFB_Takk-McKinley.jpg

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Falcons coach Dan Quinn released the following statement on defensive end Takkarist McKinley Tuesday night:

“We were recently made aware of the situation involving Takk in Los Angeles earlier today. Any time a situation occurs that is or could be related to mental health issues we take it very seriously. We will do everything we possibly can to support and assist Takk, as our players’ mental and physical well-being are always our top priority.”

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-coach-dan-quinn-releases-statement-on-takk-mckinley

Wow  just when I think this can't get any more irritating wow now we need to 2 DE a stand for 1 DE. Just great. Sometimes it's irritating being a falcon fan. 

Thought he scored off the charts on some Toughness and Competitive scale...

Always thought Takk was a one trick poney with no bend and a loose cannon after seeing him at draft. Hope things work out for him, but as a team, Better start contingency planning...and that doesn’t mean Beasley, Reed, Shelby, or Irvan as starters

Thats TWO first round mediocre pass rushers selected by DQ...

Lets not make him the great talent evaluator some may believe....

4 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Always thought Takk was a one trick poney with no bend and a loose cannon after seeing him at draft. Hope things work out for him, but as a team, Better start contingency planning...and that doesn’t mean Beasley, Reed, Shelby, or Irvan as starters

In 2 seasons he had 13 sacks. Not amazing but not terrible. Especially considering he has essentially been injured most of both seasons.

In his first 3 games of this past season he had 4.5 sacks alone then got hurt. Then only had 2.5 the rest of the entire year and 1.5 were in the last 2 games. Takk is a tough guy, If he can play he will play. Does not mean he was playing effective or up to his ability after the injury.

While I agree we need more pass rushers..I don't think its anywhere close to writting off Takk or giving up on him.

Takk came up hard, most of you here wont be able to relate as you likely grew up with both parents and above the poverty line.  He grew up in Richmond, for those who don't know that's one of the worst places in Oakland CA.  He has money now but shedding the pain, frustration, anxiety is not easy.  I hope he gets the help he needs.  Its rough. 

He is a helluva player.  14 sacks in 2 years including playoffs.  Not bad for your bottom of the 1st pick.  Wayyyy more productive than anyone we have had since J. Abraham. That comment about a loose cannon bothers me.  Passion does not equal loose cannon.  He isn't a choir boy and playing on defensive side of the ball, I don't want him to be Larry FItz, I want him to be despised like Suh is.  Nasty but within the confines of the game.

shock, Dirtybird3, putnam6 and 9 others like this

Hope he gets well.  As far as football, you guys wanting to move on should chill a minute.  This is likely not something new to him and anyone who follows Takk's twitter account (or even watched him get drafted) knows he's a little out there.  I think he'll be fine and in fact the absence of football and something to do may be contributing factors to his episode.

When we drafted him,, and he came up,, I thought to myself... this guy don't look big enough to play WR,, much less DE...He was skin and bones...I have to be honest and say ,, I was very disappointed that we drafted him.  I was scratching my head thinking ,, how could we get such a small DE.?? He didn't look big enough to play CB,, Those where the words I told my son... Now,, I don't really care about all that now.. I'm concerned for him.. But I could see that he had a problem when he walked in at the draft.  Wishing Tak all the best for him and what he should do to get better...  Prayers up for Tack ...

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

25 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

When we drafted him,, and he came up,, I thought to myself... this guy don't look big enough to play WR,, much less DE...He was skin and bones...I have to be honest and say ,, I was very disappointed that we drafted him.  I was scratching my head thinking ,, how could we get such a small DE.?? He didn't look big enough to play CB,, Those where the words I told my son... Now,, I don't really care about all that now.. I'm concerned for him.. But I could see that he had a problem when he walked in at the draft.  Wishing Tak all the best for him and what he should do to get better...  Prayers up for Tack ...

Right....

takk.thumb.jpg.f2ba94b0769c9390a2cc7176d152fb69.jpg

32 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

When we drafted him,, and he came up,, I thought to myself... this guy don't look big enough to play WR,, much less DE...He was skin and bones...I have to be honest and say ,, I was very disappointed that we drafted him.  I was scratching my head thinking ,, how could we get such a small DE.?? He didn't look big enough to play CB,, Those where the words I told my son...

What??? Are you sure you’re thinking of the right person? You’re slipping man.

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

There are bigger things in life than football. Takk didn’t make it to NFL for nothing. He fought so many haters and doubters all his life. With Right help, he will likely be ok. He is still smarter than most dumb football players who don’t seek help and get in trouble.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

44 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

You lost your brain when Brian Hill was cut last year.

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You lost your brain when Brian Hill was cut last year.

Brian Hill is still on the team,, and when they put him in that one game he carried the ball about 6 times for around 90 yards.. Fans here don't bring that up because they made fun of me wanting to get him in the draft,, BTW,, he was the only player I got right in my Draft game.. :tiphat:

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We need Takk McKinley.

He needs himself morr than anyone.

There goes our draft priorities....this has to be a concern heading in to draft. 

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Stay strong kid. It gets better.

None of us know if it will or not. Hope it does.

But, what does D.Q now do in draft? Knowing how vulnerable this spot is.

Knight of God likes this

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Brian Hill is still on the team,, and when they put him in that one game he carried the ball about 6 times for around 90 yards.. Fans here don't bring that up because they made fun of me wanting to get him in the draft,, BTW,, he was the only player I got right in my Draft game.. :tiphat:

Lmao. You sound like R the great when James stone had one good game.