jfalconsp

Takk Detained by Police

80 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

And that's who  he remind me of

 

 

Sigh

Don't care. . .  care more about his health and his wholeness as a human being and as a man.  I know all too well about mental issues. Was in a mental hospital for an extended period of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang in their brother Takk. In your weak moments know that strength is on it's way. When strength arrives, embrace the good in life. know that in time the strong moments will become more and more.

I've struggled some in my life. My wife saved my heart and My Daughter made my life worth living. This is the best part of my life and I now fear losing what I have, for no other reason than I'm happy. Be patient my brother, your greatest happiness in life may be just around the corner.

JDaveG and GhostofGritz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Depression is a *****. Battled it myself a couple years ago. 

Couldn't agree more.. it's really no joke.. personally hit that same wall beginning of 2017.. rough..

GhostofGritz and Emmitt like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

As someone who has dealt with some major depression issues throughout my life, I wish nothing but the best for Takk. I hope there are some people close to him who can present a clear picture to him and urge that he get the help he might need.

100% here the people you have around you will save you or sink you.

Its so important for these athletes going foward.

You need people you can trust and who will keep you level headed.

They will also keep you occupied and keep the distractions away from you.

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks that anyone goes through this. And I don't have a clue what actually went through his head. I can assume but it's tough and hard once the snowball starts.  

With getting help, I know it'll work out.  

Prayers for him, family and friends of his of peace through this time. 

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krodwhodat said:

Saints fan here, we call each other names, trash each other’s cities and are pretty crude with on another sometimes but in the end it’s just a game and we all hope the best for one another.  I think I represent the entire who dat nation in saying we hope the best for this young man and hope he gets it together and comes back a stronger person and better player for it.  You can check our site and see that this is more important than a rivalry or football.  God bless him!

Classy post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot express how impressed I am with Takk and his friend with how they reacted and handled this situation.  It is so very important when you (or someone close to you) cannot control their own mental facilities that you seek and, more importantly, except help.

I applaud both of these young individuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

As someone who has dealt with some major depression issues throughout my life, I wish nothing but the best for Takk. I hope there are some people close to him who can present a clear picture to him and urge that he get the help he might need.

Agree. This is heartbreaking. The kid worked so hard to get here. Hope he gets help and is able to live out his dream.

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krodwhodat said:

Saints fan here, we call each other names, trash each other’s cities and are pretty crude with on another sometimes but in the end it’s just a game and we all hope the best for one another.  I think I represent the entire who dat nation in saying we hope the best for this young man and hope he gets it together and comes back a stronger person and better player for it.  You can check our site and see that this is more important than a rivalry or football.  God bless him!

I appreciate the thought. But most of the people on the Saints forum aren't saying that at all, they're saying stuff about how they knew he was messed up, or how he seemed unstable on draft night, or how he's probably upset over the idea the Saints are playing in our stadium.

Again, thanks for being decent. But while some are sending well wishes, majority of Saints fans are being sh*tty. One guy even called it out.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/falcons-takk-mckinley-detained-by-police-mental-evaluation-is-ongoing.401402/

No jokes here. Good on you for seeking help Takk. Best of luck.

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I appreciate the thought. But most of the people on the Saints forum aren't saying that at all, they're saying stuff about how they knew he was messed up, or how he seemed unstable on draft night, or how he's probably upset over the idea the Saints are playing in our stadium.

Again, thanks for being decent. But while some are sending well wishes, majority of Saints fans are being sh*tty. One guy even called it out.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/falcons-takk-mckinley-detained-by-police-mental-evaluation-is-ongoing.401402/

No jokes here. Good on you for seeking help Takk. Best of luck.

As a Saints fan, I do not condone the stupidity of the posts you have alluded to. I post on SR and the vast majority of persons there are considerate and sensible, just as are Saints fans. But as with every fanbase, you get those persons who cannot overcome their own comfortable ignorance. It is no different than the Saints-Eagles game thread posted here where a few crazies were openly calling for Brees, Kamara and others to be injured. Unfortunately, sometimes all we share in common with other fans is just love for a particular team. But that shared love for team does not stop the idiots among our fellow brother and sisters in fandom from being idiots. They are just idiots who happen to like the same respective teams as we do. 

Edited by theonenotthe2
Flying Falcon, JDaveG, Tandy and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

McKinley’s struggle with mental health is well-documented on his social media pages. I can relate to the guy for sure. He’s at a very strange age in life between full-fledged adulthood and still being a ‘kid’. Leaves you with a lot of questions about life and relationships. 

Must be tough....how did billions of people before him make it? And without a million dollar+ contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, theonenotthe2 said:

As a Saints fan, I do not condone the stupidity of the posts you have alluded to. I post on SR and the vast majority of persons there are considerate and sensible, just as are Saints fans. But as with every fanbase, you get those persons who cannot overcome their own comfortable ignorance. It is no different than the Saints-Eagles game thread posted here where a few crazies were openly calling for Brees, Kamara and others to be injured. Unfortunately, sometimes all we share in common with other fans is just love for a particular team. But that shared love for team does not stop the idiots among our fellow brother and sisters in fandom from being idiots. They are just idiots who happen to like the same respective teams as we do. 

Too true.   We all have them.   Every time I see a Falcons fan post some nasty Katrina remark, my heart hurts - and I am ashamed.    But, I know that most of the fans on this board and most of the fans I know would never do that - and would never wish harm on any player - for any team.

Thanks for caring enough about a troubled soul to take the time to come to a rival board and post.   It does mean something.  You are a good person.   Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I woke up to this myself. I had immediate flashbacks to Tony Casillas. Hopefully it's overblown. That's usually the case. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I like about this thread is that the vast majority of people posting in here GET IT. Most people understand that this is about a young man's life and is bigger than football. That shows some pretty good and important progress as a society...at least it does in our group who post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GhostofGritz said:

What I like about this thread is that the vast majority of people posting in here GET IT. Most people understand that this is about a young man's life and is bigger than football. That shows some pretty good and important progress as a society...at least it does in our group who post here.

I told a guy on Twitter to grow the **** up after he said "Was I the only person who thought Takk McKinley was a whack job carrying his grandmothers portrait onto the NFL Draft stage acting like a buffoon with his nonsensical outbursts....This doesn't surprise me in the least"

In response he said I made a ****tard comment and that it was a jab at the NFL. Seriously!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

 how he seemed unstable on draft night,

I love Takk and wish nothing but the best for him, but did he not seem a little unstable on draft night?  He's had a messed up life.  I'm not surprised by this at all given his tweets and just overall demeanor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now