jfalconsp

Takk Detained by Police

80 posts in this topic

My wife was going through her phone and saw this, didn’t show up on any of my social media feeds. Thought I’d share, could be nothing:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/15/atlanta-falcons-takkarist-mckinley-detained-police/

“Atlanta Falcons defensive end Takkarist McKinley was detained by police in L.A. on Tuesday and is undergoing a mental evaluation following an incident at a hotel ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

McKinley was with a friend at a high-end hotel around noon when something happened and the friend became concerned about McKinley's well-being. We're told the friend called police for help. 

We're told cops spoke with McKinley who agreed it was in his best interest to get help -- and he cooperated and left with police. We're told McKinley was NOT arrested or booked for any crime. 

The 23-year-old was selected in the 1st round of the 2017 NFL Draft out of UCLA and had a solid rookie season for the Falcons -- posting 20 tackles and 6 sacks. 

McKinley famously brought a framed picture of his late grandmother to the stage at the NFL Draft and explained that he had made a promise to her on her deathbed that he would make it to the NFL.”

You have to be a bit mentally off to play that position at a high level.  Wishing you a peaceful offseason Takk...get your mind right.  The rest will fall in line for you

Edited by Falconsin2012
JDaveG, Stryka, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

And at this board we are hearing "fans" questioning their loyalty to Atlanta Falcons just because a rival team is going to the conference finals. **** it. This goes beyond football. I know that Takk is a important player on this defense, but i just hope that he gets the right help and he gets healthy! Best of luck, Takk! 

And yes, it's probably very random, but i'm just tired of reading all these "Why did i root for the Falcons". Please, just support the Patriots. I don't care. I'm loyal to the Falcons and i have other values in life than just watch a team win the Super bowl. Please, stop it! 

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

And at this board we are hearing "fans" questioning their loyalty to Atlanta Falcons just because a rival team is going to the conference finals. **** it. This goes beyond football. I know that Takk is a important player on this defense, but i just hope that he gets the right help and he gets healthy! Best of luck, Takk! 

And yes, it's probably very random, but i'm just tired of reading all these "Why did i root for the Falcons". Please, just support the Patriots. I don't care. I'm loyal to the Falcons and i have other values in life than just watch a team win the Super bowl. Please, stop it! 

Give em hellll, Disco

red falcon and papachaz like this

McKinley’s struggle with mental health is well-documented on his social media pages. I can relate to the guy for sure. He’s at a very strange age in life between full-fledged adulthood and still being a ‘kid’. Leaves you with a lot of questions about life and relationships. 

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

McKinley’s struggle with mental health is well-documented on his social media pages. I can relate to the guy for sure. He’s at a very strange age in life between full-fledged adulthood and still being a ‘kid’. Leaves you with a lot of questions about life and relationships. 

I suspect something happened to Takk around week 6.  He had  5.5 sacks in 6 games but nothing really afterwards.

Edited by Falconsin2012
Cheap Talk and PokerSteve like this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I suspect something happened to Takk around week 6.  He had like 5.5 sacks in 6 games but nothing really afterwards.

I don’t really see it that way. Takk plays football as a distraction imo. It’s the same reason I work like a dog when I feel depressed. The off-season isn’t good for someone like Takk. I don’t think an incident would affect his production. 

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Could have left the second part out or put in the other thread. This thread is more important than that

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Could have left the second part out or put in the other thread. This thread is more important than that

Yes, i know! But i would just like to state that there are more important things in life than just football. Hopefully, this is just my opinion.

1 minute ago, GhostofGritz said:

As someone who has dealt with some major depression issues throughout my life, I wish nothing but the best for Takk. I hope there are some people close to him who can present a clear picture to him and urge that he get the help he might need.

Depression is a *****. Battled it myself a couple years ago. 

GhostofGritz, mqg96, JDaveG and 6 others like this

11 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

As someone who has dealt with some major depression issues throughout my life, I wish nothing but the best for Takk. I hope there are some people close to him who can present a clear picture to him and urge that he get the help he might need.

Same here. I think we both could see the shadow of it on draft day

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Same here. I think we both could see the shadow of it on draft day

A bit, just a bit, C. I'm praying that Takk is going to be okay. I don't really care all that much about what it means/doesn't mean for the Falcons.