Falcons Fan MVP

Have you ever wished you would have never became a Falcons fan?

92 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, apl2g said:

If I quit being a Falcons fan I would quit watching football. I get pissed at this team but could never root for another team. But I have come seriously close to just not watching football anymore 

The feeling's mutual

apl2g likes this

16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I love my Falcons. They sure do put us through a lot of heart ache. I've heard Falcons fans say can I Quit this team when they get mad at them. Has any of you ever come close to seriously leaving the Falcons as a fan? Even temporarily? Has any of you ever secretly wished you would have never became a Falcons fan? Even for a day? I am very curious. 

There have been lots of times I wish I never even heard of this team, been a fan since the 70's, but when I look back it's not been all bad, I've seen some of footballs best players play in a Falcons uniform and would be in the HOF had they played elsewhere.    

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

14 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yes, I wish I was born in another state so I could be a sports fan of another group of teams.

I love sports I have no ties or pull to any other sports teams so it doesn't make sense to just pick random teams to root for. I was born here so I'm stuck with these losers.

Over my life I've grown to loathe all GA sports teams. They are just horrible, they always choke and only do well to lull you into having hope so they can crush you in a more painful way at a later time.

If it were up to me the Falcons, Hawks and Braves would be shipped to other cities and we'd start over with expansion teams. This worked out pretty well with GA United.

So yea I hate our sports teams and want them gone.

GA sports really do leave a very very very bad taste in your mouth

13 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

No, but it does worry me that I might go my whole life and not see them win a championship. Might never get so close as 2016 again. I'm approaching middle age so I'd like to think there's plenty of years left to win, but some teams never do.

I feel you, I'm 55 and a fan since the 70's, and I strongly feel I won't live to see the Falcons win the title mainly because I know we're not going to ever stockpile talent at every position, just enough to sell tickets  

12 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Every time we blow a lead I ask myself why I made this choice. I always end up coming back for more disappointment though. :lol:

I know how you feel ,many of us know how you feel tired of being the door mat 

11 hours ago, MAD597 said:

F you, I've been a fan since the late 70's of all Ga sports teams and have been through a ton of crap following them so bite me. At some point the futility of the time and effort wasted hits you. You can only see so many devastating loses with Zero pay off decade after decade before you start to just say F it this is not worth it anymore. Any sane person would eventually want to stop getting bashed over the head time and time again.

Look at what we've been through in just the last few years? Hawks blow a season of domination in 2015, 2016 Falcons have the most epic collapse in Super Bowl history, 2017 Dogs blow a huge lead against Alabama, 2018 Braves barely score a run in the playoffs.

It's like a succession of epic failure just to piss off the fanbase.

Man Ga sports is hazardous to your mental health!

9 hours ago, putnam6 said:

LOL comparing this to marriage lol come on man. Its just a game and while i think its cool people get in to it, not going to crap on people that have a different perspective though.I got hooked as a kid in the 70's, where the only off season news I got was Football Digest and Sporting News

I think I like those days better, now with all the off season info I ALREADY know that what we've done isn't going to work:bang:

Edited by thewatcher

18 hours ago, thewatcher said:

I feel you, I'm 55 and a fan since the 70's, and I strongly feel I won't live to see the Falcons win the title mainly because I know we're not going to ever stockpile talent at every position, just enough to sell tickets  

I think Arthur Blank wants a Falcons championship badly.

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 7:14 PM, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

I was born in L.A. and not really into football as a kid but my uncle took me to Rams games because he had extra tickets. I went anywhere to get out of the house. I got into football in the 6th grade when our family moved to Georgia and that's where I chose the Falcons as my team (with the Rams being my 2nd favorite team). I don't regret being a fan of this team because I know they'll have their time to shine and bring home Lombardis. It's just a question of when. Heck look how long it took for the Eagles. I know once we win a SB that feeling will ease a lot of the feelings from the letdowns we've endured.

I just hope we live to see that day.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:09 AM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I love my Falcons. They sure do put us through a lot of heart ache. I've heard Falcons fans say can I Quit this team when they get mad at them. Has any of you ever come close to seriously leaving the Falcons as a fan? Even temporarily? Has any of you ever secretly wished you would have never became a Falcons fan? Even for a day? I am very curious. 

I didn't have a choice  I was born in Atlanta. so it was not all bad I now know all about how to build a super bowl team and I can probably draft better than half of the NFL all because I am a Falcons fan.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, UniteandConquer said:

I cant imagine a scenario where I'm not a Falcons fan. I didnt really start watching Falcons football until was 10. Which was around 2000/2001. I would always watch the games with my Dad (who has been a fan since the 70s) My favorite player growing up was Patrick Kerney. 

yep that when things do actually get decent for the Falcons then we to blow up everything then got the most incompetent coaching staff in history. 

On 1/14/2019 at 6:51 AM, MAD597 said:

Yes, I wish I was born in another state so I could be a sports fan of another group of teams.

I love sports I have no ties or pull to any other sports teams so it doesn't make sense to just pick random teams to root for. I was born here so I'm stuck with these losers.

Over my life I've grown to loathe all GA sports teams. They are just horrible, they always choke and only do well to lull you into having hope so they can crush you in a more painful way at a later time.

If it were up to me the Falcons, Hawks and Braves would be shipped to other cities and we'd start over with expansion teams. This worked out pretty well with GA United.

So yea I hate our sports teams and want them gone.

Bomani Jones is that you? :lol:

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, JDaveG said:

Never.  I wish they'd finally win one, and build a consistent winner, but I never question being a fan.

I'm from metro Atlanta.  Born and raised here and lived here most of my life.  I couldn't pull for another team.

Word.  I can't remember not being a fan.  As a kid of the 80s they were terrible.  No desire to like another NFL team. 

If I didn’t watch the Falcons I wouldn’t watch football. It’s really the love of my city that drives my support of the Falcons and if we didn’t have them I wouldn’t be as passionate a football fan as I am now. 

ratesforless likes this