SoCalFalconFan

ThIs Team Needs New Uniforms

102 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I actually like the Colts unis.  They don't show well on TV but in person the blue really stands out.

Indianapolis Colts: Projected depth chart after NFL Draft

Oh I didn't say I didn't like them necessarily. I just said they are boring. Very plain. And that's ok. My point is that franchises can do whatever they want with uniforms. Fans will still rock the jerseys and hats and cheer their heads off. Jacksonville is the only team I've seen actually drop the ball with uniforms and they ended up correcting it lol. 

octoslash likes this

34 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

White looks weak.

No way. Classic look. Silver is dated. And the cowboys...gross.

17 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Not sure why uniforms are such a big deal to everyone. Is this football or fashion? :D

There are just so many iconic uniforms in football that have basically stayed the same and are classic:

Raiders, Cowboys, Niners, Colts, Bears, Packers, Giants, Redskins, etc.

I don’t love all of the above but I appreciate that they are classic unis with little change to the basic design.

SoCalFalconFan likes this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

There are just so many iconic uniforms in football that have basically stayed the same and are classic:

I don’t love all of the above but I appreciate that they are classic unis with little change to the basic design.

Our uniforms look like crap because we play like crap.  The clown outfits are fitting.  

When we get the LOS straight, we can worry about the color schemes.  

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

They are some of the best uniforms in the game too, especially CHI, OAK, IND

43 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Not sure why uniforms are such a big deal to everyone. Is this football or fashion? :D

Idk there are some truly hideous uniforms out there. Want to cheer on Falcons in these:

286b1d58-f4ea-46fe-9147-885390d66e6d-BW_

c07d5fc3-e01f-46ff-9ce0-a4300c10700b-USP

c89cdb6a-0866-4662-be16-4fe1e88f226c-AP_

e37d7551-155c-4a48-8a64-441c12d7c1c5-USP

:barf:

Falconsfan567 likes this

I would be fine with the red and white or the black and silver.  Either one would be classic, and should not be changed ever. Uniforms make a statement, your identity.  Cowboys, Packers etc, are recognized internationally .  

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Gimme those red ones with the black numbers and black helmets they look good.

Red jerseys with black numbers? Please no!! God no!! Look at the Browns if you want to see just how bad that would look. Browns uniforms actually look really good except for the stupid orange numbers on the brown jerseys, which then forces them to use a white outline to differentiate the difference.That just makes it look awful. There's only two teams that can pull off having colored numbers on top of colored jerseys and that is the Raiders (because silver is close enough to white that it stands out and they don't have to use an outline) and the Rams because yellow dramatically stands out against the blue background, which also means they don't have to use an outline. Black is too dark of a color and would then force you to use white as an outline against the red jerseys to make it stand out and that will just make it look ugly.

KISS and go back to either of these looks!! Don't care which one, but either one would look bad ***!!

OPTION 1 - HOME & AWAY

1242a4a0844365c2d267a4ea65909405.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQttenKShJGiPEVfEJ3fiU

OPTION 2 - HOME & AWAY

steve_bartkowski_1981_10_18.jpg

9-steve-bartkowski-qb_pg_600.jpg?w=447&h

marvinthemartian and putnam6 like this

5 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

In before, “We need to win games first.” LOL

I agree though, the uniforms are dated. 

Maybe we will win more games if we change uniforms. 

4 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

Oh yeah I see now!! That is a significant change!!! They are unveiling a new uniform this weekend but just an alternate I’m sure. They won 14 straight divisions in the current unis...why would they change?

Don't know if you're joking on why they made that subtle change or not, but the reason they did it was so that the onscreen graphics used on printouts and on TV would be the exact same color used on the uniforms. Prior to the change there was subtle differences in the colors in the way they appeared on printed materials and on TV graphics compared of the on field uniforms.

3 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

These throwbacks right here, with the new logo on them, or with the silver pants and maybe all black socks... and I would be right as rain. 

image16_1476901629923_6551467_ver1.0.jpg

These, but with the red helmets!!

SoCalFalconFan and Ergo Proxy like this

I think blank is too stubborn for a change with him changing them after he came in, we've had a better win percentage for a while than previous years, so I think he feels he doesn't see a need... 

3 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Make the throwbacks from 2009-12 the permanent uniforms.   Black jersey, white pants, red helmet with the old logo.   It’s traditional and unique.  

The problem with ‘hip’ designs like the current unis is that they start looking dated fast.   The Falcons current look is very mid-2000s. 

Reminds me of the 90s when many college and NFL teams thought it was dope to shadow outlines on their jersey numbers. That was a terrible fad. As terrible as the 90s fad in MLB for half the teams to start wearing black jerseys with cutoff sleeves even though the majority of the teams that did it (i.e. Mets, Royals, Reds) didn't even have black as one of their colors. That was so awful. Glad when that died out as well.

1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

White looks weak.

Looks weak? OMG!! What a dumb argument for not wanting white. That's as dumb as "black is intimidating!"

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

I actually like the Colts unis.  They don't show well on TV but in person the blue really stands out.

Indianapolis Colts: Projected depth chart after NFL Draft

They used to look even better when they had blue face masks and white shoes back in the 90s.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Actually the Redskins have changed uniforms many times in their history and the 49ers used a dark shade of red for several years in the late 90s and early 2000s before going back to the bright red that Joe Montana made famous in the 80s. The Redskins just always kept the same colors but their helmet and logo have changed many times.

Washington+Redskins+1200.jpg

But I do agree with what you're saying. Give me the classic old school look over the crap teams like the Dolphins, Jaguars, Bucs, and Seahawks wear now days.

It is way too early in our offseason to whine about uniforms.  Should wait till the post draft doldrums when we have nothing else to talk about.  

4 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

It is way too early in our offseason to whine about uniforms.  Should wait till the post draft doldrums when we have nothing else to talk about.  

Hey, speak for yourself... I mean... okay that's what you just did. LOL! 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Red jerseys with black numbers? Please no!! God no!! Look at the Browns if you want to see just how bad that would look. Browns uniforms actually look really good except for the stupid orange numbers on the brown jerseys, which then forces them to use a white outline to differentiate the difference.That just makes it look awful. There's only two teams that can pull off having colored numbers on top of colored jerseys and that is the Raiders (because silver is close enough to white that it stands out and they don't have to use an outline) and the Rams because yellow dramatically stands out against the blue background, which also means they don't have to use an outline. Black is too dark of a color and would then force you to use white as an outline against the red jerseys to make it stand out and that will just make it look ugly.

KISS and go back to either of these looks!! Don't care which one, but either one would look bad ***!!

OPTION 1 - HOME & AWAY

1242a4a0844365c2d267a4ea65909405.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQttenKShJGiPEVfEJ3fiU

OPTION 2 - HOME & AWAY

steve_bartkowski_1981_10_18.jpg

9-steve-bartkowski-qb_pg_600.jpg?w=447&h

I'm in !!

marvinthemartian likes this

18 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Think about our draft pics holding up the new uniform ! Be an awesome way to unveil it.

If this team is going to play with a new attitude like Quinn stated, they should get new uniforms to help set the tone. Blank would be an idiot not too. More money from everyone buying the new merchandise and would give us something to get excited about after a down season.