Tandy

If the Saints march in to our house - how will you react?

So let's do a poll to see how you will react if IT happens   69 members have voted

1. 1. If the Saints win the Super Bowl in Atlanta this year .... I will (choose all that apply)

• Shrug my shoulders and go about my business - it's a game and really has no affect on how I feel
    • Jump off the nearest bridge
    • Curl up in bed for a week then be fine
    • Cry for the day then live my life
    • Be pissed for a while, but it won't affect my life
    • Stop being a Falcons fan forever, never buy any more merchandise, attend another game or watch them on TV again
    • Still watch the Falcons play - but sell my PSL & Season Tickets and never spend another penny on them
    • Get drunk and get in a fight
    • Who are the Saints?
    • Other - see my comments
    • Edited - thought I had this - Be happy for their fans if not for the team/or the other way around

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

Well, the most important for the  Falcons and for me as a Falcons fan is to focus on the next season. We need to move on. We can't influence the outcome of the Super Bowl and if the Saints win it in our house then congrats to them. The battle is lost, but the war is not over! 

Max likes this

6 hours ago, Stryka said:

They will NOT make it out of New Orleans to come here.  IF they beat the Rams, I will become the #1 most wanted criminal in America.  I cannot share anymore details.  Lol.

No way would you become the #1 most wanted criminal in America. 95% of America hates the 'taints.... you would become a by-gods folk hero.

People be writin' songs about you, and such.

Stryka likes this

5 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I'll admit this once, and only this once, but I was actually pulling for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots. I've developed a number of friendships with certain Falcon fans over the years of posting in the old RC forum.

Winning the Super Bowl validated everything about my team after 44 years of suffering, and for that reason, it would have been nice for a few of you to experience that with your team. And still will should it happen for Atlanta one day in the future. You guys have a some super fans I respect and post with on the daily.

I always said if the Good Lord was kind enough to let me enjoy a Super Bowl win once, I wouldn't be greedy and ask for another one. The idea they are 2 games from another Lombardi right now is nothing but lagniappe for me.

Okay, okay...I take back what I said about you.....:tiphat:

Godzilla1985 and SaintRay like this

8 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I'll admit this once, and only this once, but I was actually pulling for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots. I've developed a number of friendships with certain Falcon fans over the years of posting in the old RC forum.

Winning the Super Bowl validated everything about my team after 44 years of suffering, and for that reason, it would have been nice for a few of you to experience that with your team. And still will should it happen for Atlanta one day in the future. You guys have a some super fans I respect and post with on the daily.

I always said if the Good Lord was kind enough to let me enjoy a Super Bowl win once, I wouldn't be greedy and ask for another one. The idea they are 2 games from another Lombardi right now is nothing but lagniappe for me.

I don’t actually “hate” the Saints. I love the rivalry and have a ton of respect for Brees. I was happy for him when he broke the record this year. Without him and Ryan, this rivalry isn’t the same. It’ll be a shame when Brees is gone and the games between our teams loses some of the intensity. Falcons and Saints games are easily my favorite of the season. And most Saints fans that I’ve met in person are very kind and cool people. Panthers fans on the other hand...

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t actually “hate” the Saints. I love the rivalry and have a ton of respect for Brees. I was happy for him when he broke the record this year. Without him and Ryan, this rivalry isn’t the same. It’ll be a shame when Brees is gone and the games between our teams loses some of the intensity. Falcons and Saints games are easily my favorite of the season. And most Saints fans that I’ve met in person are very kind and cool people. Panthers fans on the other hand...

Agree, by far my favorite 2 games of the season. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Agree, by far my favorite 2 games of the season. 

Mine too.   Always every year.    Before my husband got sick - we tried to make it to both games every year - and did for most years.     Best two games of the year.

Just now, Tandy said:

Mine too.   Always every year.    Before my husband got sick - we tried to make it to both games every year - and did for most years.     Best two games of the year.

Sorry about your husband. 

Just now, SaintRay said:

Sorry about your husband. 

Thanks.   He's through the worst.   Now, we just have to get him stronger - get his weight back and teach him how to breathe by himself again - and with his determination and strength and a little help - we'll be back at the games this year!    He's beaten the cancer though - now we just have to get him back from the ravage it caused.

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

Thanks.   He's through the worst.   Now, we just have to get him stronger - get his weight back and teach him how to breathe by himself again - and with his determination and strength and a little help - we'll be back at the games this year!    He's beaten the cancer though - now we just have to get him back from the ravage it caused.

Been there and witnessed a miracle myself.

My wife suddenly faced Melanoma in 2011, and she was given a 12% chance to survive. It had spread into her lymph nodes.

3 surgeries and 184 chemo treatments later, she made it. Chemo comes in many forms, close to 100 variations, and she was dealing with one of the most brutal. She lived in a deep flu-like state for nearly 2 years.

She still faces a few side effects, but her life has returned close to normal.

She's now 5+ years removed from cancer.

Good luck to your husband, and of course, you. I was in your shoes and know the feeling of helplessness all too well.

Tandy and Godzilla1985 like this

33 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Been there and witnessed a miracle myself.

My wife suddenly faced Melanoma in 2011, and she was given a 12% chance to survive. It had spread into her lymph nodes.

3 surgeries and 184 chemo treatments later, she made it. Chemo comes in many forms, close to 100 variations, and she was dealing with one of the most brutal. She lived in a deep flu-like state for nearly 2 years.

She still faces a few side effects, but her life has returned close to normal.

She's now 5+ years removed from cancer.

Good luck to your husband, and of course, you. I was in your shoes and know the feeling of helplessness all too well.

Bless you both.   Until you've gone through it - I don't think anyone really understands the brutality of this disease or the toll it takes - not only on it's victim but on the one taking care of him/her.   I've never been through such a brutal time.   I haven't slept over an hour straight through in months, trying to work a full time job, take care of him full time, pay all the bills - including massive medical bills, take care of all the millions of things that go wrong around the house, deal with a million appointments and treatments and do things I never thought I could stomach or do or have the strength to endure.    It's brutal and relentless and tiring and draining and seems like it's never going to end.    You have to remind yourself every day that "this too, shall pass" - and keep smiling and encouraging and going on.

Sometimes, when I feel like I'm going to break - it's just logging on to this board and reading the foolishness that sometimes gets posted here that puts me back on track - so there is that.

But - I know that we are getting closer to the end of this beast.    He's back up to 108 pounds - which is still 60 pounds light but better than it was - and his bouts of confusion and hallucinations caused from the constant dehydration are so much better that my life is getting back on track too.    Sometimes, when I think I just can't do it anymore - I remind myself that I'm a Falcon fan - that I've been a Falcon fan since 1966 - and I remember - I can do anything and keep going - because that will toughen your *** up for anything.

I wish you and your wife the best of everything.    As much as my heart hates the idea of the Saints winning a SB in our house - there's that part of me that feels for the fans - because your history is as close to ours as it comes and you guys are pretty tough SOB's too.

SaintRay likes this

20 hours ago, SaintRay said:

Favorite Saints poster.   I have accepted yall winning this year in ATL as an inevitable event weeks back.  Is what it is. 

Falcons have broken my spirit when it comes to enjoying sports.  Can't describe just how horrible 2/5/2017 felt to me when it happened. 

Edited by Godzilla1985