Tandy

If the Saints march in to our house - how will you react?

So let's do a poll to see how you will react if IT happens   69 members have voted

1. 1. If the Saints win the Super Bowl in Atlanta this year .... I will (choose all that apply)

• Shrug my shoulders and go about my business - it's a game and really has no affect on how I feel
    • Jump off the nearest bridge
    • Curl up in bed for a week then be fine
    • Cry for the day then live my life
    • Be pissed for a while, but it won't affect my life
    • Stop being a Falcons fan forever, never buy any more merchandise, attend another game or watch them on TV again
    • Still watch the Falcons play - but sell my PSL & Season Tickets and never spend another penny on them
    • Get drunk and get in a fight
    • Who are the Saints?
    • Other - see my comments
    • Edited - thought I had this - Be happy for their fans if not for the team/or the other way around

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

I've seen some pretty drastic statements.    Thought I would give you guys a place to air it out.

As for me - I don't want to see them win a Super Bowl.   I don't want to see them win a Super Bowl in Atlanta.   Maybe at one point in my life, it would have affected me a lot more than now.   At this stage, I'll be pissed for a while then go about my life.

Just now, The Great American said:

Hopefully the Saints will do us a solid this weekend and lose. America wants to watch  KC and LA in the Super Bowl.  

I do for sure!

The Great American likes this

I kind of like the 5th option, but I'm passed the being mad part and already to the moving on part. I felt like the Bears were the only team in the playoffs that puts strengths on their weak spots. Once they were eliminated, I almost feel like its the Saints SB to lose. 

That said, in all honesty, I look at all of football differently than most Falcons fans. I'm an "all the way homer:" Falcons first, division second, conference third. I pulled for the Bucs when they were there. I pulled for the Panthers when they were there. I pulled for the Saints last time. I still dislike all of those teams very much when we are playing them or we have something on the line. However, once we trip over our own...  I'm not going to blame them. I don't feel like I have to hate them "just because" when the Falcons can't be impacted by the outcome. We missed the playoffs. Our draft order is set. We don't gain a dang thing if they lose...other than an opportunity to heckle someone. Have fun with that. It won't make me, personally, feel any better. 

I dont like the fact we had our chance and brew it.. The Saints took advantage of theirs and won the superbowl and now maybe a 2nd in OUR HOUSE... And now we have to hear their mouth 4 ever talk'n bout how they have 2 rings and won in our house.... SMH     all in all life goes on, but man this makes it hard to be a falcons fan 4 REAL !!!    <_<:slick:<_<

PokerSteve likes this

As much as I don't like the Saints, their arrogant coach, or their obnoxious players, if they make it to the SB and if they are winning late in the second half I'll probably turn off the game and move on. 

It would be easy to let the potential of them winning another SB get to me but there are far to many things that deserve more of my attention to allow that to happen.

PokerSteve and Bagofbones64 like this

1 minute ago, quotemokc said:

I think we need to band together and build a human shield around the stadium and force the Superbowl elsewhere.

If the Saints go up a couple of scores, we could find a way to shut off the lights....  

Voted for shrug my shoulders and go about my business wondering how we field a team that's:

• 3rd in scoring
  • 8th in total yards
  • 7th in yards per play
  • 5th in total first downs
  • 7th in receiving TDs
  • 6th in rushing yards
  • 1st in rushing TDs
  • 3rd in rushing first downs
  • 1st in 4th quarter comebacks
  • 1st in game winning drives
  • 4th in sack% allowed
  • 2nd in passer rating
  • 7th in yards per pass attempt
  • 3rd in INT%
  • 3rd in TD%
  • 2nd in rush yards allowed
  • 2nd in rush yds allowed per carry
  • 3rd in rushing first downs allowed
  • 1st in fewest penalties
  • 3rd in punt coverage
  • 10th in kick returns

Like the Aints

Pay the Zebra and Tandy like this

I’ll do exactly what I did last time they won the Super Bowl.

Launch 15-20 floral shells outside the house as the game ends, then head to French Quarter for 3-4 hours of the most insane celebrations ever. The next day we’ll greet the team at the airport, then prepare to attend the Saints Mardi Gras style Super Bowl parade.

14 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Launch 15-20 floral shells outside the house as the game ends, then head to French Quarter for 3-4 hours of the most insane celebrations ever. The next day we’ll greet the team at the airport, then prepare to attend the Saints Mardi Gras style Super Bowl parade.

Got to admit, sounds amazing.  I’ll be jealous af but happy for you if you get to experience it again

Tandy and SaintRay like this

No more Football forever, I'll be completely done with the sport as a fan and find another hobby to hold my interest in the place of Football. I have several other hobbies but maybe try and gain interest in Soccer or something.

After 28-3, the UGA collapse to Alabama 2 years in a row, Saints winning a SB here would be the nail in the Football coffin for me.

1 hour ago, SaintRay said:

A world record for most incestors at the same location. 

Falcons In 2012 and Tandy like this

As much as it's supposed to be "our house", I've never felt it is. Mercedes Benz Stadium has a lot of good features but ive never felt attachment to it as the Falcons home yet. Probably because it's never packed and loud for Falcons games. The field needs more blood sweat and tears before it becomes sacred ground. 

Tandy likes this

I came from a broken home.

I grew up poor, sometimes hungry.

I've watched family members die, some in agony, slowly.

I have a sibling who went to prison for some very bad behavior.

Three of my high school friends died in the past two years, two from suicide.

A rival team winning a game in Atlanta is supposed to phase me? 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Don't forget to drink and drive.

LOL...come on now, his response was pretty dope.  Seems like a good dude.

Dont drink & drive, SaintRay...though if anyone knows the French Quarter during a state wide celebration, you ain’t driving anywhere around there.  It’s a nightmare.

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

Hopefully the Saints will do us a solid this weekend and lose. America wants to watch  KC and LA in the Super Bowl.  

You know dang well the nightmare is coming true. Prepare yourself if it’s going to bother you. Me not that much. It’s hard to stay pissed for nearly 16weeks. I’m over it. 

Tandy likes this