Tandy

If the Saints march in to our house - how will you react?

So let's do a poll to see how you will react if IT happens   69 members have voted

1. 1. If the Saints win the Super Bowl in Atlanta this year .... I will (choose all that apply)

• Shrug my shoulders and go about my business - it's a game and really has no affect on how I feel
    • Jump off the nearest bridge
    • Curl up in bed for a week then be fine
    • Cry for the day then live my life
    • Be pissed for a while, but it won't affect my life
    • Stop being a Falcons fan forever, never buy any more merchandise, attend another game or watch them on TV again
    • Still watch the Falcons play - but sell my PSL & Season Tickets and never spend another penny on them
    • Get drunk and get in a fight
    • Who are the Saints?
    • Other - see my comments
    • Edited - thought I had this - Be happy for their fans if not for the team/or the other way around

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SaintRay said:

I’ll do exactly what I did last time they won the Super Bowl.

Launch 15-20 floral shells outside the house as the game ends, then head to French Quarter for 3-4 hours of the most insane celebrations ever. The next day we’ll greet the team at the airport, then prepare to attend the Saints Mardi Gras style Super Bowl parade.

Can't be angry about a team who has a GM and HC that brings in coaches and players that will make the team better.  A HC who will keep their foot on your neck and keep attacking on both sides of the ball.

Instead we have to endure a GM and HC who's about team consensus building and hiring a bunch of his buddies who have now wasted the last two years with their inexperience. 

One day...one day the Falcons will get it right.

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

I've seen some pretty drastic statements.    Thought I would give you guys a place to air it out.

As for me - I don't want to see them win a Super Bowl.   I don't want to see them win a Super Bowl in Atlanta.   Maybe at one point in my life, it would have affected me a lot more than now.   At this stage, I'll be pissed for a while then go about my life.

Samething I always say, F*** the saints/swampers and have hope for our Falcons the following season 

ratesforless and Tandy like this

The Super Bowl gets played in a different place every year, and the very few times that the SB has been played in Atlanta, a team that I did not like won it all. This time is absolutely no different, and like before it will have no affect on me at all. No one really remembers or cares where the Super Bowl is played. Instead, they remember the teams, and the game itself.

All the past embarrassment and shame the Falcons organization has inflicted on themselves and their fans has yet to be a successful incentive to make them a legit contender going forward, so I don't believe the Saints winning the big one in the Benz is going to change that. If anything, the Falcons will make some weak ad campaign featuring the big Saints win and using it as a motivational piece, which will add to the overall weak persona of this organization once it fails again.

Edited by 4dabirds
slick0ne, Tandy and slickgadawg like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LOL...come on now, his response was pretty dope.  Seems like a good dude.

Dont drink & drive, SaintRay...though if anyone knows the French Quarter during a state wide celebration, you ain’t driving anywhere around there.  It’s a nightmare.

LOL I fixed it, guess it was s bit harsh.

There might be other people on the road...

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 hours ago, kschreck said:

If the Saints go up a couple of scores, we could find a way to shut off the lights....  

This ain't the Superdome pal.

Tandy and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Any falcon fan saying it wouldn’t bother them to see saints winning it all in our own house is lying to themselves. 

Image result for it aint that serious gif

Vandy likes this

They will NOT make it out of New Orleans to come here.  IF they beat the Rams, I will become the #1 most wanted criminal in America.  I cannot share anymore details.  Lol.

ratesforless and Tandy like this

Hahaha! 

Awesome poll @Tandy...I live in Kansas and their fans keep telling me they are winning the Super Bowl so no worries here lol!

Edited by SOI
Tandy likes this

I don't really care all that much. Although I pointed out in another thread that I'm not so sure the Saints will even make it out of this week. They look very beatable to me. This last playoff weekend we just saw had 3 of the 4 home teams coming off byes look VERY sharp. The Saints were the team that actually looked like the worse team and still won. They needed a fake punt, a 3rd and 16 conversion, an injury to Fletcher Cox, and a gifted interception at the end to win this game. Oh, and the Eagles were playing with their backup QB. Plus, they lost their starting DT which is a huge loss and at a very bad time as they are facing a Rams O-line that looks just stupid at the moment. I think the Rams might just pull the upset.

Tandy likes this

If the Saints come to play in the Benz, practice in our facility and win it all?....... I'm having a Falcons Funeral.

No rivalry after that.  That's a mic drop and another feather in the Falcon embarrassment/inept hat.   PSLs already listed for sale.

If they come to Superbowl and lose?  it would be nice and hospitable to have a ton of falcon fans waiting outside the Benz waving them bye bye. :)

Tandy likes this

I won't even watch the game if the Saints are playing in the Super Bowl. No BBQ, no hot wings, nada. I'll have my router and Android box's cache fully cleared and ready to pull every movie and TV show of worth to occupy the time.

Say goodbye to my social media accounts, including this one.

Stay away from all sports channels until something actually good happens to one of my teams that gets my mind off of it (fat chance). Good chance I miss more than half of the following NFL season as a result until the local team starts winning again.

Take some serious vacation time. I work downtown and there's no way in the hey hey H311 I could possibly be down here watching them (and possibly Patriot fans) celebrate and chant 'Who Dat' and 'that score' without getting into some serious trouble that would involve law enforcement.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Yes, I have some serious healing to do...

Edited by ratesforless
Tandy likes this

Overall, just keep living my life. No matter how it all goes down, it can't possibly compare to Super Bowl LI.

It really does make me a TINY bit mad at the football gods that I see this shaping up as a Saints/Pats Super Bowl in Atlanta though. Talk about salt in the wound. We didn't suffer enough with 28-3?

Tandy and ratesforless like this

6 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Overall, just keep living my life. No matter how it all goes down, it can't possibly compare to Super Bowl LI.

It really does make me a TINY bit mad at the football gods that I see this shaping up as a Saints/Pats Super Bowl in Atlanta though. Talk about salt in the wound. We didn't suffer enough with 28-3?

Would you really be shocked if its the Chiefs and Rams? I wouldn't at all. I think they are both the better teams at the moment. The advantage the other 2 have is QB and coach. And I get that's a big advantage. But the Rams and Chiefs have way more talented rosters, especially on the lines.

Tandy likes this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Would you really be shocked if its the Chiefs and Rams? I wouldn't at all. I think they are both the better teams at the moment. The advantage the other 2 have is QB and coach. And I get that's a big advantage. But the Rams and Chiefs have way more talented rosters, especially on the lines.

I wouldn't be shocked either way and I'm certainly rooting for it to be a Chiefs/Rams SB

JD dirtybird21 likes this

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I wouldn't be shocked either way and I'm certainly rooting for it to be a Chiefs/Rams SB

Same, the first game between the 2 was epic. 

Tandy likes this

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Here's the thing. As a football fan who feels like she has a decent knowledge of the game, I could TOTALLY see it being Chiefs and Rams. The Chiefs went toe-to-toe with Brady earlier this year in Gillette, and the Rams have an outstanding running game and a tough interior line against a Saints team that just lost one of its best run defenders and has a QB who (well, to be fair, this is essentially all QBs) caves with interior pressure.

And yet, I actually WOULD be shocked if it were Chiefs/Rams. It has nothing to do with actual football x's and o's. As absurd as it sounds, after Super Bowl LI, I just really feel like "someone" has it out for Falcons fans. Nearly two years later, it's still incomprehensible to me how we could lose that game. And why did it ever have to look like such a beautiful blow-out, only to turn into total humiliation.

I probably sound crazy. But I expect Saints/Pats purely because the universe seems to have it out for this fanbase. :lol:

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Got to admit, sounds amazing.  I’ll be jealous af but happy for you if you get to experience it again

I'll admit this once, and only this once, but I was actually pulling for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots. I've developed a number of friendships with certain Falcon fans over the years of posting in the old RC forum.

Winning the Super Bowl validated everything about my team after 44 years of suffering, and for that reason, it would have been nice for a few of you to experience that with your team. And still will should it happen for Atlanta one day in the future. You guys have a some super fans I respect and post with on the daily.

I always said if the Good Lord was kind enough to let me enjoy a Super Bowl win once, I wouldn't be greedy and ask for another one. The idea they are 2 games from another Lombardi right now is nothing but lagniappe for me.