mashburn*Fibonacci

My loyalty on if the saints win a ring, and my PSL

91 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Really don't remember you being PSL, heck in my tine here since 08, I think I can count on one hand how many times you've posted about it. 

Don't worry pops, I won't go digging in your past to prove my point. 

Also this isn't about loyalty to staying a fan. It would wondering if I could turn into a fan who sits on the couch, you know, like you.  That crap makes me sick....... only people who have an excuse is due to money and peple who live out of state. 

Heck I've never heard of you going to training camp that's for free.  

Because he probably doesn't feel the need to brag or say anything about it.  Who the **** cares if someone is a PSL holder or not it doesn't mean a **** thing about anyones fandom or how much you care for a team.  All it shows is some people are a bit better off than others and can afford them while others can't. 

slick0ne and AlabamaFalconFan like this

I feel you man. I dont know where to begin. That and 28-3 would probably be really close to unfan me. Like this cannot happen on so many levels. It's the summit of disrespect. We cant control it. 

Rams it's all you.

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

7 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Which is appreciated,  trust me.  Im six plus hours away from Atlanta and don't have the luxury of even going to a game.  I've never even been to a Falcons game.  I just think you being upset and posting this topic is a legit "look at me". 

Between this thread and the other thread about "not ever being a Falcons fan" some people really need to reevaluate their lives.  Like someone said before,  "it's a football game being played by somebody else", it's not the end of the world. Next Monday,  no matter who wins,  I'm going to get up,  go to work,  and do my job.  In the Petrino year,  we lost,  I got up and went to work.  After 28-3, yup, you guessed it,  I got up and went to work.  

There's more important things to worry about than "some inbred Taints fan might sit in my seat".

Eat a snickers FFS!

That's a better way of saying it and I can respect that.  

Like @VTCrunkler just said with being too emotional, i'm right there. And I don't want to "not" be there. 

A saint fan just told me he has been dealing with watching 9 SB of other teams host them in their house.  And it's finally became numb to him.  

For so long I've felt i needed to be there in so many ways. And now I'm questioning to turning into looking at it as another day.  

VTCrunkler likes this

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

That's a better way of saying it and I can respect that.  

Like @VTCrunkler just said with being too emotional, i'm right there. And I don't want to "not" be there. 

A saint fan just told me he has been dealing with watching 9 SB of other teams host them in their house.  And it's finally became numb to him.  

For so long I've felt i needed to be there in so many ways. And now I'm questioning to turning into looking at it as another day.  

That's a good point about the saints stadium and other teams playing sb there. 

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Fib is f'ing nuts but if the Saints win a SB in Atlanta just a few years after 28-3......That's gonna hurt folks. 

Half the fun of football is being able to talk ****. My **** talking would be pretty much nil after that. Just.... Nothing. 

Agree with this post.  Greatly agree I am nuts.  I don't have a mohawk for nothing.  

PokerSteve likes this

I'm like Crimson. I refuse to let the state of the Falcons affect me on a personal level. I'll still get up, kiss my wife, hug my kids and go about life as I normally do.  I'm not the one on the field calling or making plays. There's literally nothing I can do to control it. It's not my livlihood, nor is my responsibility.

I stepped back off the ledge when i saw the season spiraling out of control the first quarter of the season. Super Bowl hurt really bad as well.  I realized that I was too emotionally invested. There is definitely life outside if football.

8 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

If the saints win a ring in our stadium, I don't know how I will be. I literally question my loyalty to the falcons. Everyone knows I came from being a Steelers fan and that I enjoy football more than I enjoy being a falcon fan.  

Call me whatever for having this heartache feeling, but don't a single one of y'all deny it.  It's all crossed your mind subconsciously, and some of y'all can't see your own shadow. 

I honestly can't stand several members on TATF message boards. Majority of them sit on the couch and complain how no one goes to the stadium. Majority of them turned the TV off the year the packers destroyed us in the playoffs.  And I bet even some here did.  However I set in my seats, cheered and even applauded them at the end of that great season.  

However today it's weighing on me heavenly.  

I truly believe our team will be great with koetter and I can't wait to see it.  But I would feel disgusted knowing a saint fan set in my seat, cheered for POS team, and got a ring in our house.  

I have my psl. So I don't know what I'll do if the saints win a ring in it.  

PS i'm not saying i'm done being a fan. It could however push me over the edge of not being that one in the select few crowd who cheers on our falcons, due to not being there. 

PSS. Arthur better be putting a hit out on someone or throw money into having the best players. Because if the saints 28-3 move they did in their stadium got under his skin, this might put a nail in his coffin.  

PSSS. And if you want to tell me "bye felicia, see you next year, you're not a fan". Just know I've been screaming and applauding the falcons for a long time in their stadium while majority of y'all don't even attend training camp.  

I’ll be ticked. 

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

That's a good point about the saints stadium and other teams playing sb there. 

None of those SBs were the Falcons though...that’s what changes everything.

that said, if they play in the SB, I won’t watch the game, but will get over it quickly.

What a ridiculous thread!! What does saints winning it has to do with Falcons? What could they do to prevent it? The only thing Falcons could do to change that was to win it themselves, which they have never done anyway, so what’s new now?

vitaman and Plunket76 like this

8 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Some, like you, get it. I've gone years of going to training camp, and telling employees/clients they have to wait until after training camp.  And etc

It’s simple. Football is here to enjoy so enjoy it. I think maybe you hate the taints more than you love the falcons. Wich is ok. Don’t let that ruin what you luv. You just need to take a break. Luv usually always hurts at some point or other and while some of us are just rude a- holes most of us feel your pain and are here for you. Life will go on and we will rise. Eventually. I hope. 

Edited by falconfreak1

If the shoe was on the other foot, do you really think we would be focused about how sweet it would be to win the final game in Louisiana? Not me! I would be trying to figure out how the OC would scheme to get Julio 1 on 1 against their least physical cornerback or wondering if the off season moves to get a more powerful offensive line would pay dividends against a historically potent pass rush. The rest is just filler stories and distraction. It's about getting to the Super Bowl. It's then about winning it. Period.

46 minutes ago, falconfreak1 said:

It’s simple. Football is here to enjoy so enjoy it. I think maybe you hate the taints more than you love the falcons. Wich is ok. Don’t let that ruin what you luv. You just need to take a break. Luv usually always hurts at some point or other and while some of us are just rude a- holes most of us feel your pain and are here for you. Life will go on and we will rise. Eventually. I hope. 

Could be possible. I don't think so, but I should not be letting this get to me so badly. 

I agree, I need to take a break from how much energy/emotion I put into the Falcons. If not for the falcons photographer, I would have done gigs for free and not cared. 

10 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

If the saints win a ring in our stadium, I don't know how I will be. I literally question my loyalty to the falcons. Everyone knows I came from being a Steelers fan and that I enjoy football more than I enjoy being a falcon fan.  

Call me whatever for having this heartache feeling, but don't a single one of y'all deny it.  It's all crossed your mind subconsciously, and some of y'all can't see your own shadow. 

I honestly can't stand several members on TATF message boards. Majority of them sit on the couch and complain how no one goes to the stadium. Majority of them turned the TV off the year the packers destroyed us in the playoffs.  And I bet even some here did.  However I set in my seats, cheered and even applauded them at the end of that great season.  

However today it's weighing on me heavenly.  

I truly believe our team will be great with koetter and I can't wait to see it.  But I would feel disgusted knowing a saint fan set in my seat, cheered for POS team, and got a ring in our house.  

I have my psl. So I don't know what I'll do if the saints win a ring in it.  

PS i'm not saying i'm done being a fan. It could however push me over the edge of not being that one in the select few crowd who cheers on our falcons, due to not being there. 

PSS. Arthur better be putting a hit out on someone or throw money into having the best players. Because if the saints 28-3 move they did in their stadium got under his skin, this might put a nail in his coffin.  

PSSS. And if you want to tell me "bye felicia, see you next year, you're not a fan". Just know I've been screaming and applauding the falcons for a long time in their stadium while majority of y'all don't even attend training camp.  

What exactly is it you want the team to do. To make this better for you.not sell tickets to the super bowl IF the saints happen to be in it? 

No one controls who plays in that game..and for all you know it may be the afc fans in your seat...how would you know exactly??

Trust me I get the feeling..I hope the rams put them out 

The Falcons have no control over what happens over the next few weeks, with that in mind I have no idea how the outcome of those games would impact how one roots for the Falcons.  Then again, I don't understand switching from one team to the other in the first place so I guess it just goes to show we're all different.

I'm a Falcons' fan, it is what it is. 

anewton likes this

10 hours ago, Pay the Zebra said:

This. NFL fans are hooked on the league's crack. No one leaves unless they die.

Soccer is looking pretty good right now. That United championship game was pretty fun to watch and it wasn't interrupted every 10 seconds with penalties. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Soccer flows watching it.I had tried in the past to watch soccer but it did not click till now.

Getting annoyed with the NFL where nearly every play has a penalty. Even College football flows a lot better cause their aren't as many penalties.

Either you are a FAN or NOT one.

Its not that complicated!

You can vent, boycott games, break your tv sets, jump in joy,  drive over 100mph get a citation when Falcons & offense annihilate Saints next year......

You can do it all by BEING ONE or just STFU! 

12 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Either you are a FAN or NOT one.

Its not that complicated!

You can vent, boycott games, break your tv sets, jump in joy,  drive over 100mph get a citation when Falcons & offense annihilate Saints next year......

You can do it all by BEING ONE or just STFU! 

BS, you can be a fan and then after decades of disappointment reassess your fandom and or interest in the team.

We aren't robots. Not all teams deserve or have earned un dying perpetual devotion forever. Certainly no team in Ga has earned it.

Everyone is entitled to "fan" their own way. Personally I've spent a lot of this year re-training my brain to not think this way Fib. I was rooting for the Saints to lose last weekend but when they didn't, it didn't affect me more than 10 min later. I feel healthier because of it.

I'm also treating the Falcons more like any other business. I own lots of Falcons gear and spent money going to games just to watch them disappoint. The last 5 games I attended over the last several years they have lost. I've decided I will no longer buy any more gear or spend any more money going to games until they deliver a championship. I wouldn't spend loads of money on any other product that disappointed me over and over so why should the Falcons be any different? Still love the team and will still wear the gear, watch them on TV, and discuss things with you fine folks here, but they don't get my money. 

Get into Soccer if you can. We have a championship team that's committed to winning and when you really learn what you're watching, it's not even boring. 

11 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I'm dropping the NFL as a whole if the Saints win a SB here. Tired of our teams failure and tired of Katrina refs. This will be it for me, completely done with this crappy team and crappy league.

This almost makes me want to root for the Saints...almost...

Iron Saint likes this