SoCalFalconFan

Dee Ford Destroying Andrew Luck

49 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I think we all wanted Ford when he was coming out of college.

Falcons did too. Falcons tried hard to trade up and draft him but the price was just too high.

NeonDeion likes this

4 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Front office, 

Please go get Dee Ford in FA. 

Thanks,

SoCal

Yeah I agree, he will be a free agent and we need to aggressively get him here. Also I think they should move up and get Quinn Williams.  Him and Grady in the middle and Ford on one side and Takk on the other will instantly upgrade our D. 

7 hours ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Yeah I agree, he will be a free agent and we need to aggressively get him here. Also I think they should move up and get Quinn Williams.  Him and Grady in the middle and Ford on one side and Takk on the other will instantly upgrade our D. 

I am not sure we have the resources to carry out your plan.  It is a nice dream, but I don't see it happening.  

I think Beasley needs to be extended with a more reasonable contract.  We need to improve the OL (especially the OG positions) and we need to add a quality DT to pair with Jarrett.  

Unlike most people around here, I would focus on the OG's and accept the consequences of keeping Sambraillo and Schraeder at RT.  Yes, I would prefer to upgrade at RT, as well, but I think the offense absolutely needs better OG play now and can get by with our mediocre RT's for the time being.  

He is an average pass rusher. Period. Dont want him. He plays opposite an all pro in J. Houston and the DT/DE C. Jones had a monster year inside so it made it easy for him.  He also is a lighter OLB. Cant hold up vs run. This is as fluky as Beasleys season. I actually seen this guy avoid tackles at Auburn and for the Chiefs

Edited by Stryka

1 hour ago, Stryka said:

He is an average pass rusher. Period. Dont want him. He plays opposite an all pro in J. Houston and the DT/DE C. Jones had a monster year inside so it made it easy for him.  He also is a lighter OLB. Cant hold up vs run. This is as fluky as Beasleys season. I actually seen this guy avoid tackles at Auburn and for the Chiefs

Brother, if you think 13 sacks (14 if you count yesterday's game) and 7 forced fumbles is average I don't think we'll find common ground. 

19 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Yes - tried to trade back into the first for him and it didnt work out. Then tried to draft Demarcus Lawrence and got jumped by Dallas. Settled on Shede Hageman. 

Sure did and we got them back getting Takk instead of Taco.

RoddyWhite84 and Stryka like this

15 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Brother, if you think 13 sacks (14 if you count yesterday's game) and 7 forced fumbles is average I don't think we'll find common ground. 

He has 1 more sack than Beasley and he was drafted in 2014. Yes he does have 2 double digit sack seasons but lets not dismiss the DL he is playing with. J. Houston and C. Jones were terrors. Put him on our OL and he is Vic Beasley. Also put him on a team that doesnt average 30 ppg and his numbers dwindle. 

1 hour ago, Stryka said:

He has 1 more sack than Beasley and he was drafted in 2014. Yes he does have 2 double digit sack seasons but lets not dismiss the DL he is playing with. J. Houston and C. Jones were terrors. Put him on our OL and he is Vic Beasley. Also put him on a team that doesnt average 30 ppg and his numbers dwindle. 

Good points. I still believe the guy is a solid edge rusher. His non-statistical pass rushing impact is much greater than Beasley, in my opinion.

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, SoCalFalconFan said:

Good points. I still believe the guy is a solid edge rusher. His non-statistical pass rushing impact is much greater than Beasley, in my opinion.

I think he can be a good player if he has a bookend next to him and a strong DT.  I don't think he is a guy you go get and say, hey man go get me 10 sacks regardless if we go 6-10 or 10-6.  I just don't think he is that guy.  There are many of those though but we need 1.

6 minutes ago, Stryka said:

I think he can be a good player if he has a bookend next to him and a strong DT.  I don't think he is a guy you go get and say, hey man go get me 10 sacks regardless if we go 6-10 or 10-6.  I just don't think he is that guy.  There are many of those though but we need 1.

Indeed. I would be thrilled with any of the following players being acquired in FA:

Demarcus Lawrence (will never hit the market)

Trey Flowers (will probably be re-signed)

Dee Ford

Jadeveon Clowney

Frank Clark (Edited in: can't believe I forgot this guy, even though he won't hit the market)

Brandon Graham

Sheldon Richardson

Ezekiel Ansah

Just now, SoCalFalconFan said:

Indeed. I would be thrilled with any of the following players being acquired in FA:

Demarcus Lawrence (will never hit the market)

Trey Flowers (will probably be re-signed)

Dee Ford

Jadeveon Clowney

Brandon Graham

Sheldon Richardson

Ezekiel Ansah

Correction: it should have read. "there aren't many" .  Man I would love to be able to land 1 or 2 of these guys. B. Graham is older but still very good vs the run and can get to the QB. With money tied into Cox and Bennett they may not be able to afford him. **** Ill take C. Long as a rotation piece as well. He is B. Reed on steriods. Clowney and Ford wont make it to FA imo. Young pass rushers are coveted. They have money and will invest. I think we have a chance at Graham and Richardson. We sign those 2 and the draft has more flexibility. 

SoCalFalconFan likes this

On 1/12/2019 at 7:48 PM, MSalmon said:

Dee Ford has been more inconsistent than Vic in his career. Goes to show that giving up on young pass rushers is nuts

This is the right answer.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I“what is a contract year?” for 500 alex

They about to get Sam Baker'd :lol:

On 1/12/2019 at 4:17 PM, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I think we all wanted Ford when he was coming out of college.

Falcons wanted him or Demarcus Lawrence but couldn't trade up in order to grab the pass rushers so they were stuck with Hageman.

Flying Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Falcons wanted him or Demarcus Lawrence but couldn't trade up in order to grab the pass rushers so they were stuck with Hageman.

Shede... what a let down that guy was. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

On 1/12/2019 at 9:36 PM, kiwifalcon said:

But everyone was telling me just draft Oline early that’ll fix it hahahaha.

Indy argh that’s right there on the couch watching like us.

It makes far more sense to draft DL, in a DEEP class, than to roll the dice on an OL that almost certainly won't be pro ready. Not sure why OL are coming out unprepared but it's almost the opposite with DL. Go get Massie, and Saffold in f.a. and double dip De/DT. 

59 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Except at blocking field goals. He was really good at that.

Yeah odd that he couldn't bat down passes at the line.

6 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Shede... what a let down that guy was. 

Thought he was coming into his own after 2016. We needed he and Collins to pan out and both shat out. Part of the reason for our lack of depth on defense i.m.o. 

SoCalFalconFan likes this

11 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It makes far more sense to draft DL, in a DEEP class, than to roll the dice on an OL that almost certainly won't be pro ready. Not sure why OL are coming out unprepared but it's almost the opposite with DL. Go get Massie, and Saffold in f.a. and double dip De/DT. 

This is pretty simple to understand actually. So few college teams run pro style offenses anymore so offensive linemen don't get the teaching they used to get. All the spread offenses in college now that they don't need to coach up linemen like they used.

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I know it’s easy to say that but if there’s a run on those top guys and one of those top 3 olineman fall to us,I’m taking the olineman and getting my dlineman in the next round.

Mind you like many have mentioned FA will dictate where we go.I think on a side note we do need to get younger upfront on the offensive side just gotta hope the right olineman falls to us.Little Ford J.Williams,If they do pull the trigger and don’t look back.