HMFIC

Kubiak is interviewing

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

People could say Quinn wasn’t patient because he said he wanted to interview coaches currently in the playoffs.  I think he wanted to talk to Rams Passing Game Coordinator, Shane Waldron...But I’m good with Koetter so who cares.  

Preferred Bevell, but such is life

If he wanted to interview and potentially hire coaches currently in the playoffs, wouldn't that mean that he was indeed being patient or am I looking at it wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

How can you ask if the Falcons were too impatient if they were initially blocked from interviewing him?

You know how ish goes around here man. Facts get overlooked, and scenarios are spun out of peoples heads all the time. The Falcons were blocked, yet impatient b/c they somehow decided to move on. It's obvious they wanted Kubiak, or an OC without HC aspirations. They had to get some exp at the OC and couldn't afford to screw around and left w/o anyone. If that happens, then it's "why the Falcons wait so long and lose out on (insert OC here)?"

ya_boi_j and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If he wanted to interview and potentially hire coaches currently in the playoffs, wouldn't that mean that he was indeed being patient or am I looking at it wrong?

Only if one was a potential OC he wanted.   Shane Waldron fits the bill.  He never interviewed any of these playoff coaches which  is why one could say he was impatient.  But I’m good with the moves

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danny C said:

Why don’t the Falcons just request another interview for Kubiak and hire him as a passing coordinator?

Kubiak wants OC and will bring his staff to fill the role you suggested.  And Morris has done well as our Pass Game Coordinator

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Only if one was a potential OC he wanted.   Shane Waldron fits the bill.  He never interviewed any of these playoff coaches which  is why one could say he was impatient.  But I’m good with the moves

Kubiak wasn't in the playoffs though. Fluff it

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

You know how ish goes around here man. Facts get overlooked, and scenarios are spun out of peoples heads all the time. The Falcons were blocked, yet impatient b/c they somehow decided to move on. It's obvious they wanted Kubiak, or an OC without HC aspirations. They had to get some exp at the OC and couldn't afford to screw around and left w/o anyone. If that happens, then it's "why the Falcons wait so long and lose out on (insert OC here)?"

true

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I fault Kubiak on not being immediately assertive enough with Elway (and us) on his desires.  There is no way he would choose JAX and Bortles over the embarrassment of riches in Atlanta.

Unless....Kubiak sees DQ as a 'lame duck' coach.   Or perhaps Kubiak found out the Falcons are moving away from the outside ZBS, to more inside running.

Either one could have kept Kubiak away from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, octoslash said:

:huh:

This generation of emo projecting will do them wonders in life.:tiphat:

Sometimes “life” happens and hindsight is a poor tool when used incorrectly.

What did we learn? Nothing has changed just what might have been if he were an option when we were looking into options.

The gamble is ridiculous to suggest we “should” have known he would become available.

Generation “I need a point to feel good about myself” needs to lose sleep over it.

Grow up folks. It’s a competitive industry.

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Kubiak wasn't in the playoffs though. Fluff it

I’m not talking about Kubiak.  I’m talking about Waldron.    Peopje are saying if we waited to interview Waldron, we could now talk to Kubs.  Garbage argument but it is what it is

Edited by Falconsin2012
ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Unless....Kubiak sees DQ as a 'lame duck' coach.   Or perhaps Kubiak found out the Falcons are moving away from the outside ZBS, to more inside running.

Either one could have kept Kubiak away from here.

Or maybe it had nothing to do with football and he didn't want to live in Atlanta? Not sure why people never take things like that into consideration. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’m not talking about Kubiak.  I’m talking about Waldron.    Peopje are saying if we waited to interview Waldron, we could now talk to Kubs.  Garbage argument but it is what it is

fluff it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Or maybe it had nothing to do with football and he didn't want to live in Atlanta? Not sure why people never take things like that into consideration. 

He never was a materialized option for us so everything is mere speculation anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Danny C said:

Why don’t the Falcons just request another interview for Kubiak and hire him as a passing coordinator?

Because you are now putting Koetter in the unwanted position of being a weird co-offensive head (not to mention Knapp still sitting at the same table).  The two of them will be pre-destined to not get along - Along with the peeps each one hires.  Two separate camps, one toxic situation.  

You basically have to fire Koetter to get Kubiak any where near Atlanta at this point.

Edited by Maltese Falcon
Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

It's kinda like going to the dance with the average looking girl but then you hear the fine chic wants to go to the dance with you.. What do you do

The other day you were talking about morals and being true to your word on freaking injury reports... This shouldn't even be a question for such a morally superior being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elway blocked Kubiak because he wanted him as OC.  This gave whoever the new coach an established OC who is loved by the team and fans.

Fangio and Kubiak didn't agree on certain things in their meeting and Fangio didn't offer the position to him.  Supposedly Kubiak wanted certain other coaches on staff and Fangio didn't want a packaged deal.

Since Kubiak is not wanted by the new HC, Elway removed the block.

At no point did the Falcons do anything wrong.  People speculating instead of doing five minutes of research.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick with Koetter, I don't want to imagine the karma that would come if we somehow got out of the Koetter contract for Kubiak at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cole World said:

Koetter is our OC. They got who they wanted.

 

4 hours ago, EJmusic said:

How were they impatient when they had him blocked. You can't see the future.

This is how I feel.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

I don't believe the Falcons were impatient at all. I think the Falcons were led to believe that Kubiak would be staying in Denver and that other candidates were getting HC jobs. The Falcons acted accordingly. 

now now, as you hang around longer, you'll realize that logic and common sense are neither welcome, wanted nor understood here...but thanks for trying  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, papachaz said:

now now, as you hang around longer, you'll realize that logic and common sense are neither welcome, wanted nor understood here...but thanks for trying  ;)

But we need entertainment.

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now