mdrake34

True Detective Season 3 Spoilers Thread

83 posts in this topic

Already better than season 2.  Liking Stephen Dorff as a cop so far, I've always just associated him with Deacon Frost from Blade.  Red herrings abound, and multiple time periods, classic Pizzolatto.

AF89 likes this

8 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I skipped season 2 but it sounds like from you guys it's a pass. Just go straight into season 3 then?

Season 2 had one good episode, and Colin Farrell was a great drunk, but otherwise hard pass.

SpongeDad likes this

finished doing a 2nd rewatch

If anybody has a partial copy of the back of Mrs. Hays book I'd love to see it (he holds it in his hands towards the end of the first episode but HBOGO is being a pain in the *** about it and keeps putting a dashboard in the way when i pause it)

I hesitate to go to reddit cause while I like examining the clues I feel like they may have just straight up spoilers

3 hours ago, AF89 said:

finished doing a 2nd rewatch

If anybody has a partial copy of the back of Mrs. Hays book I'd love to see it (he holds it in his hands towards the end of the first episode but HBOGO is being a pain in the *** about it and keeps putting a dashboard in the way when i pause it)

I hesitate to go to reddit cause while I like examining the clues I feel like they may have just straight up spoilers

" LIFE AND DEATH AND THE HARVEST MOON: Murder, a Child Abduction, and the Community It Destroyed."

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-13%20at%207.50.1

12 hours ago, AF89 said:

They gonna railroad poor John Redcorn aren't they :sadwave:

Equal chance they West Memphis 3 the **** out of the teens. They mentioned the family seeking to overturn it in 1990, seems the teens would be more likely there, but maybe his kids/wife come back into the picture if he's prosecuted.

3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Equal chance they West Memphis 3 the **** out of the teens. They mentioned the family seeking to overturn it in 1990, seems the teens would be more likely there, but maybe his kids/wife come back into the picture if he's prosecuted.

yeah but it looks like he's going to be lynched. Also sounds like they only prosecuted one person. 

6 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

" LIFE AND DEATH AND THE HARVEST MOON: Murder, a Child Abduction, and the Community It Destroyed."

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-13%20at%207.50.1

Stupid thumbs

Sounds like West Finger is in for a rough ride

So far after 2 episodes the suspects are the teenagers, the go-cart garbage man, and the kid's uncle. I feel like the real killer hasn't been introduced yet in the show.

This is Stephen Dorff's best role. Mahershala Ali will win the academy award this year for best actor in a show/drama, bank on it. 

mdrake34 likes this

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

So far after 2 episodes the suspects are the teenagers, the go-cart garbage man, and the kid's uncle. I feel like the real killer hasn't been introduced yet in the show.

This is Stephen Dorff's best role. Mahershala Ali will win the academy award this year for best actor in a show/drama, bank on it. 

I need to see the Green Book now.

SpongeDad likes this

4 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

I need to see the Green Book now.

I haven't seen it either. I'll watch it tonight while I'm waiting for the next episode. He's such a believable actor it makes me want to watch everything he's starred in.

biloxifalcon likes this

7 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Yeah based on previous seasons the killer will be a peripheral character. If its someone we've met then my shot in the dark is that hispanic-ish older lady who waved at the kids as they rode off and was later seen comforting the mom. Clearly a friend of the family, possibly on this halloween route and I can see her being into this weird straw doll ****, who poses bodies, (tho someone else probably does the actual killing, maybe its a son she covers for and the dolls are supposed to comfort the victims souls or whatever)

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

Yeah based on previous seasons the killer will be a peripheral character. If its someone we've met then my shot in the dark is that hispanic-ish older lady who waved at the kids as they rode off and was later seen comforting the mom. Clearly a friend of the family, possibly on this halloween route and I can see her being into this weird straw doll ****, who poses bodies, (tho someone else probably does the actual killing, maybe its a son she covers for and the dolls are supposed to comfort the victims souls or whatever)

I didn't consider her. What you're saying does make a lot of sense. You are a true detective my friend (and favorite son).

AF89 likes this

On 1/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, SpongeDad said:

I didn't consider her. What you're saying does make a lot of sense. You are a true detective my friend (and favorite son).

dead @ your new avatar

AF89 and SpongeDad like this

Was the trash man moving a body?  Looked smallish.  I feel like he was memorizing that guy’s face to get him later.  He might be the one they charged and convicted in ‘80. 

26 minutes ago, dmite said:

Was the trash man moving a body?  Looked smallish.  I feel like he was memorizing that guy’s face to get him later.  He might be the one they charged and convicted in ‘80. 

I think your meant to think it's a body, I'm wondering if it might be a  heavily bundled service rifle

Frankly I keep waiting for him to go all First Blood on the town

dmite likes this

Just now, AF89 said:

I think your meant to think it's a body, I'm wondering if it might be a service rifle

Frankly I keep waiting for him to go all First Blood on the town

Yeah, when he was first grabbing it, I thought it was a rifle, then it looked like more than that in the bag.  

This girl interviewing 2015 Hayes is going to jog some wild memories from him.  Wonder what he’s got hidden away in his memory that’s going to help break the case. 

In addition to peripheral characters, I've seen speculation the Hoyt Foods people may be involved, Mrs. Purcell had a guilty look on her face when talking about it, and it makes sense they would have a nicer vehicle than anyone in the town that was spotted driving around.

Also speculation that Hays' wife if the killer. :ninja:

14 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Also speculation that Hays' wife if the killer. :ninja:

Sounds even less likely than when people theorized Marty's father in law was involved in the killings in season 1.