Falcons Fan MVP

Have you ever wished you would have never became a Falcons fan?

92 posts in this topic

I love my Falcons. They sure do put us through a lot of heart ache. I've heard Falcons fans say can I Quit this team when they get mad at them. Has any of you ever come close to seriously leaving the Falcons as a fan? Even temporarily? Has any of you ever secretly wished you would have never became a Falcons fan? Even for a day? I am very curious. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but mostly because it's illogical to wish against something you either actively or passively pursued.  If it was really in it for us to support some other team, you probably would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have, I can admit it. I live in PA, so no home team allegiance, so to watch them it’s generally on TV, at a bar or something, or in a hostile visitors stadium (CLE, BAL, PHI, PIT, NY)

i spent time working and living in BAL, started to like Ravens, mainly because the fan base was contagious there. But I still fell back to the Falcons.

i started then watching PIT w friends, since they are the local team, just couldn’t make the switch.

i should have known that becoming a fan in the days of Montana and a Rice *** whippings was a sign of a long painful, sometimes regretful, fandom.

i am a lot less vested in pro football the last couple years, so at least it hurts much less now.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a huge fan of the Falcons more so than any of the local teams, though I enjoy them all. But I rarely put the all day preparation into watching a game anymore. Yea I'll watch the games and visit the boards but I  got other **** going on, family and job dynamics have changed my perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I wish I was born in another state so I could be a sports fan of another group of teams.

I love sports I have no ties or pull to any other sports teams so it doesn't make sense to just pick random teams to root for. I was born here so I'm stuck with these losers.

Over my life I've grown to loathe all GA sports teams. They are just horrible, they always choke and only do well to lull you into having hope so they can crush you in a more painful way at a later time.

If it were up to me the Falcons, Hawks and Braves would be shipped to other cities and we'd start over with expansion teams. This worked out pretty well with GA United.

So yea I hate our sports teams and want them gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yes, I wish I was born in another state so I could be a sports fan of another group of teams.

I love sports I have no ties or pull to any other sports teams so it doesn't make sense to just pick random teams to root for. I was born here so I'm stuck with these losers.

Over my life I've grown to loathe all GA sports teams. They are just horrible, they always choke and only do well to lull you into having hope so they can crush you in a more painful way at a later time.

If it were up to me the Falcons, Hawks and Braves would be shipped to other cities and we'd start over with expansion teams. This worked out pretty well with GA United.

So yea I hate our sports teams and want them gone.

IMO this is the biggest mistake people make. There is no written rule stating that you SHOULD cheer for the home team. If that was the case half the population would be miserable. I have no reason to root for any team other than the Falcons in the state of Georgia and don't care if anyone dislikes it. i have never understood why people feel that they are supposed to cheer for the home team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

IMO this is the biggest mistake people make. There is no written rule stating that you SHOULD cheer for the home team. If that was the case half the population would be miserable. I have no reason to root for any team other than the Falcons in the state of Georgia and don't care if anyone dislikes it. i have never understood why people feel that they are supposed to cheer for the home team.

Right. I dont cheer for my home team. I despise them. Loathe them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but it does worry me that I might go my whole life and not see them win a championship. Might never get so close as 2016 again. I'm approaching middle age so I'd like to think there's plenty of years left to win, but some teams never do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Super Bowl loss I was so upset the thought crossed my mind of why do I continue to pull for this team.

Then I remember Dad taking me to the games at Fulton County Stadium getting my first Falcons jacket as a kid at Christmas still have the pic.

Nope to many memories and they have been a part of my life for so long.

Unfortunately I have the double whammy my mother God rest her soul was a die hard Braves fan soooo I never had a chance love the Braves too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawgs fans don't want to hear it, but us Georgia Bulldogs have to go through it as well with all the heartbreak we've gone through and all the major programs around us within miles of radii winning championships in front of us. The state of Georgia is known for serious heartbreak. It's not an Atlanta thing. It's not a southern mentality/laid back thing, I don't want to hear that BS excuse when you have Louisiana or the Carolinas. It's not because Atlanta is a transport city or whatever, another poor excuse. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

Being a Falcons fan in the 80's was extremely hard.

My dad has told me about it before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

No, but it does worry me that I might go my whole life and not see them win a championship. Might never get so close as 2016 again. I'm approaching middle age so I'd like to think there's plenty of years left to win, but some teams never do.

Maybe in heaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over my life I have dropped several teams in various sports. Partly for lack of time to be a fan of "everything" but usually there was an "event" that sealed it for me.

I was born in Texas and lots of family there but grew up in Ga.  I was a fan of the Cowboys and Falcons until they fired Landry then I was "out" from the Cowboys

Hawks fan until Dominique Wilkins left

I was a Braves fan for a loooooooomg time.  But living in another area and all the games not on TBS anymore. That waned. And when Chipper retired that was just it.

I went to FSU and was a fan until they pushed Bobby Bowden out.

I really only have the Falcons left as a team I truly care about.  The Vick thing was as close as I came to dropping them. So I am here to stay probably. 28-3 and all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time we blow a lead I ask myself why I made this choice. I always end up coming back for more disappointment though. :lol:

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
MoFalconsFan56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now