mashburn*Fibonacci

My loyalty on if the saints win a ring, and my PSL

91 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Everyone is entitled to "fan" their own way. Personally I've spent a lot of this year re-training my brain to not think this way Fib. I was rooting for the Saints to lose last weekend but when they didn't, it didn't affect me more than 10 min later. I feel healthier because of it.

I'm also treating the Falcons more like any other business. I own lots of Falcons gear and spent money going to games just to watch them disappoint. The last 5 games I attended over the last several years they have lost. I've decided I will no longer buy any more gear or spend any more money going to games until they deliver a championship. I wouldn't spend loads of money on any other product that disappointed me over and over so why should the Falcons be any different? Still love the team and will still wear the gear, watch them on TV, and discuss things with you fine folks here, but they don't get my money. 

Get into Soccer if you can. We have a championship team that's committed to winning and when you really learn what you're watching, it's not even boring. 

Thanks.  

I've been a fan of soccer before football.  And with my upbringing, it's also in my blood.  I was thrilled the day I found out that Arthur wanted a new stadium for soccer.  

The only negative thing I have to say. Is it bothers me how Arthur treats United fans and lets them do so much more vs falcon fans.  

11 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

The only negative thing I have to say. Is it bothers me how Arthur treats United fans and lets them do so much more vs falcon fans.  

What do you mean?

Man I’d be heartbroken for real. It’s bad enough that they have a chance to come in our house and take over but to actually win it all!!!! **** no.  We would never stop hearing about that garbage. Oh well it’s not our fault. Just the way the game goes I guess. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:48 PM, MAD597 said:

I'm dropping the NFL as a whole if the Saints win a SB here. Tired of our teams failure and tired of Katrina refs. This will be it for me, completely done with this crappy team and crappy league.

Haha.  WTF???  Y'all are letting this get to you way too much.

The Falcons’ persistent and consistent failures and the unbelievably awful ways with which they achieve those failures is enough to put any fan over the edge. Call it what you want, but this crap hurts and I as well as most of us come to this board to vent. We have a pain that is unique to us and only us. That said, remember that you have your health, people that love you, and employment. There are millions of Americans that won’t see a paycheck and don’t know how they are going to survive. There are people who woke up today who won’t wake up tomorrow. The Falcons stab our hearts every year. But in the end, we don’t know them, they don’t know us, and it’s just entertainment. I’m gonna go and enjoy my life and look forward to some baseball!

11 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

What do you mean?

Go to the United games. You feel you are on the home side. They let people come in with instruments and etc (something never done for the falcons. and I remember people trying to do it at the dome), even let them pre register so they don't have to go through the metal detectors. the things fans receive is a lot more and a lot more meaningful. Arthur doesn't just sit in a box and come down at the end. he is actually involved with the fans on and off the field. The cameras were made for soccer and failed for NFL (which is why they are still trying to figure something out with the wide view, why the logo is upside down, why they have to face the visitor side to announce things). you have a lot more rallies and things the stadium/organization host (not talking about clubs fans have made). the changed the stadium seats colours. etc etc. the list goes on.

Yes I get its a lottt more home games for soccer vs Football. But you would think football fans would have more than giving away chocolate at the end of the season, compared to all the things United has received. 

AtlantaFanatic and MiTh1211 like this

9 hours ago, MiTh1211 said:

Man I’d be heartbroken for real. It’s bad enough that they have a chance to come in our house and take over but to actually win it all!!!! **** no.  We would never stop hearing about that garbage. Oh well it’s not our fault. Just the way the game goes I guess. 

Don't be friends with Saints fans and don't follow them on social media and you won't have that problem. 

MiTh1211 likes this

13 hours ago,  mashburn*Fibonacci said: 

The only one millionth negative thing I have to say. Is it bothers me how Arthur treats United fans and lets them do so much more vs falcon fans.  

Fixed

On 1/14/2019 at 10:19 PM, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Some, like you, get it. I've gone years of going to training camp, and telling employees/clients they have to wait until after training camp.  And etc

Think it might be a positive thing in your life to be Falcons-free. Sounds like you have an unhealthy obsession. 

I don’t care how successful you are, telling your employees and clients that your obligations to them need to wait until after training camp is a sign of a major problem in your life regarding priorities. We’re talking about training camp?

Most successful people fall off the cliff when they forget about the hard work that got them to the top of the hill in the first place. 

I don't think these people understand the original posters message.

If the Saints win in our house then we will never be able to **** talk any Saint fan again.

28 - 3 and Saints winning a SB in our building means STFU until you get to our level.

It's a pride and man thing many this new beta cuck generation doesn't understand 

This is stupid.

The Saints had nothing to do with 28-3, and the Falcons have nothing to do with the Saints playing the super bowl in Atlanta. 

I wish I could get my boxers in a bunch over absolutely nothing. 

If this is the type of stuff that upsets you,  then I wish I had your life. 

14 minutes ago, octoslash said:

This is stupid.

The Saints had nothing to do with 28-3, and the Falcons have nothing to do with the Saints playing the super bowl in Atlanta. 

I wish I could get my boxers in a bunch over absolutely nothing. 

If this is the type of stuff that upsets you,  then I wish I had your life. 

You missed the point again. This post is more about pride and smack talk.

I can't even talk smack now without 28- 3 jokes if Saints win in our house I can't say **** till we win a ring 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

If the saints win a ring in our stadium, I don't know how I will be. I literally question my loyalty to the falcons. Everyone knows I came from being a Steelers fan and that I enjoy football more than I enjoy being a falcon fan.  

Call me whatever for having this heartache feeling, but don't a single one of y'all deny it.  It's all crossed your mind subconsciously, and some of y'all can't see your own shadow. 

I honestly can't stand several members on TATF message boards. Majority of them sit on the couch and complain how no one goes to the stadium. Majority of them turned the TV off the year the packers destroyed us in the playoffs.  And I bet even some here did.  However I set in my seats, cheered and even applauded them at the end of that great season.  

However today it's weighing on me heavenly.  

I truly believe our team will be great with koetter and I can't wait to see it.  But I would feel disgusted knowing a saint fan set in my seat, cheered for POS team, and got a ring in our house.  

I have my psl. So I don't know what I'll do if the saints win a ring in it.  

PS i'm not saying i'm done being a fan. It could however push me over the edge of not being that one in the select few crowd who cheers on our falcons, due to not being there. 

PSS. Arthur better be putting a hit out on someone or throw money into having the best players. Because if the saints 28-3 move they did in their stadium got under his skin, this might put a nail in his coffin.  

PSSS. And if you want to tell me "bye felicia, see you next year, you're not a fan". Just know I've been screaming and applauding the falcons for a long time in their stadium while majority of y'all don't even attend training camp.  

F' you, you F'in F'!

10 minutes ago, Falcon Freddie said:

F' you, you F'in F'!

Because I don't want the saints in our house to hold up the Lombardi? And it would be hard to sit in my seats.  

Let me guess, you don't even have seats and sit on the couch and turn your TV off when the falcons are losing.