Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Sark turns down Cards OC for Bama

68 posts in this topic

Smart. Not sure what he'll be doing at Bama, but if he couldn't succeed with the Falcons offense, then he wouldn't stand a chance with Arizona. Two failures like that in a row would have probably doomed his chances at future NFL jobs. 

rounz, Ezekiel 25:17 and PokerSteve like this

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I hated it at first, but then I remembered he made Locker and Sanchez first rounders...

You hated it because you’ve been negatively influenced by this board. There’s a reason why he keeps getting hired. 

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

You hated it because you’ve been negatively influenced by this board. There’s a reason why he keeps getting hired. 

Very true lol. 

That and a lot of Bama people I follow on Twitter hated it. But then most people realized the 2016 game vs. Clemson was a product of Bo breaking his leg and having a QB that couldn't throw. He's a solid choice. I've warmed up to it. I've got friends who have coached football and they pretty much said I was crazy when I initially didn't like it. 

39 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I hated it at first, but then I remembered he made Locker and Sanchez first rounders...

Sark had one good season at Washington and no good years at USC despite having a significant talent advantage almost every Saturday.  He never won 10 games in an average PAC-10.

Wins at Washington/USC:  43

Losses at Washington/USC: 36

Not impressive.  The good news is the last 2 years made him a heck of a lot better OC.  I suspect this is a good move for Sark and clever hire by Saban

Edited by Falconsin2012
PokerSteve and Dutty Ole Bird like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sark had one very good season at Washington and no good years at USC despite having a talent advantage.

Wins at Washington/USC:  43

Losses at Washington/USC: 36

Not impressive.  

As USC's OC he was fine. Did enough to convince some NFL GM to take Mark Sanchez in the top 10... 

While he was their OC, they had 2 Rose Bowl wins and went 23-3. He obviously didn't do much to help defensively, but he was doing something right

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

As USC's OC he was fine. Did enough to convince some NFL GM to take Mark Sanchez in the top 10... 

While he was their OC, they had 2 Rose Bowl wins and went 23-3. He obviously didn't do much to help defensively, but he was doing something right

He was very good as QB coach and above average as OC for those talented Carroll USC teams.

And I think he does a great job in Tuscaloosa this time around.  I really do

Edited by Falconsin2012
tl;dr likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He was very good as QB coach and above average as OC for those talented Carroll USC teams.

And I think he does a great job in Tuscaloosa this time around.  I really do

I do too. Plus rumors are now that Chip Long may be in town? Having great offensive coaching around him won't hurt.

Sark did take a Washington team that was hot garbage and make them competitive though. Washington became somewhat respectable under him.

BamaBirdLady and Falconsin2012 like this

Sarc is a good college coach hire. The stuff he ran in the NFL works in college. Heck. Locksley got too cute in college when it was short yardage situations. Proven by the last two games.  Sark had to get cute because the Falcons O line was a bunch of narrow arsed finesse players thanks to Dimi. Truth. With narrow arsed running backs. Hey! Guess what?! The Falcons are changing that now. Go figure. 

BamaBirdLady, PokerSteve and gazoo like this

So the only idiots that didn't realize that Sark has no business in the NFL are the Lions, Cards, and Falcons.  No coincidence that they have zero Superbowl wins between them.

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Thanks for wasting 2 years of this franchise after a Super Bowl run you coward

Pluck off.

You are seriously one of the most deranged people who post here.

It is one thing to disagree with a guys play calls ....it is another to call him a coward.....so yeah pluck off

7 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Thanks for wasting 2 years of this franchise after a Super Bowl run you coward

He wasn’t my favorite coach, but I’m curious what makes him a coward?  I certainly don’t see that...

41 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Shanny really picked most of our O line. 

Dimi hired him. Didn’t change anything when S was there. .  So, what’s your point? Everyone says Sarc is a college coach. He’s back in college. Good for all. Right?