Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atljbo

Ridley interview

12 posts in this topic

One of the under-stated aspects of being a rookie vs professional NFL vets. You are still learning the game AND have a physical disadvantage; unless you are a freak and generational talent. More games to play, etc.

That said, Ridley is way ahead of the curve. Great rookie season. Many duds in round 1 this year for having an impact right away; of course it helps with Sanu and JJ taking much of the attention. We got a dude that can win 1on1. Something Gabriel wasn't able to do as well.

EDIT: Goodness the spellchecks in that article are worse than in my posts!:tiphat:

Edited by Ergo Proxy

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

One of the under-stated aspects of being a rookie vs professional NFL vets. You are still learning the game AND have a physical disadvantage; unless you are a freak and generational talent. More games to play, etc.

That said, Ridley is way ahead of the curve. Great rookie season. Many duds in round 1 this year for having an impact right away; of course it helps with Sanu and JJ taking much of the attention. We got a dude that can win 1on1. Something Gabriel wasn't able to do as well.

EDIT: Goodness the spellchecks in that article are worse than in my posts!:tiphat:

All fair points, but he is also a fairly mature aged rookie.

Would be nice to see him with an NFL off season, dude better get in shape because we need his game breaking talent.

9 hours ago, EZfalcons said:

Being a Georgia fan if we draft another bama player I would not be disappointed at all. The state of Alabama has worked out for us receiver wise with Roddy Julio and now Calvin. Jerry jeudy is next lol jk

Don't laugh... it could happen.

So many great NFL players have the talent, but just won't put in the work. At least not the work required to be the best at their position, like Julio works, and Ice, Sanu, etc., etc. All great examples Ridley has been watching since arriving.

Coming from the top college program in the country, you have to believe Ridley will be willing to put in the work to continue to improve. He'll follow the lead of the other WR's and put in work. I predict he'll come in to camp buff, fit and ready to ball. Koetter is going to have him some fun with this bunch.

7 hours ago, Nereek said:

Don't laugh... it could happen.

That's why I am laughing if we have td still

39 minutes ago, EZfalcons said:

That's why I am laughing if we have td still

I wouldn't oppose in drafting him in later rounds.

Calvin Ridley could be the second coming of Marvin Harrison.  

If Ridley continues to develop and dedicate himself to his art, he will be equal to Harrison.  

On 1/12/2019 at 9:24 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Ridley was most NFL ready WR in the draft. The falcons used him on the outside most of the time, something they couldn’t use Fabrirl or Hall much.

papachaz likes this

Just needs to beef up 10-15 lbs and seriously work on his hands/book.

He has great separating ability...that translated better than I expected immediately to the NFL.

If he's where he's supposed to be, and can be relied on to bring in the difficult catches routinely, he'll get plenty of targets.