HMFIC

Kubiak is interviewing

53 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

..................with the Jags for OC position, per PFF.  Did he just not want to come here, or were  the falcons too impatient /

Elway wanted to screw us over yet again and did not relent on Kubiak until we made another hire.

2 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

..................with the Jags for OC position, per PFF.  Did he just not want to come here, or were  the falcons too impatient /

I don't believe the Falcons were impatient at all. I think the Falcons were led to believe that Kubiak would be staying in Denver and that other candidates were getting HC jobs. The Falcons acted accordingly. 

There is a reason Kubiak left Denver. I would too if my best options were denied by a power move that disrespected what I was able to do for the franchise in very recent history.

Problem is Elway was throwing his own weight around.

Why live in hindsight land? We had other things more in OUR control that in hindsight hurt us more than this imaginary possibility will or will not.

KS.jpg.63aa9f746654da3858c4383f8e31c5af.jpg

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Elway wanted to screw us over yet again and did not relent on Kubiak until we made another hire.

Or Kubiak was being strung along by Elway for his own reasons and once his options outside the Broncos; not just the Falcons, were gone he realized he didn’t want to do business with John at the controls of his own future anymore.

I’d leave too! I won my SBs why stay if it’s about Keenum or Bortles? At least Tom Coughlin would respect me.

/thread 

“Can’t let Elway control us” Said teams that signed up other coaches before Kubiak ever materialized as an option. Denver blocked. We can’t even interview the guy.

vel likes this

15 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Flacco will join him in Jax

Cole World likes this

18 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

What's done is done. I think we will be better off in the long run anyway.

I agree.

Kubiak would need to reinvent his approach as a playcaller still.

His most recent success was as a HC.

He would have likely been the best option but there are other good playcallers and offensive minds. Matt Ryan isn’t so reliant on system that an OC has to string along every ounce of potential. What we need is a competent group that knows its players, attacking a defense in all situations(beyond the scripted game plans) and a fixed OL.

Kubiak would’ve potentially been icing on the cake but that is neither here nor there.

I can’t wait to see what a motivated Koetter, Mularkey with his skill set, and even Knapp can produce when they put their minds together for months and months.

Step 1) OL

Edited by Ergo Proxy
TNFalcon1 likes this

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Or Kubiak was being strung along by Elway for his own reasons and once his options outside the Broncos; not just the Falcons, were gone he realized he didn’t want to do business with John at the controls of his own future anymore.

I’d leave too! I won my SBs why stay if it’s about Keemun or Bortles? At least Tom Coughlin would respect me.

/thread 

“Can’t let Elway control us” Said teams that signed up other coaches before Kubiak ever materialized as an option. Denver blocked. We can’t even interview the guy.

Elway didn’t string him along.  Kubiak died on the Dennison hill.  Elway would not allow Dennison back..with good reason

Edited by Falconsin2012
Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Elway didn’t string him along.  Kubiak died on the Dennison hill.  Elway would not allow Dennison back..with good reason

Ok I don’t know the whole story there so I treated it more like a “cover” excuse to save face as a given reason for parting ways.

If I’m Kubiak and was only coming back to be an OC, then yes I’m going by my terms only given my pedigree.

Falconsin2012 likes this

35 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Falcons were desperate and caved in to fear of unknown.

Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

How can you ask if the Falcons were too impatient if they were initially blocked from interviewing him?

People could say Quinn wasn’t patient enough because he said he wanted to interview coaches currently in the playoffs.  I think he wanted to talk to the Rams Passing Game Coordinator, Shane Waldron...But I’m good with Koetter so who cares.  

Preferred Bevell, but such is life

Edited by Falconsin2012