Falcons Fan MVP

Have you ever wished you would have never became a Falcons fan?

92 posts in this topic

Unreal. You take the good with the bad in any aspect of life. This team has been hard to watch at times, but when you spend the time and money true fans do, you don’t question it. It’s ok to be frustrated with the coaching staff and the players at times, but it sounds Ike you’re close to buying a TB12 Jersey. Fans like you, OP are why this city gets **** on by other cities. The lack of loyalty here is a joke. Good luck with your next team. Hope to god you don’t have the same outlook on marriage. 

19 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

Unreal. You take the good with the bad in any aspect of life. This team has been hard to watch at times, but when you spend the time and money true fans do, you don’t question it. It’s ok to be frustrated with the coaching staff and the players at times, but it sounds Ike you’re close to buying a TB12 Jersey. Fans like you, OP are why this city gets **** on by other cities. The lack of loyalty here is a joke. Good luck with your next team. Hope to god you don’t have the same outlook on marriage. 

LOL comparing this to marriage lol come on man. Its just a game and while i think its cool people get in to it, not going to crap on people that have a different perspective though.I got hooked as a kid in the 70's, where the only off season news I got was Football Digest and Sporting News

Nah.  Overall I have a pretty good life, and I consider cheering for the Falcons a way of maintaining balance.   Everyone has a cross to bear.   

And as Seinfeld said, when you get down to it, we’re just cheering for laundry

Francis York Morgan likes this

still a fan but one thing that's finally made me almost completely apathetic is choosing to win the last three meaningless games.  I'd be MUCH more excited for next year if we had a top 5 pick (for each round).  don't think we'll have much money for free agency and there are just too many holes  we really needed an incredible draft to replenish the team    just think it will be another better than average year

My family is from 2 parts of the country...New York, Wash D.C.

If it wasn't for moving down here to GA as a small kid and watching the local Falcons, I probably would have been stuck with one of the family favorites....Giants, Redskins.

Unfortunately, my team hasn't been able to achieve what the other family teams have done. So depressing.

But I'm sticking to them.....like a lottery number that's bound to hit hopefully!!!

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

No.

I'm a Falcons' fan, it's part of who I am.  Wouldn't change it and certainly wouldn't start following a different team.

I was born in L.A. and not really into football as a kid but my uncle took me to Rams games because he had extra tickets. I went anywhere to get out of the house. I got into football in the 6th grade when our family moved to Georgia and that's where I chose the Falcons as my team (with the Rams being my 2nd favorite team). I don't regret being a fan of this team because I know they'll have their time to shine and bring home Lombardis. It's just a question of when. Heck look how long it took for the Eagles. I know once we win a SB that feeling will ease a lot of the feelings from the letdowns we've endured.

No Not at all /its all I know/ I was born into it. My dad and grand dad were huge fans. My first game in Fulton County stadium at age 7 Ill never forget it. I'm here foreva good or bad I jus hope I'm still young enough to celebrate a SB victory. Life would be complete A falcons SB win and 1 hour alone with Rhiana

No, Born at Kennesaw hospital. There are more people with my last name in GA than anywhere else in the country. Even though I Live in AZ it wouldn't make sense for me to stop being a fan. 

My best friend jumped from a life-long Cowboys fan to a Pats fan a few years ago. I lost a little respect for him when he did this. I just don't believe you quit because somethings hard. 

4 hours ago, Stryka said:

Never. I have wished my Falcons were more like other teams but never wished I never became a Falcon. The lessons ive learned being a falcon fan are invaluable. I dont know where my anger management would be if I didnt get so much practice with my Falcons. Lol. 

Its been rough. Ive only been a fan 25 years so for the guys who were fans in 60s 70s and 80s. It had to be brutal. Thing is I think its worse now because we often get high expectations for these guys only to be pushed off a cliff. At least back then we didnt expect much. 

I've been a fan 25 years also. The thing that has been hard to deal with in the last 5 years is a lot of organizations who have struggled to win a championship like us have been finally getting that monkey off their back. The Eagles The Cubs, The Cleveland Cavs, The Washington Capitals, the Seahawks and we literally blew our chance. 

56 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

No, but from the way some of the posters act on these boards, I wished they would have never become Falcons fans. LOL

It would help if our fans were more positive.

2 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

I would never leave the Falcons. I would quit watching football all together if it got that painful. I love my Falcons. I love their uniforms and logo. I love the brotherhood. 

BirdFan33 likes this

4 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

After the SB I can definitely tell you I care a whole lot less about the team’s success. Definitely will never not be a fan. But I truly am not nearly as invested as a fan anymore. Helps that the Leafs are good lately. 

If the Falcons win a SB that will get you fired up I'm sure. I understand your philosophy of lowering your expectations which is wise when rooting for the Falcons. 

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

IMO this is the biggest mistake people make. There is no written rule stating that you SHOULD cheer for the home team. If that was the case half the population would be miserable. I have no reason to root for any team other than the Falcons in the state of Georgia and don't care if anyone dislikes it. i have never understood why people feel that they are supposed to cheer for the home team.

Now we know why buddy has that screen name!  Dude is always Bitchin!!

RING OF HONOR and ya_boi_j like this

I don’t regret become no a fan for a second, as I’ve met some great people from all over the world and had some me great adventures as a result of following the team.

However, I am now where near as invested in the team or the NFL as I was 10 years ago. For 25 years I lived, ate and breathed the NFL...staying up to 5am listening to and watching MNF every week, watching every single bit of action I could no matter what time, buying books and magazines, collecting old NFL Films etc. I would blessed very absorb anything NFL related like a sponge and could never get enough of it.

That seems odd to me now, because I stopped investing emotionally in this team and watching games in 2011/12, and have largely lost my interest in the NFL since. The Packer and Giants playoff losses were so painful that I found that I just didn’t want to put myself back through it. I also lost all respect for the NFL and broadcast media as a result of the constant total disrespect given to this team by the media in 2012 (whilst we were earning the NFC’s #1seed). That made is abundantly clear to me that the NFL and it’s media partners play favourites.

These days, even though I visit the boards, closely follow the off-season moves and draft, and find myself really looking forward to each new season before it starts, I have no interst at all in watching anything Falcons or NFL related on TV. I would rather spend my time doing other things and find out the results after.

PHALCONABERNATHY likes this

Mama said it's ok to  love the Falcons.... cause the Falcons love me...

images-11.jpeg.67a215c543a8fb00fa6936c740b9875d.jpeg

Anybody don't like it .... can kiss my medulla oblongata

15 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I love my Falcons. They sure do put us through a lot of heart ache. I've heard Falcons fans say can I Quit this team when they get mad at them. Has any of you ever come close look to seriously leaving the Falcons as a fan? Even temporarily? Has any of you ever secretly wished you would have never became a Falcons fan? Even for a day? I am very curious. 

Not one person has ever not questioned their fandom or their marriage. 

If I quit being a Falcons fan I would quit watching football. I get pissed at this team but could never root for another team. But I have come seriously close to just not watching football anymore 

I’ve never questioned my loyalty to my team. I love the Falcons and always will. When we suck, I root for the Ravens. However I despise Lamar Jackson so I’m not in a good position with them right now either lol.