Tomahawk Choppa

Official Charger's at Patriots Game Thread

329 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

yup lol u saw what a potent offense and aggressive defense did last year right ?? lol 

I could see it being a shootout, but the Saints pass rush is nowhere near as good as the Eagles was last season.

Even then, Brady and the Pats offense was still able to put up yards and points during last year's SB.

Just now, tl;dr said:

Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers defense allows a big play like that and continually sucks: "well the QB needs to make some plays. Can't rely on the defense to bail you out."

sysTom's defense allows a big play: "THIS GUY HAS NO HELP!!!!"

Try as you might, you're not getting this sysTom bit over.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I could see it being a shootout, but the Saints pass rush is nowhere near as good as the Eagles was last season.

Even then, Brady and the Pats offense was still able to put up yards and points during last year's SB.

Brady is a product of a system. Rely on a good running game, good protection, and throwing to wide open WR's. 

Drew4719 and ya_boi_j like this

Just now, Duff_Man said:

Try as you might, you're not getting this sysTom bit over.

Just wait until he makes a truly awful throw that should be picked off and it's not. Then one of his scrub receivers makes an incredible catch because sysTom encouraged him so much. 

Edelman may have bailed out Brady on what should have been the game ending INT in the Super Bowl, but the real hero is actually Brady. That play is not possible without Brady giving him so much encouragement.

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Brady is a product of a system. Rely on a good running game, good protection, and throwing to wide open WR's. 

A weak as shat division for your entire career helps too.

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Im really hoping Gronk retires

Drew4719 and tl;dr like this

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Ummm excuse me?!?!?!?!?!

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. 

Brady has had to play against very tough divisional opponents his entire career. I mean, the Dolphins and Tannehill?!?!?! The Jets and Sanchez?!?!?! The Bills and Tyrod?!?!?! 

Dude get a clue. Brady plays against the best in the business EVERY WEEK. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Im really hoping Gronk retires

Oh no... then that would only add to the false narrative that Brady has no help. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Ummm excuse me?!?!?!?!?!

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. 

Brady has had to play against very tough divisional opponents his entire career. I mean, the Dolphins and Tannehill?!?!?! The Jets and Sanchez?!?!?! The Bills and Tyrod?!?!?! 

Dude get a clue. Brady plays against the best in the business EVERY WEEK. 

The Falcons can’t regularly beat those teams smh. 

Yo_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

This weak division narrative has been disproven time and time again

Oh no... then that would only add to the false narrative that Brady has no help. 

The best part is that only comes out when they lose lol

tl;dr likes this

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

That can be said for most good SB winning QBs.

Brees had a good run game by committee, good group of WRs that could get open, and a turnover machine defense the season he won a SB.

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

The Falcons can’t regularly beat those teams smh. 

Yep. Because the Falcons aren't like the Pats. The Pats have talent all around and one of the best HC's in the game. Seriously. Take Brady off and put in like, Alex Smith to the Pats. Bet you the results aren't as different as you may think

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Is this /purple

its more accurate to say the systems success is a product of Brady

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

YES! Brady has had to face tons of tough competition like Joey Harrington and Chad Pennington. Mark Sanchez was a stud too. 

People are clueless

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Is this /purple

its more accurate to say the systems success is a product of Brady

Matt Cassel says hi

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers defense allows a big play like that and continually sucks: "well the QB needs to make some plays. Can't rely on the defense to bail you out."

sysTom's defense allows a big play: "THIS GUY HAS NO HELP!!!!"

Let it all out, my man!

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Put the Pat's in the AFC West, heck the NFC South and no way are they are playing home playoff games year after year after year. They start the season 5-1 AT LEAST each year before the games are even played for a decade now. The rest of that division may as well be the Sunbelt conference. 

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Let it all out, my man!

/character off

Brady is one of the more overrated players ever. He is good yes. But he has had A LOT of luck along the way that other guys don't get. 

If the tuck rule doesn't happen, Brady isn't Brady

/character on

YES! Brady has had to face tons of tough competition like Joey Harrington and Chad Pennington. Mark Sanchez was a stud too. 

People are clueless

Remember when the Falcons played that division? Why don't you look up their record vs other teams and not just the Patriots. 

Or don't, I hear ignorance is bliss.

Falconsin2012 likes this

People are clueless

Yeah the AFC East has been weak during most of Brady's career.

Peyton Manning also played in a really weak AFC West for most of his Colts career as well though.

Even with a weak division, Brady and the Pats still beat many top teams in the postseason over the years.

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Remember when the Falcons played that division? Why don't you look up their record vs other teams and not just the Patriots. 

Or don't, I hear ignorance is bliss.

I'm not out here claiming the Falcons are some elite franchise lol. We aren't. We are trash historically. You do have to give some credit to the Pats for beating the teams they should beat, but it's not all because of Tom Brady. Alex Smith instead of Tom Brady would yield similar results for the Pats. I will die on this hill