Tomahawk Choppa

Official Charger's at Patriots Game Thread

329 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Helps when you can throw to wide open WR's lol

Every single pass is wide open for them. 

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Can be aggressive when your pass rush is getting home.

See: Our 2nd half pass rush in the SB compared to the Pats still getting pressure on Ryan, but we kept trying to pass.:tiphat:

If only Alford picks off a should be pass...

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

Every single pass is wide open for them. 

It's been like that FORVER it feels. When Shanny did that with Ryan, it was all Shanny making Ryan look good. When McDaniels does that with Brady, it's mostly Brady...

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

They weren't playing zone on that touchdown throw

They just blew a coverage that allowed a guy to be WIDE open

Just now, tl;dr said:

They just blew a coverage that allowed a guy to be WIDE open

They didn't blow the coverage. They played man and Dorsett left his dude in the dust because he's so fast 

A shout out to all the Matty Ryan haters.  Brady does not look ready to pull out his wheelchair and call it quits... 41 yrs old... Ryan is 33.

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Deion Branch wasn't half bad himself. Stallworth was good. Josh Gordon was great this year when healthy.

Deion Branch did nothing outside of NE other than take Seattle's money. Stallworth still wasn't great. Gordon only spent basically half a season with Brady.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Can we please get a good playoff game? Please? Pretty please? Sick of these boring blow outs!

Got to cull out the posers

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Cassel and the Pats went 11-5 that year (same record as this year). Only that year yielded no playoffs and this year yielded a first round bye. No one is saying Brady is absolute trash (Alex Smith is a good QB), but it's obvious he benefits A LOT from a system that really helps him.

Just my opinion though. I'm still pissed at Alford for not ending the game in Super Bowl 51. 

I know it’s just your opinion, bud.  But Brady & Smith?

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We played man until we couldn't any more. That's why we stopped limiting them.

Had already allowed several long drives; luckily had the Jarrett sacks to hold them to a FG and the Rocky pick-6 to end another of their drives.

Writing was on the wall. They were dominating us just without the points to show for it until we left the door open too long.

So much fail in situational calls that game and when we FINALLY got back to utilizing RB for outlet passes vs their fresh pass rush? And get a big Julio catch after in the same drive? Nope, run it once and shotgun ourselves out of FG range trying to be 'aggressive'.

Just dumb.

Play to win. Gotta recognize game conditions.

I agree, and that comes from a terrible game plan. He had Beasley covering Bennett most of the game as well. Even though he lead the NFL in sacks. I think the misconception about this game was the lead. 28-3 with 2 something left in the 3rd. They scored shortly afterwards. Making it an 18 point game. A defensive stop made it a ball game. They had mistakes, but Quinn was simply outcoached. 

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I know it’s just your opinion, bud.  But Brady & Smith?

Oof. I just go hit with the bud. Maybe I should take some time off from this thread. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Oof. I just go hit with the bud. Maybe I should take some time off from this thread. 

Open it and have a drink... lol

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

How in the **** are the Chargers so late in getting the offensive calls in? You would think they would have figured it by now

How can they not burn them for blitzing. 

The team that is blitzing and has a bunch of players on the LOS is beating the team sitting in zone. Shocker I tell ya.