Tomahawk Choppa

Official Charger's at Patriots Game Thread

329 posts in this topic

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yeah the AFC East has been weak during most of Brady's career.

Peyton Manning also played in a really weak AFC West for most of his Colts career as well though.

Even with a weak division, Brady and the Pats still beat many top teams in the postseason over the years.

Brady has played with great WR's his entire career (sorry, but he has), a good running game, good defense, elite HC, and good OL. 

It's no wonder they look good all the time in the playoffs. Especially when you pretty much get a free pass to a first round bye every year. 

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Remember when the Falcons played that division? Why don't you look up their record vs other teams and not just the Patriots. 

Or don't, I hear ignorance is bliss.

Who's comparing the Falcons (who could **** up a wet dream historically). Put Kansas City, green Bay, Pittsburgh, or any other decently ran organization in the AFC east in NE's place and they would have similar results. Clemson would nuke that division. Lol

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I'm not out here claiming the Falcons are some elite franchise lol. We aren't. We are trash historically. You do have to give some credit to the Pats for beating the teams they should beat, but it's not all because of Tom Brady. Alex Smith instead of Tom Brady would yield similar results for the Pats. I will die on this hill

Cool do it. No one cares.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Who's comparing the Falcons (who could **** up a wet dream historically). Put Kansas City, green Bay, Pittsburgh, or any other decently ran organization in the AFC east in NE's place and they would have similar results. Clemson would like that division. Lol

Ding ding ding ding....

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Who's comparing the Falcons (who could **** up a wet dream historically). Put Kansas City, green Bay, Pittsburgh, or any other decently ran organization in the AFC east in NE's place and they would have similar results. Clemson would like that division. Lol

You're clueless 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Matt Cassel says hi

Did they make the playoffs?

People sound so incredibly ignorant when they can’t acknowledge Brady’s greatness

How many playoff wins did Bill Belichick have before Tom Brady?

Just now, socalriseup said:

Chargers pass rush is nonexistent. Brady just playing pitch and catch out there. 

Helps when you can throw to wide open WR's lol

Just now, HEIST said:

Why do teams insist on playing zone vs the Pats?

Bro, I've been asking that for a minute. We did it in the Super Bowl, and Brady nickel and dimed the h3ll out of us. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Brady has played with great WR's his entire career (sorry, but he has), a good running game, good defense, elite HC, and good OL. 

It's no wonder they look good all the time in the playoffs. Especially when you pretty much get a free pass to a first round bye every year. 

All NFL dynastys had elite HCs, good run games, good OLs, and solid to great defenses.

Brady only had Moss as a great WR. Welker was really good. Gronk is a great TE when healthy but nothing too memorable after that.

Edleman is good but nowhere near great.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Good game plan by the Pats. That's what a bye week will do for a team. Remember when we ate up the Seahawks and Packers?

The 2010 Falcons would like to have a word with you.

socalriseup likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Did they make the playoffs?

People sound so incredibly ignorant when they can’t acknowledge Brady’s greatness

How many playoff wins did Bill Belichick have before Tom Brady?

Cassel and the Pats went 11-5 that year (same record as this year). Only that year yielded no playoffs and this year yielded a first round bye. No one is saying Brady is absolute trash (Alex Smith is a good QB), but it's obvious he benefits A LOT from a system that really helps him.

Just my opinion though. I'm still pissed at Alford for not ending the game in Super Bowl 51. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

I know their front isn't doing well, but the chargers secondary is so overrated. I have no idea how they got 2 players as 1st team all pros. 

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Bro, I've been asking that for a minute. We did it in the Super Bowl, and Brady nickel and dimed the h3ll out of us. 

We played man until we couldn't any more. That's why we stopped limiting them.

Had already allowed several long drives; luckily had the Jarrett sacks to hold them to a FG and the Rocky pick-6 to end another of their drives.

Writing was on the wall. They were dominating us just without the points to show for it until we left the door open too long.

So much fail in situational calls that game and when we FINALLY got back to utilizing RB for outlet passes vs their fresh pass rush? And get a big Julio catch after in the same drive? Nope, run it once and shotgun ourselves out of FG range trying to be 'aggressive'.

Just dumb.

Play to win. Gotta recognize game conditions.

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

All NFL dynastys had elite HCs, good run games, good OLs, and solid to great defenses.

Brady only had Moss as a great WR. Welker was really good. Gronk is a great TE when healthy but nothing too memorable after that.

Edleman is good but nowhere near great.

Deion Branch wasn't half bad himself. Stallworth was good. Josh Gordon was great this year when healthy.

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

I know their front isn't doing well, but the chargers secondary is so overrated. I have no idea how they got 2 players as 1st team all pros. 

Can be aggressive when your pass rush is getting home.

See: Our 2nd half pass rush in the SB compared to the Pats still getting pressure on Ryan, but we kept trying to pass.:tiphat: