Sidecar Falcon

Munchak to Broncos

24 posts in this topic

I think this speaks volumes about how much of a mess there is in Pittsburg. Munchak is making a lateral move to Denver, who doesn't have a good QB to protect.

58 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think this speaks volumes about how much of a mess there is in Pittsburg. Munchak is making a lateral move to Denver, who doesn't have a good QB to protect.

Steelers are seriously turning into, for a lack of better words, a **** hole. Bell is gonna be gone, who the heck knows what’s going on with Brown, and Big Ben is about to retire. The team has so much talent, but even more drama. They should’ve done a Hard Knocks season on them, that would’ve been the most interesting one ever. 

WhenFalconsWin and 1989Fan like this

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Steelers are seriously turning into, for a lack of better words, a **** hole. Bell is gonna be gone, who the heck knows what’s going on with Brown, and Big Ben is about to retire. The team has so much talent, but even more drama. They should’ve done a Hard Knocks season on them, that would’ve been the most interesting one ever. 

But the Falcons should be just like the Steelers. They've got 6 Super Bowl wins!!

Knight of God likes this

5 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Hopefully we get some sort of decent blocking this season from our OL. Not sure if Ryan can take much more of a beating than he already has. 

The stats he puts up while consistently being one of the most hit QBs in the league is just amazing. He has made some absolutely horrible OL look decent with his quick decision making and release. If Ryan had Brees protection, he'd have Brees production.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

The stats he puts up while consistently being one of the most hit QBs in the league is just amazing. He has made some absolutely horrible OL look decent with his quick decision making and release. If Ryan had Brees protection, he'd have Brees production.

Honestly it’s more about the OC than the OL. A good OC (I.e Shanny or Peyton) will create plays for the QB. How many bad years had Brees had with Peyton?

1 hour ago, primetime said:

Honestly it’s more about the OC than the OL. A good OC (I.e Shanny or Peyton) will create plays for the QB. How many bad years had Brees had with Peyton?

How many bad offensive lines have the Saints had with Brees? They've always got a great OL. Their ability to develop OL talent over the years makes me so jealous, and it's not from years of picking offensive linemen high in the draft. Most of the guys they've used over the years have been low round picks and undrafted guys. They just develop them to their full potential and reap the benefits.

BTW, just looking at the Saints drafts over the years, that 2006 draft is one of the best any team has ever had. They made 8 picks that year and 6 of the 8 played at least 10 years in the NFL. Those players were Reggie Bush, Roman Harper, Jahri Evans, Rob Ninkovich, Zach Strief, and Marques Colston. Not many teams can say they drafted 6 guys in one single draft that ended up playing at least 10 years in the NFL.

I had no clue they drafted Rob Ninkovich and that he even played for them for 1 year and the Dolphins for 2 years before he ended up with the Patriots where Bill Belichick turned him into a stud. That's one of the things that makes Belichick great. He takes guys that no one else can find a use for and turns them into good to great players.

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 hours ago, primetime said:

How many bad lines has he had?

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many bad offensive lines have the Saints had with Brees? They've always got a great OL. Their ability to develop OL talent over the years makes me so jealous, and it's not from years of picking offensive linemen high in the draft. Most of the guys they've used over the years have been low round picks and undrafted guys. They just develop them to their full potential and reap the benefits.

BTW, just looking at the Saints drafts over the years, that 2006 draft is one of the best any team has ever had. They made 8 picks that year and 6 of the 8 played at least 10 years in the NFL. Those players were Reggie Bush, Roman Harper, Jahri Evans, Rob Ninkovich, Zach Strief, and Marques Colston. Not many teams can say they drafted 6 guys in one single draft that ended up playing at least 10 years in the NFL.

I had no clue they drafted Rob Ninkovich and that he even played for them for 1 year and the Dolphins for 2 years before he ended up with the Patriots where Bill Belichick turned him into a stud. That's one of the things that makes Belichick great. He takes guys that no one else can find a use for and turns them into good to great players.

LOL - sorry didn't see your response.    Great minds think alike.

But even though the line is the most important piece (as well as a run game)  there is something to be said for consistency too - most of the really great QB's have had consistency with their play callers.    Ryan hasn't had that luxury.

Part of what happened to the Eagles against the Saints is that they totally went away from their run game and the defense had every opportunity to make plays.

4 hours ago, primetime said:

Ryan hasn’t had any bad years in his career. 

If we apply TATF logic to Brees, same-same, then we can talk about all those 7-9 seasons. If we want to say Brees still performed well those years, well, Matt Ryan did too. 

Lornoth, Falconsin2012 and runshoot like this

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But the Falcons should be just like the Steelers. They've got 6 Super Bowl wins!!

To be certain all we want are team captains and choir boys. no purple. All Hail kroy beirman, amirite?

8 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

If you dig a little deeper you'll see that he went in large part because his daughter and grandchild live in Denver. 

6 hours ago, osiruz said:

He's pretty much an oc now.

Can you provide the link for this statement, I would be interested in reading it. Everything I’m reading is saying it’s just a lateral movement. 

28 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Can you provide the link for this statement, I would be interested in reading it. Everything I’m reading is saying it’s just a lateral movement. 

He isn’t.  Shanny just pissed me off and caved in for Elway.  They interview Rich Scangarello, 49ers QB Coach today.  He will be hired and go onto a great career IMO.

Shannahan blocked the interview earlier in the week.  I wonder why he gave in?  He also blocked LaFleur & McDaniel earlier in the week.  I bet LaFleur gets promoted to QB Coach & McDaniel to OC

Edited by Falconsin2012

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He isn’t.  Shanny just pissed me off and caved in for Elway.  They interview Rich Scangarello, 49ers QB Coach today.  He will be hired and go onto a great career IMO.

Shannahan blocked the interview earlier in the week.  I wonder why he gave in?  He also blocked LaFleur & McDaniel earlier in the week.  I bet LaFleur gets promoted to QB Coach & McDaniel to OC

Broncos seem to be building a dominate staff. Saw an article that said something along the lines of Munchak taking the job because of more money and family. We probably could have outbidded Denver if we chose to, but the family aspect is a tough one to overcome. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

If we apply TATF logic to Brees, same-same, then we can talk about all those 7-9 seasons. If we want to say Brees still performed well those years, well, Matt Ryan did too. 

Brees may not have had any "bad years" with the Saints but he did with the Chargers. In 2003 the Chargers went 4-12 and Brees started 11 games and went 2-9. He had more interceptions than touchdowns that year.

• 205/356 (57.6%), 2108 YDS (5.9), 11 TD, 15 INT, 67.5 QB Rating

That is why the Chargers went out and got Philip Rivers the very next year. Brees wasn't long for San Diego regardless of him getting hurt. Even if he hadn't gotten hurt in 2005 the Chargers weren't going to keep him. What's funny is that the very next year, after the Chargers got Rivers, Brees flipped the script and had 27 TD and only 7 INT and the Chargers went 12-4. One of those losses was against the Falcons. Falcons and all their glory beat the 12-4 Chargers and lost to the 4-12 Lions that year. SMDH!

JDaveG likes this

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I mean, 6 Super Bowls would definitely make me feel better if my team wasn’t doing well. 

6 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I mean, 6 Super Bowls would definitely make me feel better if my team wasn’t doing well. 

Super Bowls from years ago means nothing. But the point was the Steelers haven't always been a "model" franchise.

19 hours ago, Tandy said:

How many bad lines has he had?

I can only tell you how many good play callers Brees has had - 1. Imagine Ryan’s numbers if he had Shanny for 10 seasons and not a different coordinator and different play callervevery second year

19 hours ago, JDaveG said:

This is not a slight on Matt In fact it’s the opposite. I’m saying what would Matt’s numbers be if he had Shanny for 10 years and Brees had 5 different OCs and subsequent playbooks. We’d be talking more about Ryan as the greatest of all time and Breed like an above average QB

JDaveG likes this