Tandy

If the Saints march in to our house - how will you react?

So let's do a poll to see how you will react if IT happens   69 members have voted

1. 1. If the Saints win the Super Bowl in Atlanta this year .... I will (choose all that apply)

• Shrug my shoulders and go about my business - it's a game and really has no affect on how I feel
    • Jump off the nearest bridge
    • Curl up in bed for a week then be fine
    • Cry for the day then live my life
    • Be pissed for a while, but it won't affect my life
    • Stop being a Falcons fan forever, never buy any more merchandise, attend another game or watch them on TV again
    • Still watch the Falcons play - but sell my PSL & Season Tickets and never spend another penny on them
    • Get drunk and get in a fight
    • Who are the Saints?
    • Other - see my comments
    • Edited - thought I had this - Be happy for their fans if not for the team/or the other way around

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SaintRay said:

I'll admit this once, and only this once, but I was actually pulling for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots. I've developed a number of friendships with certain Falcon fans over the years of posting in the old RC forum.

Winning the Super Bowl validated everything about my team after 44 years of suffering, and for that reason, it would have been nice for a few of you to experience that with your team. And still will should it happen for Atlanta one day in the future. You guys have a some super fans I respect and post with on the daily.

I always said if the Good Lord was kind enough to let me enjoy a Super Bowl win once, I wouldn't be greedy and ask for another one. The idea they are 2 games from another Lombardi right now is nothing but lagniappe for me.

I said it on here.   I was happy for the long suffering Saints fans when the Saints won.     I was not pulling for them to win - because I wanted the Falcons to win first - but I was happy for the fans.

Falconsin2012 and SaintRay like this

19 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

I'll admit this once, and only this once, but I was actually pulling for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots. I've developed a number of friendships with certain Falcon fans over the years of posting in the old RC forum.

Winning the Super Bowl validated everything about my team after 44 years of suffering, and for that reason, it would have been nice for a few of you to experience that with your team. And still will should it happen for Atlanta one day in the future. You guys have a some super fans I respect and post with on the daily.

I always said if the Good Lord was kind enough to let me enjoy a Super Bowl win once, I wouldn't be greedy and ask for another one. The idea they are 2 games from another Lombardi right now is nothing but lagniappe for me.

NFL is not like college for some reason.  In the SEC, if it’s not UGA or in your case LSU, we still have conference pride and pull for Bama to win for the conference.  No such logic applies to the NFC South, or NFL in general.

For me, unless we are playing the Saints, I don’t have an issue with them.  Actually wanted them to beat Indy. They were fun to watch and the best team in football that year

I did, however, root for the Broncos to curb stomp the Panthers.  I just could not stomach having Cam’s antics validated with a Lombardi 

Edited by Falconsin2012
SaintRay likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

NFL is not like college for some reason.  In the SEC, if it’s not UGA or in your case LSU, we still have conference pride and pull for Bama to win for the conference.  No such logic applies to the NFC South, or NFL in general.

For me, unless we are playing the Saints, I don’t have an issue with them.  Actually wanted them to beat Indy. They were fun to watch and the best team in football that year

I did, however, root for the Broncos to curb stomp the Panthers.  I just could not stomach having Cam’s antics validated with a Lombardi 

Watching Newton in his post Super Bowl presser was a highlight of that year for me.

5 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Watching Newton in his post Super Bowl presser was a highlight of that year for me.

I didn’t care enough to watch that part.  Will you send a link if you can find it.

i saw enough of Cam when he fumbled and made a business decision

Somewhere in between the 1st one and being pissed and moving on.

It's not a big deal to me and not nearly as big as 28-3 to me.

I listen/watch very little sports talk shows now, since SB51 really, so I'm not going to hear about it. I don't know/hang out with Saints fans so no issue there. Thus it really isn't going to affect me any except reading this board.

I'm certainly rooting for their opponents though as if it were the Falcons playing them, but if Saints win I will move on quickly.

Tandy likes this

8 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I’ll do exactly what I did last time they won the Super Bowl.

Launch 15-20 floral shells outside the house as the game ends, then head to French Quarter for 3-4 hours of the most insane celebrations ever. The next day we’ll greet the team at the airport, then prepare to attend the Saints Mardi Gras style Super Bowl parade.

I would give a lot to experience that just once.   I went to both Super Bowls only to be devastated.    Not sure I'll be around for another one - but I would sure love to know what it feels like

I think fandom has exhausted me to a certain degree because I'm not sure I'll care that much. Saints fans would love it, and truthfully, I can't blame them. Having said that, I'd rather have the Patriots win.

40 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I didn’t care enough to watch that part.  Will you send a link if you can find it.

i saw enough of Cam when he fumbled and made a business decision

Falconsin2012 and Tandy like this

It would suck because we would never hear the end of it, but we have had our chances to win the big one and blown out. Could have easily been there in 2012 and won on their home field too had we not blown a double digit lead. Should have won it 2 years ago if we also had not blown a big lead.

It would suck, but it's not the Saints fault that they know how to close out games. We could just as easily have a ring or 2 if we didn't choke in big moments. 

I look at it is this way.  We all knew where the SB was being played this year.  They played well and win one more, they earned the right to be here.  Yes if they win, Blank should have a HAZMAT team come in and disinfect the place but we could have been there.  We could have have made it hard on them.  We didn't.

I’m immune to disappointment when it comes to football. Idgaf if the Saints win, but I’d like to see the Chiefs win. 

2 hours ago, SaintRay said:

That was fantastic.

Ryan lost arguably the most heartbreaking Super Bowl of all time and still got up there and answered questions like a grown adult. Cam is such a child, and that presser was pure gold.

SaintRay and Falconsin2012 like this

1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

That was fantastic.

Ryan lost arguably the most heartbreaking Super Bowl of all time and still got up there and answered questions like a grown adult. Cam is such a child, and that presser was pure gold.

It’s the difference between an adult and a child.

On a stormy day, I would go to the nearest crime lab, stand in front of a rack of chemicals with a lightning rod. Then I would use my new found super speed powers to change the timeline and make sure Nick Saban signed Drew Brees to the Dolphins, ensuring he never goes to New Orleans and Saban doesn’t get the Bama gig.

I would be pissed because my father-in-law is a die hard Saints fan(TATF please pray for me)!  So I would have to hear that ish for a whole off season!! :(