Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draftnut57

Something I've noticed in this game.. Rams , Dallas...

33 posts in this topic

I realized something,,   The years we had our best teams.. we also had the best O# Lines we have ever had,,, Watching Rams domminate,, tonight... They have a great great OL... Yes they have Gurly ,,, but if it wasn't for the OL that would mean nothing.... I'm now thinking that should be Atlanta;s top priority !!!!!  Get a great OL ,,, and it will come... you know what it is...a Championship. DL is very deep in this coming Draft.. So take the best OL possible in top pick,, and another one in the 4th ,, get a couple of the DL pass rushers. DE and DT... or both..in.  the 2nd and 3rd rounds.. then in the 4th round take another OL ,,,  A strong OL and DL will get us where we need to be.. We don't have as many needs as most NFL teams.. and we can get our remaining needs with the other 5 picks,, because we have the extra 2 comp picks that will give us 9 total picks in this draft.. 

Look at how the Rams are domanating.. with a GReat Great OL and 2  great RBs .. Gurley and Anderson,,, Big beast backs... hammering their way to the next playoff game.. I think the Rams are going to be very hard to beat in the playoffs. 

JDaveG, Atl Falcon, Xero and 7 others like this

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Are you drinking? We've been screaming this for almost 2 years now!;)

We just so happen to be potentially in a great spot for a day 1 starting OL at 14.:tiphat:

I do not drink at all,, When you have to live in what I grew up in,, you don't touch that stuff. I know that is what we need first and foremost. We have some good Running backs and WRs,, so get the lines.. O and D... and what ever else with the rest of the picks.. Thankfully we don't have that many needs.. And we have a great QB that a lot of teams don't have.. If we don't get the players to help Ryan with.. we're going to mess around and he'll retire,, Then it make take another 2 or 3 years before we will even have another chance.... I think TD and Dan will see it and get it done.. Just hope they peg the best at our picks. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Our Oline was a huge problem for us.  Look at how much time those qbs get compared to M Ryan, plus we could hardly ever run the ball.  The oline should be the top priority for every team.  Look at all those highlights of Tom Brady and Peyton, and they had great olines.

vitaman likes this

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I realized something,,   The years we had our best teams.. we also had the best O# Lines we have ever had,,, Watching Rams domminate,, tonight... They have a great great OL... Yes they have Gurly ,,, but if it wasn't for the OL that would mean nothing.... I'm now thinking that should be Atlanta;s top priority !!!!!  Get a great OL ,,, and it will come... you know what it is...a Championship. DL is very deep in this coming Draft.. So take the best OL possible in top pick,, and another one in the 4th ,, get a couple of the DL pass rushers. DE and DT... or both..in.  the 2nd and 3rd rounds.. then in the 4th round take another OL ,,,  A strong OL and DL will get us where we need to be.. We don't have as many needs as most NFL teams.. and we can get our remaining needs with the other 5 picks,, because we have the extra 2 comp picks that will give us 9 total picks in this draft.. 

Look at how the Rams are domanating.. with a GReat Great OL and 2  great RBs .. Gurley and Anderson,,, Big beast backs... hammering their way to the next playoff game.. I think the Rams are going to be very hard to beat in the playoffs. 

Ya don't say...

Summerhill likes this

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Are you drinking? We've been screaming this for almost 2 years now!;)

2 years?  I've been screaming this since Dimitroff got here.

Schwarzwald likes this

7 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Bro I know you're a Draftnut. Like 98% of TATF you believe the only answer lies in the draft. That Ram offensive line has a whopping two OLinemen on it that were drafted by them. Free agency and trades are legal in the National Football League. Something you and 59,272 other TATFers still don't fully comprehend.

I agree with it, but just having a strong O-line would be fruitless without a good QB and a defense. Despite having a great O line the past few years, what has Dallas achieved?

9 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

9 hours ago, CTann said:

I’ve always been in the school of thought that football games are won and lost in the trenches. It all starts up front. Build the lines. Build a team from the inside-out rather than outside-in. 

IMG_0063.JPG.225bd80a06d247d3136c04a6e0b94977.JPG

Schwarzwald and JDaveG like this

That’s why I’ve been saying lately with all the discussion about who and who shouldn’t be the new OC that it won’t matter if we don’t get the offensive fixed.

“Fix the o-line, and the touchdowns will come...”

10 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I do not drink at all,, When you have to live in what I grew up in,, you don't touch that stuff. I know that is what we need first and foremost. We have some good Running backs and WRs,, so get the lines.. O and D... and what ever else with the rest of the picks.. Thankfully we don't have that many needs.. And we have a great QB that a lot of teams don't have.. If we don't get the players to help Ryan with.. we're going to mess around and he'll retire,, Then it make take another 2 or 3 years before we will even have another chance.... I think TD and Dan will see it and get it done.. Just hope they peg the best at our picks. 

I get it. My grandfather father and mother were all alcoholics, and my younger brother starts and ends every day with a beer. Im 41 and have drank maybe twice in my life. That said i agree with your synopsis. The offense hinges on the o line and ours has to get better fsst.

It would be pretty amazing to get Saffold in FA, as well. 

Draftnut57 likes this

It's not just how much they are dominating. It's how effective they are in disguising play action. Warner kept pointing to this. It's why Geoff was barely touched. It also makes the run more effective, cause the defenders hesitate not sure it's not a pass.

The years we've been better we do the same. The years our OL is weaker, Matt gets in a hurry and just "waves" at the RB as he goes by. That ain't fooling nobody.

Ive posted this before, but it's worth posting again. From the great Bill Walsh:

http://www.westcoastoffense.com/bill walsh article 2.htm

I was just debating with a Ryan hater the other day about this. The person kept bringing Ryan in the mix of our failures, but I defended him because of his style of play. I told them that you need a solid OL, and ever team in the playoffs has one.

Draftnut57 and Schwarzwald like this

1 hour ago, The Vent King said:

That’s why I’ve been saying lately with all the discussion about who and who shouldn’t be the new OC that it won’t matter if we don’t get the offensive fixed.

“Fix the o-line, and the touchdowns will come...”

Shows the importance of NOT missing a word. :lol:

Schwarzwald and The Vent King like this