Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Rams RT Rob Havenstein

27 posts in this topic

Is having a really good game against Demarcus Lawrence. If you remember, this is the other guy Beasley had a 3 sack game against in 2016.

Havenstein has played well this season and will be a FA. I don’t think we target a tackle since Sambrailo (the other guy Beasley destroyed) showed promise down the stretch and according to Dimitroff tackles are consider expensive.

Rams LG, Staffold is also doing well and would be a good target in FA.

Schwarzwald likes this

RTs are expensive. So is Schraeder. I've probably done a lot of hating on this dude, but come on something needs to be done. I don't trust Sambrailo either. And last I checked he is going to the FA as well.

At this point he is gonna get paid. We can get value with re-signing Ty and drafting an OT..who will possibly sit year 1 if needed; hence the Ty signing.

OG is more of a concern in that scenario. OT is too premium in UFA, but ya he'd be a great FA signing...just not sure they let him walk or if we get into a bid war for OT.

I'd rather draft OT/re-sign Ty and get Saffold / mauler RG and competition for that spot.

EDIT: For example, Whitworth is probably retiring after this year. Saffold might like a SB shot upgrading our left side next to Matthews/Mack. Right side would also need some love, but we'd be better than 2016 LT/LG/C. Even if Mack loses some of his skill, Matthews/Saffold would be better players than 2016 LT/LG for us.

Cole World, k-train and vel like this

Of the three spots we could improve, RT is the most important.  If you are going to have weak links in a chain, you want them sandwiched between your strengths.  You simply cannot be compromised on the edges.  If we did get Havenstein, we would have the only two RTs that Beasley could beat consistently. :D 

so a guy that was getting destroyed improved to be a descent player when given the chance. so why does everybody want to cut our young guys instead of letting them develop? who's gonna be the first to look into their crystal ball to tell me "but our guys suck"

Emmitt, Schwarzwald and Geneaut like this

2 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

so a guy that was getting destroyed improved to be a descent player when given the chance. so why does everybody want to cut our young guys instead of letting them develop? who's gonna be the first to look into their crystal ball to tell me "but our guys suck"

Duke Riley sucks

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Duke Riley sucks

I'm not gonna say he sucks but he's not the guy we thought he was. to clarify, I was speaking on Offensive linemen. year 3 is the year where the light should come on in a player's development and if they aren't panning out by then it's best to cut ties unless they're simply a cog in your machine as depth

Schwarzwald likes this

I want to keep Sombrero but we better draft someone to give him competition in round one, whether that's Juwaan Taylor or Cody Ford. Then go out there and get a mean sumbish in the second round and draft guard Chris Lindstrom and sign a guard in FA (quinton Spain or saffold). I want a dominant OL whatever it takes.

9 hours ago, coastiemike said:

I don’t want value at OL any longer.  I want quality.  Go and break the bank for three top tier OL.

Their likely won't be one top tier ol hit free agency, much less three. 

25 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

This is kind of a moot conversation. Havensteim agreed to an extension in August with the Rams. He won’t be a FA. 

/thread

Team friendly deal, too! He is only making $500k-$1M more on the cap or so than Schraeder by comparison; who we extended during the 2016 just two years ago.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Their likely won't be one top tier ol hit free agency, much less three. 

Then sign what you can, Use 5 draft picks on OL, and hope to hit on 2-3.

16 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

At this point he is gonna get paid. We can get value with re-signing Ty and drafting an OT..who will possibly sit year 1 if needed; hence the Ty signing.

OG is more of a concern in that scenario. OT is too premium in UFA, but ya he'd be a great FA signing...just not sure they let him walk or if we get into a bid war for OT.

I'd rather draft OT/re-sign Ty and get Saffold / mauler RG and competition for that spot.

EDIT: For example, Whitworth is probably retiring after this year. Saffold might like a SB shot upgrading our left side next to Matthews/Mack. Right side would also need some love, but we'd be better than 2016 LT/LG/C. Even if Mack loses some of his skill, Matthews/Saffold would be better players than 2016 LT/LG for us.

LMAO. Then he should probably stay where he is.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Then he should probably stay where he is.

Just that we might have the cap to bait him away and if Rams fail next round and fall short again? nah who am I kidding. We are so far away ;)

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

2 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

Signing Toilillo would help Schrader and Sam. Then put your $$$ on the right FA OG. Draft the right OG and OT within the first 4 rounds and we've helped our OL in the present and the future

S...Sam Baker?manning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpg

Osiruz likes this

22 hours ago, Cole World said:

Is having a really good game against Demarcus Lawrence. If you remember, this is the other guy Beasley had a 3 sack game against in 2016.

Havenstein has played well this season and will be a FA. I don’t think we target a tackle since Sambrailo (the other guy Beasley destroyed) showed promise down the stretch and according to Dimitroff tackles are consider expensive.

Rams LG, Staffold is also doing well and would be a good target in FA.

Draft an OG first in the draft, and I'm good after that --- FA will be up to the FO... 

9 hours ago, coastiemike said:

Then sign what you can, Use 5 draft picks on OL, and hope to hit on 2-3.

What about the defense?

You can’t go all in on one group.By doing so your cutting your knees off.

Especially when the Oline group as a class is weak.Your way of attacking it doesn’t make sense.

Got to be strategic and got to make some sound personnel decisions FA & the Draft.

5 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

Signing Toilillo would help Schrader and Sam. Then put your $$$ on the right FA OG. Draft the right OG and OT within the first 4 rounds and we've helped our OL in the present and the future

Good idea BUT.

Off season 

#1 FA decision 1A 1B get Jarrett and Julio soughted.

#2 Decide who we are cutting and then base the decisions and numbers we have to play with.

#3 Decide where and who we spend our leftover FA money.I’m assuming we are going to resign some of what we have on the roster now.

Toilolo would be nice but if you want to make a move for a McCoy or a Saffold or someone of that ilk guys like that aren’t a go in my eyes.

13 hours ago, osiruz said:

I want to keep Sombrero but we better draft someone to give him competition in round one, whether that's Juwaan Taylor or Cody Ford. Then go out there and get a mean sumbish in the second round and draft guard Chris Lindstrom and sign a guard in FA (quinton Spain or saffold). I want a dominant OL whatever it takes.

Need cody in my life dude blocks nasty af