Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Sark turns down Cards OC for Bama

68 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

He’s 0-1 as the OC there. Doesn’t say if he will be OC or what 

Sarkisian is expected to become the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN's Chris Low. Former co-offensive coordinator Josh Gattis left the Tide recently for Michigan, and former quarterbacks coach and associate head coach Dan Enos, who reportedly was in line to be Alabama's offensive coordinator and playcaller next season, left Friday to become the University of Miami's offensive coordinator.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25746669/steve-sarkisian-return-alabama-crimson-tide

Ergo Proxy likes this

10 hours ago, Jen said:

Smart. Not sure what he'll be doing at Bama, but if he couldn't succeed with the Falcons offense, then he wouldn't stand a chance with Arizona. Two failures like that in a row would have probably doomed his chances at future NFL jobs. 

A top 10 offense with 2 starting Guard injured. A right tackle who got dominated. And a injured pro Bowl RB. Matt & Julio had one of their best season EVER. Sark was the scapegoat. I guess the GREATEST coach in college football know a good coordinator when he sees one. Great hire Saban. I hate Bama. I like Saban. GoDAWGS

Faithful Falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

10 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Dimi hired him. Didn’t change anything when S was there. .  So, what’s your point? Everyone says Sarc is a college coach. He’s back in college. Good for all. Right?

Shanny changed our O line a lot. He cut Hawley, got Mack, traded for Levitre, dropped Asamoah. I'm probably forgetting some other O line changes he made.

Just clarifying ... the narrow-azzes are mostly due to Shanny, though yes, it's true that Dimi was the GM at the time. 

Sark ... not ready for the NFL. Another year or 2 of experience and maybe. But we can't be his guinea pigs. We've got to get some Lombardies.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

I call Sark a coward because he should of looked Dan Quinn in the face and say, I ONLY LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL.  He shouldn't have gone to Quinn asking for a job, he should of told Quinn the truth besides waste 2 years of our franchise.  So yes, he is a coward for taking on something he knew he CANT do nor wants to do

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

5 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Shanny changed our O line a lot. He cut Hawley, got Mack, traded for Levitre, dropped Asamoah. I'm probably forgetting some other O line changes he made.

Just clarifying ... the narrow-azzes are mostly due to Shanny, though yes, it's true that Dimi was the GM at the time. 

Sark ... not ready for the NFL. Another year or 2 of experience and maybe. But we can't be his guinea pigs. We've got to get some Lombardies.

If irc, Asamoah retired due to back injury.. When healthy, Asamoah was one of the best pass blockers in the league 

falconsd56 likes this

22 hours ago, Jen said:

Smart. Not sure what he'll be doing at Bama, but if he couldn't succeed with the Falcons offense, then he wouldn't stand a chance with Arizona. Two failures like that in a row would have probably doomed his chances at future NFL jobs. 

I'd say he didn't fail. That happened on the defensive side of the ball. 

3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

I call Sark a coward because he should of looked Dan Quinn in the face and say, I ONLY LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL.  He shouldn't have gone to Quinn asking for a job, he should of told Quinn the truth besides waste 2 years of our franchise.  So yes, he is a coward for taking on something he knew he CANT do nor wants to do

What was that ?? We could not hear you because the sound was muffled due to Foles balls being in your mouth......

That is the only explanation because you disappeared about the same time that he lost his.

JDaveG likes this

23 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Sarc was great at USC and Washington. I’m thrilled. 

Yeah out in the west coast where they don't play defense.  Defensive gurus are Sark's kryptonite.  Well not even defensive gurus just any decent coach with half a brain is Sark's kyptonite. 

13 hours ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

A top 10 offense with 2 starting Guard injured. A right tackle who got dominated. And a injured pro Bowl RB. Matt & Julio had one of their best season EVER. Sark was the scapegoat. I guess the GREATEST coach in college football know a good coordinator when he sees one. Great hire Saban. I hate Bama. I like Saban. GoDAWGS

Do you even watch the games, or you just a box score regurgitator?  Sark wasn't that good and unless the Falcons offense could out talent the defensive side of the ball, Sark was in over his head.  Dude could not adjust vs good defensive game plans, and could rarely win on coaching.  Are people still forgetting the **** play calling vs Philly in the playoffs?  Or the **** stain of play calling week 1 in the same scenario vs Philly again?  Dude had a chance to redeem himself and called even more returded plays in week 1. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

What was that ?? We could not hear you because the sound was muffled due to Foles balls being in your mouth......

That is the only explanation because you disappeared about the same time that he lost his.

Well at least foles has a ring and won a playoff game in Chicago and almost pulled it out in new Orleans

Falconsin2012 likes this

14 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Well at least foles has a ring and won a playoff game in Chicago and almost pulled it out in new Orleans

He is a primary reason why they did not pull this game out.....after the first quarter he could not hit the broad side of a barn

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He is a primary reason why they did not pull this game out.....after the first quarter he could not hit the broad side of a barn

What happened to his arm strength.  He made Chad Pennington look like John Elway.  He must have injured himself

falconsd56, JDaveG and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

What happened to his arm strength.  He made Chad Pennington look like John Elway.  He must have injured himself

Who knows....I don't remember him getting hit much.

The first interception was way underthrown...if he puts more at it under it his receiver at least has a chance

17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am sorry he tipped the pass for an INT for the game winning drive?

1 minute ago, R_The_Great said:

Hmmm....that happened to the Falcons a LOT last year yet you blamed Ryan and Sark. I wonder why your tune has changed???

Did Foles give  you a courtesy tap ? is that it?

5 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

I know people have been rough on you today, myself included.  Hope you know it’s all in fun...

But you have to admit that Foles arm looked aweful today.  If it as last years version of Foles, Eagles win going away.  Something looked wrong with him

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Hmmm....that happened to the Falcons a LOT last year yet you blamed Ryan and Sark. I wonder why your tune has changed???

Did Foles give  you a courtesy tap ? is that it?

Hey Foles, which finger are you wearing that SUPER BOWL ring on?  Yeah courtesy tap seems fine with me

6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

If irc, Asamoah retired due to back injury.. When healthy, Asamoah was one of the best pass blockers in the league 

That was justin blalock i believe we benched asamoah till we released him.his case was very weird..he was a good lineman just didnt fit the new scheme

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

32 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

That was justin blalock i believe we benched asamoah till we released him.his case was very weird..he was a good lineman just didnt fit the new scheme

It was actually both.

We cut Asamoah in the preseason in 2015 due to injury and he just retired instead of signing with someone else