Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Flip the Trope: Saints get slaughtered on our field

33 posts in this topic

OK imma throw this out here...what if the Saints get beat 28-3 on our field? How do you think that would play out in the media?

29 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If the Saints go to the SB and lose, all they are going to do is cry about how the game was rigged and how Blank paid off the officials. 

I'm ok with that... Is that something Blank can arrange?

The Saints were trolling the heck out of the Eagles after the game Sunday.    I wonder if the Rams will turn it on them if they win?

Cole World and JDaveG like this

Maybe if this game was in LA, but I'm afraid y'all are going to be disappointed.  I don't even see the Rams keeping it close.  Without even checking stats, I'm betting Goff is not a road comeback QB. 

It doesn’t really bug me if the Saints win the Super Bowl. You’d have to be a real ‘special’ person to be a Saints fan. Let them have these small victories, life hasn’t been too kind to them thus far. 

While that would be fun to watch, if Brees is in the game, they will get their points. 

With that being said, let me go find my Brees voodoo doll. 

17 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Maybe if this game was in LA, but I'm afraid y'all are going to be disappointed.  I don't even see the Rams keeping it close.  Without even checking stats, I'm betting Goff is not a road comeback QB. 

If the Rams defense can get some stops, they can grind off the clock with that run game.

And that's the only way they win this IMHO.  Putting it in Goff's hands is folly from the start.  If they can't run the ball and score TDs while controlling clock, they don't have a chance, whether they're ahead or behind.

Cole World and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Can you imagine Sean standing mid-field having to shake Bellicheck's hand after getting curb stomped? In our house?

Delicious!

Who can get behind that?

I can't.  Sean Payton isn't Dan Quinn.

Unlike the Falcons the Saints have beaten the Bellicheck/Brady Pats.

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If the Saints go to the SB and lose, all they are going to do is cry about how the game was rigged and how Blank paid off the officials. 

Sounds like excuses read here every week

Sidecar Falcon likes this

18 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I can't.  Sean Payton isn't Dan Quinn.

Unlike the Falcons the Saints have beaten the Bellicheck/Brady Pats.

First and only time Peyton/Saints beat Brady was back in 2009. 

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

First and only time Peyton/Saints beat Brady was back in 2009. 

Still more times than the Falcons have

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Can you imagine Sean standing mid-field having to shake Bellicheck's hand after getting curb stomped? In our house?

Delicious!

Who can get behind that?

Hes NOT coming to ATLANTA.

Rams vs Chiefs SUPERBOWL in Atlanta.

Have a early merry Christmas everyone! Lmao!

I know were out of it. I know the Saints are one game away from the SB..But nearly every thread these days is about this.

46 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Rams defense will shut this game down.

Goff has Gurley/Anderson to keep offense balanced. 

He just needs to be a game manager.

Let Donald/Suh - Wade Phillips do their job.

Brees under pressure plays like ****! We ALL know that....we almost beat them 2x with our mash unit had it not been for stupid turnovers.

JDaveG likes this

53 minutes ago, Tandy said:

The Saints were trolling the heck out of the Eagles after the game Sunday.    I wonder if the Rams will turn it on them if they win?

Im here in L.A for while now...and know some of Rams front office personnel who live in my community....

All I will say, they are FIRED UP, they have not forgotten their last meetings especially,  sideline antics by Sean Peyton.....

They are locked in film room for over 2 days....analyzing Saints.

Geneaut likes this

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sounds like excuses read here every week

And every other message board in the NFL, NBA, and every other major sports venue with judging involved

WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm not so sure the Saints are going to the Super Bowl. 

Im 100% certain. Rams will shut them down with their defense.

11 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Im here in L.A for while now...and know some of Rams front office personnel who live in my community....

All I will say, they are FIRED UP, they have not forgotten their last meetings especially,  sideline antics by Sean Peyton.....

They are locked in film room for over 2 days....analyzing Saints.

Did you see what they did AFTER their win against the Eagles?

https://www.12up.com/posts/6271023-saints-trolling-the-eagles-after-playoff-win-is-completely-tasteless-and-uncalled-for/partners/44350?fbclid=IwAR1rw7j7NjH-iIxfjcYMZ_LlnVx0rTP3saEAnsXKueMV7z39Tj_cKuRBhPw

There wasn't a rivalry between the Saints and the Eagles, but there might be one now.

New Orleans took down the Eagles to end Philadelphia's quest to bring home another title, but that wasn't enough. For some reason, the Saints went out of their way to make it personal by trying to humiliate the defending champs.

The Saints acted like they've never been in this position before, mocking the Eagles by playing their theme song from last year's Super Bowl run, "Dreams and Nightmares," by Philly's own Meek Mill, and dancing on their graves. 

vUcGX7zJ_normal.jpg
 · Jan 13, 2019
Time for the Saints to blast Meek Mill to send the Eagles officially 6 feet under

Embedded video
Did the Eagles talk trash before this matchup? Was there something we all missed?

They didn't just stop with the dancing, which would've already crossed the line. Mark Ingram and Marshon Lattimore decided to start it all off right after the game, mocking the Eagles' ski mask look.

Embedded video
NKtMRcPm_normal.jpg
“BYE!” — Mark Ingram and Marshon Lattimore display how to put on the ski mask.
Alright, that has to be enough right? They can't possibly hate this team for no good reason to keep this up? 

Nope, that can't be true. Alvin Kamara and Ingram decided to take things further by wearing ski masks during their postgame interviews at their lockers. 

"There's just been a lot of frauds out here rocking ski masks. We just gotta let people know who the originals is. We gotta let them know. There's a lot of frauds out here that wanna take pictures and put on the ski masks." -- Mark Ingram on Alvin Kamara wearing ski mask

Is that really it? Is this whole beef about the Saints thinking the ski mask idea was their thing first? That's an absurd amount of pettiness for something that truly doesn't matter.

The Saints acting like this is a rivalry is a weird move. There's never been any bad blood between these two teams or their players. This isn't even about the Saints getting revenge either, considering they smoked the Eagles earlier in the year, 48-7. 

You better believe Philly is going to remember this one as New Orleans started this feud for absolutely no reason.

mattyicefalcon likes this

Just now, Tandy said:

Did you see what they did AFTER their win against the Eagles?

Yes, and it was very disrespectful and a low class act by Aints.

In the end, Im not surprised....but, Im glad world is noticing and now they put bounty on their heads.

Tandy and Geneaut like this