SoCalFalconFan

ThIs Team Needs New Uniforms

102 posts in this topic

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

As far as the “new” uniforms go, I wouldn’t expect any major changes to the home-and-away set.

Nah. The word "refresh" alludes to small changes. 

1966,1972,1980 or1991 minor tweeks use the new logo etc. Id be fine with any of those. Get rid of all the swooshes and piping,the simpler the better.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Any player who would be intimidated by an all black uniform is a player I don't want on my team.

"OMG, I'm scared to play them -- their clothing is so frightening!"

You bastige, you read my mind. You don't happen to know the Powerball numbers do ya? :lol:

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

Uniforms belong to the Old XFL standards.  Blank and Co need a new design department.  They bring no flare, no flash, just trash to the franchise.  That's how I feel.  They can't even get a Billion dollar stadium to look perfect.  They force things on the stadium that don't look good.  Fix the uniforms, fix the stadium, fix the franchise, simple

I've been gone from AFMB so long I forgot what a delight your posts were to read. 

Make the throwbacks from 2009-12 the permanent uniforms.   Black jersey, white pants, red helmet with the old logo.   It’s traditional and unique.  

The problem with ‘hip’ designs like the current unis is that they start looking dated fast.   The Falcons current look is very mid-2000s. 

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

These throwbacks right here, with the new logo on them, or with the silver pants and maybe all black socks... and I would be right as rain. 

image16_1476901629923_6551467_ver1.0.jpg

I could dig that. And I'm actually a fan of the color rush jerseys. I think they'd be a pretty sick alternate jersey over the gray pants like you just pointed out

SoCalFalconFan likes this

These throwbacks right here, with the new logo on them, or with the silver pants and maybe all black socks... and I would be right as rain. 

I agree. Give me this look with silver pants and the latest logo. Maybe silver numbers outlined in red as well.

This one too..home and away

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I want to go back to all black, I want us to intimidate our opponents and this would be a start

All black is for High school..............and the Saints. 

17 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I could dig that. And I'm actually a fan of the color rush jerseys. I think they'd be a pretty sick alternate jersey over the gray pants like you just pointed out

Color Rush SUCKS !  Look like clown costumes.  I would be embarrassed to go on the field like that.

Just now, g-dawg said:

kind of like the black and the silver as well.  not that much like the Raiders since numbering is white and the red stripe on the pants.

Image result for falcons all black uniforms

Those are the best !

Ergo Proxy and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, HMFIC said:

Color Rush SUCKS !  Look like clown costumes.  I would be embarrassed to go on the field like that.

Just the jerseys man. Not the pants or socks. Just the jerseys. 

Just now, HMFIC said:

Color Rush is one color, pants and jerseys.

What I'm saying is I think the color rush jerseys would look cool over gray or white pants. I agree that the color rush uniforms look dorky. But I actually like the jerseys.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Fans read way too much into things that don't matter. Uniforms is one of them. The Colts and Packers have the most boring uniforms in all of football. It doesn't matter. 

I actually like the Colts unis.  They don't show well on TV but in person the blue really stands out.

Indianapolis Colts: Projected depth chart after NFL Draft

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I'll chime in as always to agree that I'm sick to death of these clown outfits we wear. They wreak of 'just got in the league and need a gimmick'. My most recent jersey is the throwback. It's the only one I'll wear.   Let's do either our throwbacks full time or do a modernized version of our classic red,red, silver/white  look of the Bart/Arch era. 

steve_bartkowski_1981_10_18.jpg

This is from my youth; would love to see them come back. 

No silver pants...yuck. white looks good.